TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Selling 101: Q&A for Serious Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I found this last night: picture gallery product type for Zen 1.36/1.37
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54740
Does this mean I'm a bad seller if I am purchasing services for my website?  Like, customization and stuff?  I am pretty good with HTML but have NO programming experience so wasn't even going to attempt to change my website without expert help.

PS, anyone here use CRELoaded?
Quote:Does this mean I'm a bad seller if I am purchasing services for my website?  Like, customization and stuff?

We bought the templates for our ZenCarts.

I'd define a good seller as someone who provides good customer service, bla, bla, bla, and turns a profit.

A bad seller is someone who misrepresents their items (i.e. selling a photo of a laptop instead of the laptop), provides bad customer service, loses money, etc.

Quote:PS, anyone here use CRELoaded?

I've installed it, added mods, and played with the demo.  Does that count??  ;D

Zen/CRE/osCMax/osCommerce are very similar so if you ask a question the odds are someone here will be able to answer it.
So what I need help with is shipping.  I'd like to offer flat rate shipping of $5 per item, with $1.50 per additional item.  BUT, international customers I want to offer their flat rate at $9 per item with $2.50 per additional item.  I can't seem to find a way to do that. Sad

So, with you website sellers, are you in the US only?
On our newest site we use Zones shipping to offer flat rate shipping to the US and International (US is $5.95 for orders under $100, free over $100.  International is $10.75 under $50, $12.50 under $75, $15 under $1000).  Our flat rate shipping is based on order value though not items.

The standard CRE mods won't allow you to offer "flat rate shipping of $5 per item, with $1.50 per additional item".  There are mods for osC that will do it but I don't know if they work with CRE.
But I could set up a zones/matrix based on weight, but it wouldn't actually be based on weight, based on the number I put in as weight.  Kind of like the workaround they use on eCrater??
That might work.
I can't get into my site right now because Kirk is doing his thang and I don't want to mess it up, but can I count on y'all for some help in figuring out the zones?
Quote:an I count on y'all for some help in figuring out the zones?

yep.
Ok I'm at it again. Need some help. I have set up a subdomain www.justbooks.randa-avenue.com (probably change it to www.justbooks.randasresale.com but I don't want to screw anything up over there lol) and I want to use ZenCart.  I don't have an FTP thingie, I upload everything by hand in file manager.  Pretty much because I'm 'fraid to do the FTP, although I'm willing to learn. So anyway I was going to use either a pp cart or ZenCart because I want to learn more than just CRE Loaded. I can't seem to figure out where to get a PP cart and if it would be easy to customize anyway.  So, can ya help me figure out what to do next?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7