TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Selling 101: Q&A for Serious Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I know that some of you work outside of the home and trying to go full-time online.  How do you balance that?

It would be great if I could devote 16 hours per day to work on my site, but that is just a dream right now.  Do you think the market is turning away from the online world due to scammers, hijacking, etc., or is there still room to grow in the dot com nation?

Smile
[quote author=O~Romeo~U~Suck link=topic=7416.msg44223#msg44223 date=1171865775]
Do any of you know anything about this site? http://www.20m.com/
I saw someone talking about it on blujay and I'm wondering if it's an ok site.
[/quote]

Sorry, never heard of it. Maybe someone will come along who has.

[quote author=FineThings4U link=topic=7416.msg44244#msg44244 date=1171894063]
I know that some of you work outside of the home and trying to go full-time online.  How do you balance that?

It would be great if I could devote 16 hours per day to work on my site, but that is just a dream right now.  Do you think the market is turning away from the online world due to scammers, hijacking, etc., or is there still room to grow in the dot com nation?

Smile
[/quote]

Since I do this full-time, I can't really answer the balancing act (aside from balancing multiple websites and eBay ids, lol).

As far as the market turning away, I don't see it happening. To me, that's like saying people will stop buying fast food because it makes them fat. First, our society is all about the quick fix and things that make life easier. I don't see that changing any time soon. Second, just like the fast food analogy, to some extent it will always be less healthy (thus - make you fat, lol), however, the fast food chains continually improve on their offerings and have begun catering to those who are more health-conscious. Likewise, there will always be scammers and fraud, but the industry continues and will continue to work on ways to make the online marketplace safer. JMO.

If this is your dream - don't let it go! It is a lot of work, but at least for me, its also been the most challenging, enjoyable job I've ever had Smile
Quote:Do any of you know anything about this site? http://www.20m.com/
I saw someone talking about it on blujay and I'm wondering if it's an ok site.
Free web hosting is good for a personal website but not for an ecommerce/business site.

Quote:Do you think the market is turning away from the online world due to scammers, hijacking, etc., or is there still room to grow in the dot com nation?
Topic title on front page of TT today "Study: online shopping to account for 40% of all UK retail sales by 2020". (today online sales are slightly over 10% of total UK retail sales).  Online sales in the US are also expected to experience strong growth in coming years.
Quote:Free web hosting is good for a personal website but not for an ecommerce/business site.
Thank you! Then ecommerce is what I need to be looking at. I'll be searching out TT for the right one. 
I'd also love to do this full time, but I have too much to learn to up and quit my night job and just do it. Pesky people tend to get in my way of me quitting my job, like the Power Co. people, the mortgage holder people, you know, "them"! *L* But I will figure this all out with the help of you guys.
Thank you all again!
Hey ORUS,
I am putting a link here that is helpful in selecting a hosting site. Also I have been shopping around and comparing hosting sites. IMHO TT Hosting provides tons of great services for the cost. I also feel comfortable with them, knowing they offer top of the line technical support. You may find a cheaper host, but without great technical support you are in trouble. Go take a tour on the tuliphosting site.
You can access it to the left on the menu. Take a look.

Here is the site
Ecommerce Web Hosting Guide
Hey, I know you guys!!!  Sunny Sunny

I've bookmarked this thread so I can follow the beads of wisdom that have and will be given. I jumped into opening a website and now don't know what the hell to do with it!  Another mentally crippled member. Tongue3
Thanks Chiquita! Ok....wayyy lame here...I didn't realize TT HAD this.  :oops:
Quote:Ecommerce Web Hosting Guide
Great stuff Chiquita!
I'm still reading and the TT stuff too.
I am so frickin' far behind it's not even funny!  I just now discovered this thread.   :blinkie:  :-[

I'm still no expert by any means, but if it makes y'all feel better...three years ago I didn't even know how to do html for an eBay auction.  And we're not talking template stuff.  I mean just doing breaks, paragraphs and changing the font colors!!  Icon_biggrin

A little over a year ago I did my first Zen Cart and thank goodness that one isn't still around for anyone to see!!  Ooooo it was bad!  Happy001

I didn't take any classes, but I probably should have.  Y'all don't even want to view the source on my html stuff!!  :blinkie: 

I'm still asking questions (just posted in the SEO forum Tongue3) and learning new stuff too, but I'll be glad to help out with what I do know.   Smile

Here, do me a favor River Rat...just send me some of your brain cells, k? Are you kidding me, not an expert? Umm...yeah, I've seen your web site woman! This coming May will be a year for me in selling online. The first time I did HTML on an ebay listing, I was so frustrated I had a friend go in there and fix the messes I made. And that was just fonts. *L*
I've been looking at TT's web site info. That's who I want to go with. (Thanks Chiquita!) Looks like I'd be a fool not to. But first I have to find a wholesaler for what I want to sell. I already sell from 2 different companies, but neither are at wholesale prices.
So when I do a web site with TT, I still have to get a shopping cart seperate, right? And if so, is it hard to install?
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7