TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: July Barf Bag for eBay Stores on Tues 7/25 at 12noon PDT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It gets better.  Now I'm receiving this message:  Happy001

Quote:
Scheduled Maintenance

The eBay feature you are attempting to use is not available due to scheduled maintenance.
Please come back later and try again.

We occasionally perform maintenance on and introduce upgrades to the eBay system. During these scheduled maintenance periods, certain functions may not be accessible. Prior notice of scheduled maintenance periods is provided on our Announcement Board.

We appreciate your patience as we complete this important maintenance. Thank you for being a part of the eBay Community.
Dammit! I've got a good question for the storesteam.  BangHead
not meaning any etnici predjuice, The accessing for the BBL today is akin to a Chinese Giredrill!
Darlene from the eBay stores team says they are working on it!
It's back as of 12:19 pst and you only have 41 minutes to ask questions:

All questions posted prior to 1:00 PDT will be addressed by one of the staff.
Quote:lehman-parker (re: #2)

Thanks for your question and for attending today’s BBL. Beyond what was mentioned in Bill’s original post, I don’t have an update today on additional activities that are targeted at improving the percentage of successful auctions or minimizing low-quality auctions.

I can tell you that improving sell-through and getting high quality items to the site will remain a top priority, and we’ll be increasingly focused on that in coming months.

Regards,
Darlene

Ah, the lovely Darlene - Copy & Paste Say-Nothing Queen

I hope she has a good C & P ready for my question. Angel1
Quote:I was considering opening an eBay store on this ID. Can you tell me what types of items I might think about selling in a stores format that Bill Cobb would not find "troubling?"

Happy001
[quote author=amy link=topic=4414.msg18650#msg18650 date=1153855705]
Quote:I was considering opening an eBay store on this ID. Can you tell me what types of items I might think about selling in a stores format that Bill Cobb would not find "troubling?"

Happy001
[/quote]

Copy & Paste an answer to THAT one, Darlene!  Wink
My one question (in case it gets removed from there)..

Quote:you might want to see and see the number of penny BINs on the core site.)

Specifically, you might want to look at the 2 sellers with the highest feedback on eBay (both their names start with E), who on any given day have 6-9,000 $0.01-$0.02 BIN auctions each.

Is there any reason eBay looks the other way as its largest sellers openly practice fee avoidance (not to mention the effects on feedback when you run 1 cent BIN auctions)

Another of eBay's top sellers, who for years, was eBay's #1 feedback seller until last Summer, regularly lists not-for-resale promotional CDs and doesn't state the fact in his decriptions.  Since selling these promos is forbidden by the RIAA, why does eBay choose to allow this practice?

Another of eBay's top sellers is a favorite of Meg Whitman and in fact had their mascot nicknamed by Meg at an eBay Live.  This seller has an unbelievable 20,000+ negatives and a feedback percentage of 89.2% plus hundreds of item not received/item not as described complaints.  WHY does eBay allow this seller to remain on the site.  Does eBay think this sets a good image for buyers?

Another favorite top sellerof eBay's management is a poster seller with a 96.5% feedback percentage and 3100 mutual withdrawals that he has basically extorted from his unfortunate buyers.  His buyers have in fact started a petition that now has more than 900 buyer names who are asking that he be removed from eBay...and yet eBay's management holds him up as an example.

Why does eBay's management laud these top sellers who openly flaunt the rules while calling honest Stores owners "troubling"?
OK, so I lied, I responded to the pink response below too, so that makes 2 posts. but now I'm really done Smile

Quote:daphne@ebay.com  View Listings | Report  Jul-25-06 12:41 PDT  52 of 75
xxxxx - You asked if it's true these fee increases are intended to subsidize eBay China -- No. These are very targeted fees and other site changes that are being implemented to rebalance the mix of core listings and Store Inventory format for all the reasons Bill mentioned in his letter. While I know some have speculated all kinds of reasons for these changes, I think it's also clear they are very specific to one format -- they address a very specific situation occuring on eBay.com.

As to why China has no fees -- eBay has always set pricing based on the specific international market situation. Using Zero fees to establish a new marketplace is not new for eBay... i hope this helps. Smile

Daphne
Community Development
Quote:they address a very specific situation occuring on eBay.com.

You left out the even more outrageous fee increases you just hit eBay UK and eBay Australia with where the top listing fees for store inventory format where raised to the equivalent of US$0.20 in the UK and US$0.38 in Australia.

ps  Your answer regarding the US (and UK and Australia) not subsidizing the free listings in China is complete BS and you know it.  You wouldn't be able to afford to offer free listing if the sellers in the US/UK/Australia weren't filling your pockets with their fees.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7