TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am TOTALLY impressed!!! 
A nice buyer  Smile
My feedback rant for the day. 

I got an email yesterday from a buyer saying I had shipped him the wrong book.    I shipped him the book listed in my inventory listing at AOB, the one that was listed on my pull slip, and the packing slip, but when I went to check out the listing on AZ, sure as shit, it was listed as another book (by the same author).  I don't have a clue how that happened but I'd never in a million years have caught it).

Anyway, I apologize profusely.  I explain I don't have the other book, offer him a HUGE discount if he wants to keep this one, or a full refund including shipping if he'd like to return it.  He says he wants to return it and I email him a prepaid return mailing label (I love endicia). 

So I check my feedback today at AZ and he left me a freakin THREE! 

3 out of 5: "[That wonderful, gracious, and kind bookseller] shipped me the wrong novel by Chaim Potok. I ordered "The Chosen" and they shipped "The Promise." This is an easy mistake to make -- no hard feelings -- but now I have to spend time trying to correct this. Please advise, Thank you."
Date: 6/6/2006   

If there are no hard feelings, why'd he leave me a freakin' THREE!!???!!! 

I (almost) never respond to these type things, but it caught me in a mood. 

Seller Response: "Offered apology for listing issue and sent prepaid return label within hours of first notification of problem. Buyer just needs to slap it on the mailer and stick it in the box. We are issuing full refund including shipping. We're not perfect but we try hard."
Quote:If there are no hard feelings, why'd he leave me a freakin' THREE!!???!!! 

Hard feelings would be 1 or 2.  Smile  Amazon buyers tend to be a lot harsher than eBay buyers because you can't retaliate against them since the buyer's feedback is meaningless (i.e. it is completely separate from their seller feedback if they also sell)
Heh . . . the buyer apparently withdrew his feedback.    :-)
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=3299.msg15835#msg15835 date=1149778964]
Heh . . . the buyer apparently withdrew his feedback.    :-)
[/quote]

I didn't know that feedback could be withdrawn on Amazon.  :-[
It's gone! 

I wrote the buyer last night, wanting to clarify that he had indeed received the return label via email since his feedback indicated the situation was unresolved.  He said he'd amend it and when I went to check . . . it was gone. Smile
Beth,
That's cool the dork withdrew the feedback.  I'm pretttttty sure once a person withdraws, they can't repost any either. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4