TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: I want what he is smoking!!! Voices Member Accuses People Who Disagree with Him of Making Up Facts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It AMAZES me the people that eat up every word he says.
Well... some of them.
Quote:he?

Yes, Oh Great Clact, I will list, list, list. The time is now. The world and Ebay are changing for the better and we must all get on board.

Happy001

Quote:It AMAZES me the people that eat up every word he says.

Well, I agree, but I do understand why they do that;it is much easier to go through life being a sheep and being told by others what to do. The vast majority of people on the planet ARE  Confusedheeplove:  Sad, but just the way it is.
A lot of what he says is actually very plausible.  Problem is, no matter what plan a person comes up with to sell on ebay, that idiot company will do something totally off the wall to make you have to scrap your plans and hard work and start over.  Nobody wins very much now except ebay, who just keeps raking in the dough.

I don't fault Marty for letting other sellers know what works for him and/or others.  I don't fault him for trying to project the volume of internet sales for the future, and how to possibly take advantage using ebay.  There really is nothing wrong with batting around ideas to try to make things better within any particular situation.

When I roll my eyes is with the  Smileybrainwashed Smileykoolaiddrinker s  that don't live in any kind of real world outside of ebay, and to those who become hostile to dissenters who point out legitimate problems with the massive ebay corporation and apparent destructive management decisions.  Banta's famous quote fits here:  *We aren't happy til YOU aren't happy...*

Pretty much, the advice on this forum is to get your own website up and devote most of your energies and hard, long hours of toil to yourself, not ebay or other worthless venues.  And if you choose to sell on ebay, use it to direct folks to your web site, and never, never depend on it 100% for your e-commerce selling.  I agree with that.  And experiment a bit with different kinds of core listings to see what might jive with buyers.  Albeit with a small number of listings.
Thought I'd chime in on this thread, because it involves one of my (and possibly everyone else's?) favorite ebay cheerleaders.

Marty has touted for a long, long time that ebay wasn't the problem, it was the economy, housing market, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Well, something I SHOULD have posted on the boards a long time ago is this:

Look at what a very large part of what Marty sells:

OTHER people stuff (he doesn't have any money tied up in inventory, essentially negating any effects of fee increases)

AND --- those aberrations from hell, those funny friends... HAND MADE in China... (so I suppose just the rest of us are supposed to help our economy by buying American, hmmm?)

Those two points alone are enogh to make me go ~BAH!~ regarding his opinion on the ebay world... or anything else regarding online selling and business.

POO

What I always find funny about Marty's statements is that he is forever bragging about how well members of his group are doing but, if you go to SRG, you find another story. A fair number of them are NOT doing well at all.
Quote:I don't fault Marty for letting other sellers know what works for him and/or others.

I don't fault him for touting eBay because his business model is built around it, but I do fault him for BSing/pushing eBay ("list, list, list") and not telling people in most of his posts what realllllly works for him (which isn't traditional person-to-person eBay "selling"): Mrs. Marty's eBay classes and the course manuals they sell at them, their Trading Assistant business, and using eBay to gain accounting clients.
Marty has the most sugar in his glass.  He is the shepherd.
Quote:Mrs. Marty's eBay classes and the course manuals they sell at them, their Trading Assistant business, and using eBay to gain accounting clients.

Ahhhh... so there's an agenda here, then!  Mblah05 Bullet number three.  Smileykoolaid

Cheers

Quote:Ahhhh... so there's an agenda here, then!    Bullet number three. 
Quote:Marty has the most sugar in his glass.  He is the shepherd.

Yep, Marty's a pimp for ebay. Smileykoolaid  Chief of the koolaide drinkers. Sign10    All in his own self-interest, of course. Tool Puke
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6