TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Selling 101: Q&A for Serious Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote author=O~Romeo~U~Suck link=topic=7416.msg44430#msg44430 date=1172020146]
Here, do me a favor River Rat...just send me some of your brain cells, k? Are you kidding me, not an expert? Umm...yeah, I've seen your web site woman! This coming May will be a year for me in selling online. The first time I did HTML on an ebay listing, I was so frustrated I had a friend go in there and fix the messes I made. And that was just fonts. *L*
I've been looking at TT's web site info. That's who I want to go with. (Thanks Chiquita!) Looks like I'd be a fool not to. But first I have to find a wholesaler for what I want to sell. I already sell from 2 different companies, but neither are at wholesale prices.
So when I do a web site with TT, I still have to get a shopping cart seperate, right? And if so, is it hard to install?
Thanks!
[/quote]

Take my word for it ORUS, you don't want my brain cells!!   :blinkie:
Most of them got burnt out at a Jethro Tull concert back in '76...or was it '77  Tard   Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

I had a friend who would email me the html code.  Now I'm trying to help her set up a Zen Cart and she cusses me everyday for talking her into getting one.    Violent1

I think when you get hosting with TT, they will install a cart for you.  Then you get the fun part of customizing it.  Smile

*Hmmm...wondering if we were at the same concert* *lol*
I am an impatient person, but I can't move forward until I find a wholesaler. *UGH*! I want to find one...NOW! *lol* This is when I wish I were a talented person to make my own things. But I'm not. The few arts & crafts things I've tried...well...let's just say a 5 year old has done better. We made things together, so I know this for a fact. Hers came out wayyy better than mine! *lmao*
Ok...back to looking up wholesalers.... Smileyyellowbang
Quote:Then you get the fun part of customizing it.

Customizing is easier if you can find a template you like.  Laughing7  We cheated with our last Zen upgrade and bought templates for all 4 sites and then made some minor tweaks to them (there are also many free templates available for Zen Cart and osCommerce).
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7416.msg44458#msg44458 date=1172025332]

Customizing is easier if you can find a template you like.  Laughing7  We cheated with our last Zen upgrade and bought templates for all 4 sites and then made some minor tweaks to them (there are also many free templates available for Zen Cart and osCommerce).
[/quote]

I did the same thing with one of the free templates.  Happy001
I looked for one that had the general layout I wanted and had the bettercategoriesEZ mod.
The is the one I started with:  End of Summer
The main things I tweaked were the colors, the width and changed out those logos for my own.  Toothy9
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7416.msg44458#msg44458 date=1172025332]

[/quote]

Easy my foot. It has taken me two days just to change the logo, mess with some colors, and now I have two photos with the same name and one will not delete in the template image folder. :blinkie:
Part of the template background is now blue.  Crybaby2

It also doesn't help that I have had 3 hours sleep.
Actually Zen Cart is quite a learning curve for me due to lack of knowledge with CSS. I am getting intimately familiar with my file manager. I am spending more time with the file manager than my family. I really do like zen cart though.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Good news the blue background is now purple, just like it should be. Thank You TT for being such a great hosting company. BBH thanks again so much for the install, and your support.
Angel1
[quote author=chiquita link=topic=7416.msg44462#msg44462 date=1172027225]

[/quote]

Easy my foot. It has taken me two days just to change the logo, mess with some colors, and now I have two photos with the same name and one will not delete in the template image folder. :blinkie:
Part of the template background is now blue.  Crybaby2

It also doesn't help that I have had 3 hours sleep.
Actually Zen Cart is quite a learning curve for me due to lack of knowledge with CSS. I am getting intimately familiar with my file manager. I am spending more time with the file manager than my family. I really do like zen cart though.

[/quote]

Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

Dear Chiquita, please note I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing with you!
I remember having days like that.  I still do sometimes!  :blinkie:
File Manager and I have a love/hate relationship.  Toothy9
[quote author=RiverRat link=topic=7416.msg44473#msg44473 date=1172031054]

File Manager and I have a love/hate relationship.  Toothy9
[/quote]

I am so glad you are laughing with me.  :blinkie: Toothy9
The zen cart staff need to dummy down their instructions. Sheesh, those confused me more on some things for sure.
River we could write a guide, we would make millions.
[quote author=chiquita link=topic=7416.msg44588#msg44588 date=1172097298]
[quote author=RiverRat link=topic=7416.msg44473#msg44473 date=1172031054]

File Manager and I have a love/hate relationship.   Toothy9
[/quote]

I am so glad you are laughing with me.  :blinkie: Toothy9
The zen cart staff need to dummy down their instructions. Sheesh, those confused me more on some things for sure.
River we could write a guide, we would make millions.
[/quote]

Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

Okay.  I have to show off to people who know what they're looking at. 
In other words...nobody around here was suitably impressed, so I want you guys to look at what I did today.  Happy001

My New Photo Gallery  Toothy1
Make sure you click on the pictures.

I know it's just a very basic script that I found HERE and it was easy to do, but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!  Sunny
WOW, did I say WOW.
Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy

River that is incredible, OK now give it up, where is this script you speak of.
Toothy9
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7