TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Should I use Marketworks? Veterans, please share your experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you can turn Meg on.... never mind.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=877.msg16211#msg16211 date=1150425664]
Do I need to turn anything "on" over on eBay do allow checkout redirect?
[/quote]

No.

There is one (unrelated to checkout) thing you definitely want to remember to turn OFF next week.  MW is planning on making the default setting on all accounts to have Web Loyalty active (a bunch of crap eating, shithead ,spamming sleazy boinktards who operate several "rewards" programs read Web Loyalty's BBB report ) .  You'll need to turn it OFF or your customers will hate you. The announcement:

Quote:Webloyalty Reminder - Change to Terms & Conditions

As noted in our recent Announcement and Marketworks Forums post, Marketworks is making a change to the Webloyalty default setting. Two years ago Marketworks introduced Webloyalty to select customers to provide a rewards program that benefits merchants with cash and repeat business. Given the success our participating Sellers have experienced, effective June 21, 2006, Webloyalty will be enabled as a default setting in all users'* StoreFront/Checkout profiles. We've updated our Terms & Conditions to reflect this setting (effective June 21, 2006 for existing users).

Founded in 1999, Webloyalty is one of the leading online marketing services companies. Through its range of innovative products, Webloyalty helps its clients increase their revenues while offering consumers a range of valuable benefits packages. Webloyalty counts over 1.6 million consumers participating in their programs and partners with companies such as Amazon.com, Staples, Delta.com, American Greetings and more.

Hundreds of our customers have already taken advantage of the Webloyalty program and enjoyed both the increased repeat traffic as well as referral bonus checks. Here's how it works:

* Your StoreFront buyer signs up for Webloyalty's service.
    * The buyer receives a $10 rebate paid by Webloyalty to use on their next purchase from your eBay listings or Marketworks hosted StoreFront.
    * For every 1000 shoppers that view the offer, Webloyalty pays your business $100.

We anticipate you may have some questions about the program and how to start participating:

How do I enable Webloyalty?

Webloyalty will automatically be enabled for you June 21st, 2006.  To enable Webloyalty immediately, navigate to your StoreFront/Checkout profile. Click the Checkout tab and then click the Webloyalty Settings link. Select the I want to include Webloyalty at the end of my checkout option. Learn more about Webloyalty.

What do my buyers get for signing up?

When buyers sign up to participate in the Webloyalty program they receive free access to a package of valuable discounts and services for 30 days. Buyers enjoy the benefits for a month during which they can cancel enrollment and still retain the coupon to return to your site. After the first month, buyers pay $10/month to continue with the program and can cancel at any time.

How do I make money with Webloyalty?

You make money in 2 ways:

1. For every 1000 shoppers that view the offer after completing checkout, Webloyalty pays your business $100.
  2. The buyer receives a $10 rebate paid directly by Webloyalty to use on their next purchase from your eBay listings or Marketworks hosted StoreFront.

What if my customer wants to cancel the Membership?

Webloyalty makes it very easy for customers to cancel their membership by allowing customers to cancel via a toll-free number, their website or an automated phone system after hours. Their customer service representatives are all trained to respond to consumers in a friendly and accommodating manner. When the customer contacts their customer service department to cancel a membership, they won't be faced with a rep trying to convince them to keep the membership - reps aren't allowed to do that. The rep will just need some basic information from your customer such as their email address, full name and/or zip code to access their record. The customer service representative will then immediately accommodate their request. Even if a customer cancels their membership, they can still redeem the Cash Back Award.

I'd prefer not to participate, how do I disable Webloyalty?

Within Marketworks, navigate to your StoreFront/Checkout profile. Click the Checkout tab and then click the Webloyalty Settings link. Select the Don't include Webloyalty at the end of my checkout option.

AuctionBytes has an article today on MarketWorks andWebLoyalty that discusses the BBB complaints. AuctionBytes also interviews a poster seller with 3100 mutually withdrawn feedbacks and a feedback percentage of 96.5% who thinks WebLoyalty is great. //snicker// :Smile

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m07/i05/s02

[quote]Why not leave it up to Marketworks sellers to decide if they want to opt-in to the program? Lundy said Marketworks made it part of the standard settings because the WebLoyalty program was so popular with sellers. WebLoyalty is a $100 million company and are very successful, Lundy said.

"If there are complaints, it's a fraction of the business they do," Lundy MarketWorks Chief Marketing Officer said, and at any time, WebLoyalty members can ask for their money back. He relayed his own experience of having inadvertently joined the program when signing up for a high-school reunion networking site. Eight months later, when he noticed monthly charges to his American Express bill, a call to WebLoyalty resulted in his getting all of his money refunded to him, he said.[/quote/
Pages: 1 2 3 4