TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Should I use Marketworks? Veterans, please share your experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I also found it a little confusing, but I thought maybe it was because I am a dumbasp. 
I do think I also added things into my cart as add-ons.  Hmmmm
Quote:While checking out the sign-up form, I found a "referred by" box. Will somebody get something cool if I say they referred me?

Yep, the referrer gets 10% of your MW fees for the first 10 months.  You get a 3 week free trial instead of 2 weeks if you put a referral name when you sign up.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=877.msg3412#msg3412 date=1129735324]
I also found it a little confusing, but I thought maybe it was because I am a dumbasp. 
I do think I also added things into my cart as add-ons.  Hmmmm
[/quote]

Nope--you're not a dumasp. It was just a little confusing (I wasn't sure if I was doing everything right--then the next thing I knew, I was done). LOL. The confusion factor is the one thing I am still tossing around.

Amy--if that's true, then let's get someone to pony up their name so I can give them credit if I do decide to do this.

Also--as if I haven't asked enough questions in the last 24 hours, what about Vendio? I used them back when they were called AuctionWatch, but haven't had much experience with them lately. Or Andale?
Quote:"Andale"

here's a link:  http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y05/m09/i13/s02

The company's billing department makes eBay's look honest by comparison.  :blinkie: The complaints about Andale's billing started long before that Auctionbytes story.

Quote:Vendio?

Feature wise they're way behind Marketworks but ahead of Channel Advisor Pro.  Vendio does have PayPal IPN which MW doesn't.  Vendio doesn't support Overstock but they do support Amazon Auctions (not Marketplace).  Vendio's Yahoo support--they still haven't figured out how to get a gallery picture to show up (either has CA Pro).

EDITED to add:  if MarketWorks is down or slow, your MW store will also be down or slow...

One other service is Zoovy.  Feature wise they're close to Marketworks and their web stores are wayyyyy better than MW.  They support all eBay, Overstock, and they're the only ams that supports AOL Classifieds (AOL Classifieds does not allow PayPal to be offered).  Negative-$399 setup fee.

example Zoovy web store: http://www.nycdesignsforless.com/
Excellent overview. Thanks a bunch. I do remember hearing about the Andale billing issues, now that you mention it. I'll steer clear of them. As for Vendio, I'll keep them as a backup if MW doesn't work out.

I'm doing the MW sign up process right now. Gonna give it a shot--with two final questions:

--Once I sign up, do all listings get converted into MW-compatible listings?
--Do I have to turn off eBay's checkout system?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=877.msg3421#msg3421 date=1129739327]

--Once I sign up, do all listings get converted into MW-compatible listings?
--Do I have to turn off eBay's checkout system?
[/quote]

They have an import feature that lets you convert existing listings to MW format, but before you relist them you'll have to clean up your templates...(kind of like you do with iOffer's Mr Grabber).  They also have an import/export utility that allows you to import inventory listings (.AA Pro, Access, Excel, Mr. Lister, SA Basic, SA Pro formats)

If you want to use checkout redirect and have buyers go through MW, there's a checkbox on MW's eBay account setup page 'Use Checkout Redirect:'.  If you want your shipping prices and tax info to appear on eBay, you also need to check the 'eBay Checkout Details:  Enable Checkout Details' box on MW.
Ohh! OK. So, you don't even have to use MW checkout system if you'd rather not. That's nice to know.

PM me your username and I'll enter you into the "referred by" box.
I've checked out through Vendio and Zoovy both.  No problems! 

I'll see if Lori (the owner of the eBay store that BBH posted a link to) will drop in here and maybe you can ask her some questions.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=877.msg3455#msg3455 date=1129768339]
I've checked out through Vendio and Zoovy both.  No problems! 

I'll see if Lori (the owner of the eBay store that BBH posted a link to) will drop in here and maybe you can ask her some questions.
[/quote]

Lori's reply is:  "you can tell them that I do not like Zoovy for Ebay so I used Vendio for that.  I DO like Zoovy A LOT for website.  I also am fairly certain they have improved their eBay end, but I just don't have the time to switch EVERYTHING back over from Vendio to Zoovy.

Also, their fees recently changed and the set up fee may no longer be $399.  May be cheaper because monthly fee is now a bit higher (but includes WAY more features than before)"
Pages: 1 2 3 4