TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Feature: Other Sellers’ Items Displayed on Closed Item Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Do you want to make bets now as to what items from which sellers will be shown?

Like items and random picks... my butt.
Ok this is how I now have everything set

[Image: ebay.jpg]

Now if you go into "Participate in cross-promotions" and at the top it says "Cross-promote my items" which I have checked and 2 boxes under that which I also have checked ("Cross-promote in checkout" and "Cross-promote in all other available areas")

Then you scroll down and choose your preferences for "When someone views my items" and then "When someone bids on or wins my items"

Now my question is (just like Diger) , the "When someone bids on or wins my items" isnt that the cross promotions that go out in the emails because thats what i'm understanding it to be.  Its that part that says "or wins items" that is messing me up.

Anybody understand this?  Why is ebay making this so difficult to understand??  BangHead

Angel  Angel7
Quote:Why is ebay making this so difficult to understand??

Habit... nothing is simple with them - otherwise it wouldn't take a year to change one line of text in the UPI process. :-\
LOL at Power. I know what you mean.

I can't even change this below:
Participate in cross-promotions
And
Participate in cross-promotion connections

It won’t take my password.

Now in the part: "Promote my items with other seller's items in the following areas"
I have it just like you.
But It won’t take my password.
To change the options "Participte in cross-promotions" to NO.
Yep just tried again.
I go try and change the option to NO and I'm directed to a sign on page /screen and it won't accept my password and it WON'T let ME in to CHANGE it to NO.

Oh well I don't even know why I care.
Other than feebay has opted me into one more of their "options" I don't want.
The same thing happened a few months back when they "opted"
me in for autopay when I was NEVER on autopay.

And I made them take me off of it too.

I'm sorry folks, but ebay has become a very sleazy company to say the least.
The Cross Promotions should be fine.  I think those are the ones that show in your auctions, so you want them there!

The Cross Promotions Connections (cross promote with a seller of your choice) you probably don't want it but it doesn't matter. If a seller wants to promote your items then they will invite you and you have a Accept or Deny their invitation, that part doesn't happen automatically.  I cross promote our 2 stores so I know how this one works.
What a PITA, xpp, that you can't get into your account to change your preferences.  Tongue3

I just went back in and checked, and sure enough, I was changed back to everything as 'yes'.  Took me several 'save settings' tries to get the yes's saved as no's.  Seems that it only wanted to change them one at a time, instead of altogether. 

Personal cross-promotions is the only way I'll go with spamming my bidders/buyers.  I don't even really like to do that, but perhaps it'll bring on a few more after-the-fact sales.

I may check these settings DAILY to make sure they stay put where they are.  I don't really care to have other competitors things advertised in MY space. 
stardust Wrote:I don't really care to have other competitors things advertised in MY space. 

It might not be good for your business, but it will be good for eBay's business and "the community".  Laughing7 :Smile
Quote:I don't really care to have other competitors things advertised in MY space.

Me either Star.

Quote: It might not be good for your business, but it will be good for eBay's business and "the community".  Laughing7 :Smile

That is why I really don't care. I'll promote my website to the customers in after auction e mails.
That is good for my business and my community. Also lets me afford more BEER. Occasion14

Many times I'll get pockets of new customers from the same community.
Usually one has bought from me at feebay and the neighbors like what the Jones’s have,
then turn around and buy from my site for less.  Mrgreen

Me likes that.

Okay, a few things are clearing up for me: 

The top two boxes to check are the 'cross-seller' promos.  If you don't want other sellers items/your items cross-promoting on ended items and bidding/winning emails, then make those a NO.

The bottom two boxes refer to the promoting of your own items within your own listings.  Those are the boxes of your items that show up on the bottom of your active listings, and the top of your own ended listings.

In order to see what your ended listings look like right now, and what's being shown on them, you have to sign out of ebay, then look at those listings.  I am not thrilled with the 'random' choices of other sellers' items being shown (4 items -  2 sellers - 3 from one seller at the bottom of the barrel in pricing -- both with fraudulent misrepresentation of what they are selling), so I am staying opted out of the cross-seller promotions.

On the adverse, I use Sellathon for my counters, and have been wondering where these 'direct link' hits have been coming from.  Maybe now I know. I guess it raises a certain amount of curiosity to have a list of 'similar items' and no gallery pic. Folks are apparently clicking on the links.

I'm surprised that 'store items' would appear in the cross-seller promotions, instead of just 'auction items'.  Sign13 Then, again, perhaps those 'direct link' hits are coming from the item showing up at the bottom of searches with fewer than 20 listings coming up.  Now I'm confuzzled again!   
Big Grin

Edited to add:  No, the less-than-20-items-showing-link hits always show the ebay category from whence they came.  So, that means that peeps really ARE checking out those line-item cross-seller links. Hmm......  Might not be too nasty a marketing ploy for some folks............

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5