TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Moronic Utterings Of A UK Rinky Dink Site Owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:Maybe its time for alternatives to pool together and fight this suggested new player
Quote:AuctionsWorldWide.net 5 Month Sitewide Tally
6 unique buyers

Jack Ma is in trouble if the rinky dinks band together.  Happy001

I just think it is totally hilarious. since several so called "trolls" who never did anything but pick fights and tell lies on PSU according to such useful members of the AWW/aSs/WP squads, now they have to start something up to blame on TT members just to make their lives useful. When you don't sell anything online, you have too much time on your hands to think up this stuff guys. What I sold today on my sites is more than the average rinky dink auction site seller makes in 7 months, yet any post I made at PSU to steer a confused member in the right direction was labeled as jealous.
Now, the "alternatives" (including AM and Bonanzle) can't support a household of 1 in a third world country, and they are jealous. They are making up a whole hoax just to pin up some folks as hackers and criminals. In fact, I am flattered that I was considered briefly to have done it.
Looking back, I wonder who the trolls really were after all?
Those who tried to let the newbies know to stay away from sites that only get $15 in monthly sales for each of their sellers? Or maybe the rinky dink site owners who labeled the TT members as cons, criminals, and jealous trolls when they were just trying to give real business advice to sellers that wanted to make money.

I guess we really are all trolls after all. A few more sellers signed up with some rinky dinks while I was typing this, so I need to get to work to fend off that big competition!
Sorry for the lengthy post here, but it needs to be addressed that the king of auction sites has become a moderator at a new forum that is a blatant ripoff of a major forum.
Apparently, disgusted with the discourse created by Non TT members at PSU, a few have started their own new forum that looks like a bad clone of PSU.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-24...tml#245008
Apparently, anyone who tries to tell the truth there will be ousted for their jealousy.
Apparently, the ones who tell the real truth about their massive stats have already signed up, including moderator AWW.  ;D
Apparently, the admin of the site doesn't know how to redirect to the correct directory either:
http://onlinesellersunited.com/  should direct to:
http://onlinesellersunited.com/im141/portal.php Thumbsup
Apparently, the site moderators and admin don't understand what plagiarism is and that they can be sued out the a$$ for this if they didn't have approval:
From PSU:
Quote:PSU was “born” when eBay implemented rate increases that significantly impacted sellers large & small. The fee hikes affect buyers also, as most sellers have no choice but to pass on the eBay fees to buyers. Our focus has now shifted away from the eBay boycott in early 2005 to helping sellers, and buyers, find the best alternative auction site(s) for their needs.
From OSU:
Quote:OSU was “born” in March of 2009 when it became clear that eBay's policies made eBay an extremely difficult venue to conduct business on. As eBay has declined in importance, many other e-commerce venues have surfaced, with several performing well, and a few flourishing. Our focus is on helping sellers, buyers, and anyone else interested in learning about and finding the very best e-commerce sites available today.
PSU:
Quote:PSU is a fast- growing group of online members – seasoned and new – with common goals. We enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment where all facets of e-Commerce are discussed and debated.
PSU offers site navigation tools, free auction tools, and multiple search options right from the home page!
OSU:
Quote: OSU is a brand new site that aims to help and educate – both seasoned e-commerce veterans and new to the scene folks – with common goals. We anticipate a fun, fast-paced, and problem-free environment where all facets of e-commerce are discussed, reviewed and debated. OSU offers site navigation tools, and open and tightly moderated discussion forums that are free of flaming, warring, and other non-productive antics.
PSU:
Quote: Our discussions include web site design to best alternative auction sites. If your area of question/interest is not found, ask and you will receive!
OSU:
Quote: Our discussions include web site design, current events, security, and all things e-commerce related. If you have a question, or an area of interest not yet covered, ask and it will be provided!
PSU:
Quote:Take a minute and join one of the fastest growing online e-Commerce communities!If you have any news, information, or updates you want to share please contact us
OSU:
Quote: Take a minute and join the newest online e-commerce discussion communities! If you have any news, information, or updates you want to share please contact us.
PSU:
Quote: Be sure to submit a link to your online store on our Users Storefronts so others can browse your store. If you do not have your own store yet we provide PSU Stores so you can have your very own e-commerce web site.
OSU:
Quote: Be sure to submit a link to your online store on our Site Links so others can browse your store.
PSU:
Quote:
You do NOT need to be a PowerSeller to join this site. EVERYONE is welcome!
OSU:
Quote:
You do NOT need to be an online seller to join this site. EVERYBODY is welcome!

Apparently, I have said 'apparently' too much.

Why do I now feel like I just called the play by play from the Ohio State/Penn State game?
Quote:jealous trolls

my monthly jealousy meter

Quote:Apparently, the admin of the site doesn't know how to redirect to the correct directory either:

Apparently the admin of the site doesn't know how to spell his own business name either...shouldn't there be an n in science? Confusedtolensmiley:

edit: the admin is "osunite"? Happy001
Quote:Our discussions include web site design, current events, security

The OSU security discussions should be informative NOT since they'll be led by a mod (AWW) whose sites are regularly hacked and another mod (PRG) who is too dense to understand the difference between publishing exploit code and "exploiting (i.e. hacking) a site." :Smile
Quote:OSU offers .......tightly moderated discussion forums

Dazed012

Quote:The newest registered user is PowerNimrod

Confusedtolensmiley:
[quote author=regic link=topic=18895.msg74135#msg74135 date=1236744248]
Quote:Our discussions include web site design, current events, security

The OSU security discussions should be informative NOT since they'll be led by a mod (AWW) whose sites are regularly hacked and another mod (PRG) who is too dense to understand the difference between publishing exploit code and "exploiting (i.e. hacking) a site." :Smile
[/quote]
my review of OSU: a site started by an AtomicMall mod for AtomicMall cheerleaders and whiny rinky dink owners like AWW and ASs who are upset that people are posting about Bonanzle instead of their hopeless sites.  The lack of ecommerce/selling/site security knowledge of the site's two main moderators AWW and PRG is staggering...
In other news:

AuctionsWorldwide.net has a temper tantrum and manifestoes from PSU:

AuctionsWorldWide.net Wrote:Gladly seeing as you have no intention of ever wanting this crap to stop.

Why are we and others going to another new site. SIMPLE. We are sick and tired of your utter nonesense. Enjoy your self on here.

Psu, for gods sake take my account and close it down. I want nothing to do with any site associated with this utter rubbish.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtop...394#245382

...and one of AtomicMall's biggest cheerleaders also manifestoes from PSU:

AM cheerleader on PSU Wrote:With all due respect, you [psunite] do not see the problem and it is not about AM and BZ...segregation of this forum will only divide it further...I have sent you a PM...thank you for my time here but please ban or remove me from PSU....that will solve one of the problems you have...you need to deal with the other problems on your own....
From PRG yesterday when answering why OSU admins are plagiarizing PSU with their intro statement...
Quote:That is not what it says, though it's possible it may have said that briefly on it's very first day. Most of the remaining similarities are certainly to be expected, IMO, as both sites are geared toward very similar areas of interest. But that's more than enough about that, here.

It said that from day one, until yesterday when chief OAI boinktards-r-us changed it.
It is also no longer indexed in Google like they were 2 days ago. Google will ban you for plagiarism:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=JXU&q=site%3Aonlinesellersunited.com%2Fim141%2F&btnG=Search

Anyone who follows and listens to any member who signs up there knowing they would commit the act of plagiarism is someone I will not deal with.
Sites whose admins joined after reading a blatantly, obviously plagiarized front page before signing up:
Atomicmall
AWW
Alsoshop
Auctions 8 (that spinny globe place)
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18895.msg74154#msg74154 date=1236957070]
From PRG yesterday when answering why OSU admins are plagiarizing PSU with their intro statement...
Quote:That is not what it says, though it's possible it may have said that briefly on it's very first day. Most of the remaining similarities are certainly to be expected, IMO, as both sites are geared toward very similar areas of interest. But that's more than enough about that, here.

It said that from day one, until yesterday when chief OAI boinktards-r-us changed it.
It is also no longer indexed in Google like they were 2 days ago. Google will ban you for plagiarism:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=
org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=JXU&q=site%3A
onlinesellersunited.com%2Fim141%2F&btnG=Search

Anyone who follows and listens to any member who signs up there knowing they would commit the act of plagiarism is someone I will not deal with.
Sites whose admins joined after reading a blatantly, obviously plagiarized front page before signing up:
Atomicmall
AWW
Alsoshop
Auctions 8 (that spinny globe place)
[/quote]

Similarities are to be expected? Gee. The AuctionBytes forum, EcommerceArena, TulipTools and even now defunct OWTA didn't/don't have expected similarities to PSU. I've seen quite a few PSU alternatives over the last couple of years - like eBay wannabes. I guess, because PSU has a lot of members it has become the "Gold Standard" in eCommerce forums.

Frankly, I got sick of the ridiculous pissing matches over at PSU and put up a forum awhile back. I was motivated by dissatisfaction. While dissatisfaction with a product is a good way to prompt someone to try a new product it's not a good foundation on which to build a business. Anyone who has paid attention can see that the rinky dink "alternative" sites had nothing to work with when eBay didn't make their customary January policy/fee adjustments this year. Most use dissatisfaction for customer acquisition.

Which, I suspect, is part of the reason some vendors decided to ignore the plagiarism. They're hungry for links and running on thin (if any) promo margins. The dynamic of a seller, auction owner and a buyer running a forum is....BIZARRE-O WORLD.

It's freaky weird that sellers would subscribe to a social setting in which they're under the thumb of an auction site owner and a buyer.

Google has indexed a cache of the site from 3/10 at 14:28 GMT(and I saved a couple screenshots) showing that there were not only posts made on 3/9 (the first day the site was announced) but there was enough time that had passed that there was a member that hadn't even visited in 24 hours.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:CZBVYVxdl1MJ:onlinesellersunited.com/im141/portal.php%3Fsid%3Db8ea18919b0d04d042f5a3ebd8e37a8c+site:onlinesellersunited.com/im141/&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

This post was made by the UK rinky dink owner himself on 3/8:
http://onlinesellersunited.com/im141/vie...hp?p=83#83

I wonder if PRG will ever take back what she said?
Quote:That is not what it says, though it's possible it may have said that briefly on it's very first day.
Lying about a site that isn't even your own?

Quote:It's freaky weird that sellers would subscribe to a social setting in which they're under the thumb of an auction site owner and a buyer.

Welcome to the rinky dink auction site world.
A bunch of sellers who can't figure out why they can't sell anything, all while following the advice of site owners and admins who never sold anything more than a few dusty closet cleaning leftovers here and there that their kids left behind when they moved away from home.
Pay really close attention and you will see that 90% or more of the sellers on one rinky dink auction site are on them all, except Bonanzle which is the only exception to the "rinky dink" philosophy, though barely excluded by the membership of a few large and respected eBay Powersellers and serious Amazon sellers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5