TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Misc. Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bell remember the KISS method girl.

Nobody reads those things anyway. Especially if it's all long winded.

Mine says.  Hey we wont share your info. OK something like that.  ;D
PS the less invloved your customer is in the non sence
back end stuff... the better off you
are IMO. They just want to get in but stuff and get out.  Smile
Quote: author=regic link=topic=4751.msg21464#msg21464 date=1156456368]
Regic, could you please do mine also?

Yes.

If you're looking for templates, Algozone has templates for osCMax

Thank you Regic--you rock!! Toothy9

Btw, could you please put the OsCMax in the belleaffaires.com folder? TY!!

Xp,
I know you're right on the KISS thing, but I also want it to be legal, so I am trying to ensure that it is. Big Grin
Quote:Btw, could you please put the OsCMax in the belleaffaires.com folder? TY!!

OK. oscMax and Zen (and CRE and osCommerce) use the same database table names so I'll have to uninstall Zen in order to install osC in that database or you could add another database if you want both programs.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4751.msg21488#msg21488 date=1156467059]
Quote:Btw, could you please put the OsCMax in the belleaffaires.com folder? TY!!

OK. oscMax and Zen (and CRE and osCommerce) use the same database table names so I'll have to uninstall Zen in order to install osC in that database or you could add another database if you want both programs.
[/quote]

I think I'll add another database, that way I can play with both of them and not wind up sorry I uninstalled the Zen. I'll go do it right now!!
TY! Smile

Edited to add:

I added it:  belle_database2
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4751.msg21489#msg21489 date=1156467494]
[quote author=regic link=topic=4751.msg21488#msg21488 date=1156467059]

[/quote]

I think I'll add another database, that way I can play with both of them and not wind up sorry I uninstalled the Zen. I'll go do it right now!!
TY! Smile

Edited to add:

I added it:  belle_database2

[/quote]

I'll install oscMax today Smile
TY, bbh! Thumbsup
This dummy needs some opinions.  :oops:

Please keep in mind, when offering your opinions that I am seriously technically-challenged and learn things much quicker when there are visuals (which seem to be hard to come by).

I have Zen installed. I am not "getting it" so had decided to use Mal's cart for now and build the pages with Site Builder. Then switch to Zen if and when I figure it out. The thing I don't like about this plan is that I am basically building the site twice since I can't use the same pages with Zen that I would use with Mal's.

Is there a better way? Or would one of the other carts be easier for an idiot?  Tard I don't really need a lot of features right now, mainly the ability to offer specials and combine shipping, etc. I may want more later hence the original plan to go with Zen.

Any thoughts?

These shopping cart programs are not just shopping carts.
They are full blown inventory management programs.

Powerful as they may be (once you can figure out how to use them)
I personally have no use for them as I don't have an inventory on hand
nor do I want my customers to have to sign up and create an account
just to shop my site. ZEN FORCES this so I've already trashed Zen.

IMO the simplest way to go is w Mal's,  PP or Google buttons.
So did you decide to just stick with Mal's, XPP? Or will you switch to something besides Zen eventually?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12