TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Moronic Utterings Of A UK Rinky Dink Site Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18895.msg73895#msg73895 date=1233044147]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=18895.msg73888#msg73888 date=1233023678]
[quote author=amy link=topic=18895.msg73884#msg73884 date=1233003528]

I'm undecided whether I should keep my Zen Carts or open a store on auctionsworldwide.net  Confusedtolensmiley:

[/quote]

I think you should follow the vast crowds to auctionsworldwide.  Confusedtolensmiley: :twistedevil:

[/quote]

I don't think anyone should follow the crowd to a site who's owner has publicly admitted 2 times in the past few months that his site(s) were hacked.
[/quote]

Uh, agreed. That said, it was a joke. Joke.  Confusedtolensmiley:
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=18895.msg73904#msg73904 date=1233060776]
Uh, agreed. That said, it was a joke. Joke.  Confusedtolensmiley:
[/quote]

Oh yes, it was an obvious joke Smile Just wanted to throw in that his site(s) have been hacked multiple times and he has posted about each at PSU.

But your joke isn't even as funny as this one:
Quote:Currently i am running THREE sites. One i class as e commerce with stores being the primary function, one as a predominantly Auction site with stores as an option and one, my new one, that is a 50/50 split, a kind of all in site. In each case i do not class my sites as EBay alternatives. They are there to gain their own identity and market. This is a very important point and one which i think new site launches must consider and which sellers should seriously consider...
A New site? Oh my, those 700 live worldwide auctions must be wildly successful to want to spread them out more!
http://powersellersunite.com/post-234384.html#234384
Same author, new thread. It seems Atomic Mall hijacked the first thread with a spamvertisement, and a dispute started on the "Let's stop all disputes" thread.

One more true example of infinite ecommerce wisdom...
Quote:Should sites be responsible for all the advertising??? In my opinion, no they should not. The site is responsible for bringing in the general public, visitors, to the site. The seller is and must be responsible for promoting and selling their own products. In almost all cases, neither site owners or sellers DO THIS. And certainly in many if not most cases, there is no working relationship between sites and sellers.
In a related story, Amazon, Buy, and Etsy are now suspending their advertising program to market their third party sellers in favor of an "advertise yourself" program. Happy001
auctionsworldwide Wrote:Advertising and promotion, depending on how big the site intends to grow, not less than $500 a month.

If you're spending $500 monthly on promotion and have only managed to attract 226 customers in 2 1/2 years then you should find a new profession.

Quote:It seems Atomic Mall hijacked the first thread with a spamvertisement

Is there a thread they haven't spamjacked? Happy001
xwpopper Wrote:A New site? Oh my, those 700 live worldwide auctions must be wildly successful to want to spread them out more!

chris12331 Wrote:Then there is the third site. A mystery site at this time, which is running, has users and sales are being made. Let it suffice to say, this is there as an overspill site when aww has to start capping to avoid saturation.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtopic.php?p=233684&highlight=#233684
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
His site has 683 listings, and most of the top level categories are empty, and he's worried about saturation?  :blinkie:
Quote:One more true example of infinite ecommerce wisdom...
QuoteShould sites be responsible for all the advertising??? In my opinion, no they should not. The site is responsible for bringing in the general public, visitors, to the site. The seller is and must be responsible for promoting and selling their own products. In almost all cases, neither site owners or sellers DO THIS. And certainly in many if not most cases, there is no working relationship between sites and sellers. In a related story, Amazon, Buy, and Etsy are now suspending their advertising program to market their third party sellers in favor of an "advertise yourself" program. [img alt=Happy001]http://Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/happy001.gif[/img]

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18895.msg73906#msg73906 date=1233066258]

But your joke isn't even as funny as this one:
Quote:Currently i am running THREE sites. One i class as e commerce with stores being the primary function, one as a predominantly Auction site with stores as an option and one, my new one, that is a 50/50 split, a kind of all in site. In each case i do not class my sites as EBay alternatives. They are there to gain their own identity and market. This is a very important point and one which i think new site launches must consider and which sellers should seriously consider...
A New site? Oh my, those 700 live worldwide auctions must be wildly successful to want to spread them out more![/quote]

Yes, a new site. Chris seems to think that RScript is a good platform for a business: charbles.com

Looks like gbauctions.co.uk, auctionsworldwide.net, fournationsclassifieds.co.uk and multiads.net aren't living up to expectations so he rushed out and purchased a soon to be defunct copy of RScript to address his problems.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

AuctionsWorldWide.net Wrote:You can choose between Auction XL with stores, or you can opt for purely webstores on there own.

Either way you would have a very robust and strong script which is so highly adaptable.

Either way you also have a script which is easily hacked because the developers haven't bothered to fix the moderately critical SQL injection vulnerability which was discovered last May.
http://secunia.com/advisories/30089/

AuctionsWorldWide.net Wrote:Where do you start. ?? First and foremost you need an identity, not simply a name and a basic script, but that which identifies you and your business. Firstly, you need a tag Line associated with your business. AWW uses “Bringing Buyers and Sellers together” Immediately that tag line separates you from the rest. AWW is your business, bringing buyers and sellers together is what you do.

Tag line tips:  don't pick a tag line like "“Bringing Buyers and Sellers together” which is already being used by dozens of sites unless your goal is to hide your site from Google searchers...AWW isn't even in the first 10 pages of search results for “Bringing Buyers and Sellers together”

edit:
seller Wrote:The reason we need to look outside eBay is that eBay has ruined the secondary value of Sterling Ornaments. With Mom and Pop selling a single ornament for next to nothing it brings the value of the item way down over time and is getting harder and harder to keep the market growing with interest and value. Collectibles should have higher value through time, scarcity, and quality, not to mention 1st editions and famous label makers.

Collectibles have decreased in value because the Internet has made them much easier to find.  An item that once might have taken months to find can now be found in seconds via Google or eBay (and is usually available from multiple sellers).  What was "scarce" 15 years ago is no longer scarce thanks to the Internet.  Moving off eBay isn't going to solve the problem of falling collectible values...unless you can make Google and other search engines disappear.
Not to mention that the Anserv is just a renamed 3 year old PHPAuction script with some slightly changed design:

Anserv: http://stopandbid.com/
PHPAuction: http://phpauction.net/phpauction-xl-3.2/index.php

Anserv did nothing but buy a script and changed the headers and colors, then resold it to Chris. It's no different than what many companies, such as Bidware, did to PHPProBid's software.
From the master of online auctions who's flagship site is rapidly plummeting to less than 500 live auctions.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about25...asc-0.html
Quote:OK, I am going to blast off for once. I am an average guy who actually does have a brain and can use it.

So i would like to ask three very simple questions to site owners and cheerleaders.

1... When are we going to see a site and or cheerleader post on here the exact truth, without adding informatioin deliberately designed to fool us.

2... When are site owners and cheerleaders going to understand this forum and its intended use of being a place to learn is slowly losing its credibility by the sensless disinformation being posted.

3... When are site owners and cheerleaders going to realise, far more buyers than sellers visit this forum and what they read is a massive turn off for those buyers.

Am i angry. Yes i am, because i beleived this was a place we could all learn and benefit from. I think on that score PSU and its members, or some of them have lost there way.

Let's break it down:
"1... When are we going to see a site and or cheerleader post on here the exact truth, without adding informatioin deliberately designed to fool us."
Do you mean posting the exact truth like the stats seen here on your flagship site?
http://auctionsworldwide.net/viewaccessstats_bingot.php

"2... When are site owners and cheerleaders going to understand this forum and its intended use of being a place to learn is slowly losing its credibility by the sensless disinformation being posted."
Absolutely! I fully agree that no one should be flooding PSU with posts about another freakin' boinktard run site with a shiny forum and happy community (Bonanzle, AM, Probid newbies, etc.) when sites like Etsy can't even get their own flippin' forum section on PSU. What's a real alternative to eBay anyway? According to a chief disinformationist (Chris himself) a real alternative is a flagship auction site with 7 bids since Christmas, 550 auctions broken up by 10 different sections, and either heavily padded, manipulated, or false traffic stats.

"3... When are site owners and cheerleaders going to realise, far more buyers than sellers visit this forum and what they read is a massive turn off for those buyers."
Does the admin make that information readily available to boinktard flagship auction site owners?This is his third whiny thread in a few weeks. He used to get the usual posters to chime in, but it's drying up like his flagship site.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5