TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Safe Payment Policy: eBay Bans Many 3rd Party Non PayPal Payment Processors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A post from the thread Anita linked to from stuff-4-me

Quote:I think this is a pre-emptive move to stop Google Wallet from gaining a foothold. But... Google has the money to fight eBay. The question is, does Google have the will? Didn't I read that eBay is the largest user of Google AdWords?

How many of us are still around who remember the BillPoint/PayPal wars - eBay was truly nasty regarding PayPal. Some unbelievable rules obviously designed to discriminate against PayPal users. Then they bought PayPal and folded the much vaunted BillPoint. Before they bought PayPal it wasn't safe or desirable (according to eBay) now, it is the ONLY safe and desirable way.

[quote author=amy link=topic=829.msg3522#msg3522 date=1129850155]
A post from the thread Anita linked to from stuff-4-me

Quote:I think this is a pre-emptive move to stop Google Wallet from gaining a foothold. But... Google has the money to fight eBay. The question is, does Google have the will? Didn't I read that eBay is the largest user of Google AdWords?

How many of us are still around who remember the BillPoint/PayPal wars - eBay was truly nasty regarding PayPal. Some unbelievable rules obviously designed to discriminate against PayPal users. Then they bought PayPal and folded the much vaunted BillPoint. Before they bought PayPal it wasn't safe or desirable (according to eBay) now, it is the ONLY safe and desirable way.
[/quote]

Yes to they want to prevent Google Wallet and yes to  Billpoint was the worst.
And YES.. This is ANTI TRUST.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=829.msg3536#msg3536 date=1129861400]
And YES.. This is ANTI TRUST.
[/quote]

It wouldn't be the first time that an antitrust suit was filed against the dynamic duo of eBay and PayPal.

eBay (the largest marketplace of adult products on the Internet) settled an antitrust suit out of court 2 years ago that had been initiated by Rick's Cabaret (the 2nd largest adult products seller) that alleged eBay/PayPal were using anti-competitive practices to create a monopoly in the online adult video market (eBay's marketshare for online adult videos sales was over 70% at that time).

The settlement in that case is the reason PayPal can no longer be used to buy adult products on eBay--before the suit was filed PayPal allowed eBay buyers to pay for adult products with PayPal but had banned the use of PayPal for off ebay adult purchases

Quote:Billpoint was the worst

Don't even mention that word.  Puke Happy001
I think ebay has a “special deal” with the Gov.
It is about the accountability of the TAXES the Gov. wants to tap into that gives ebay cart blanch. Me thinks.

feebay WAS lobbying against it for some time now you know.
But well... You can't fight City Hall, so you may as well join them with "special" consideration.
eBay Workshop:

Quote:New Safe Payments Policy
This workshop will be held on Friday, October 28th, from 14:00 PDT to 15:00 PDT. Completing a transaction with a safe, convenient payment method is an important part of trading on eBay. Buyers have a wide variety of choices about how to pay eBay sellers, and while most of the payment methods offered by eBay sellers offer a high degree of safety and convenience, a few simply are not appropriate for the eBay marketplace. Based on safety concerns and input from the Community, we established a Safe Payments Policy that clarifies eBay's position on payment methods. Join Rob Chesnut, Senior Vice President of Global Trust and Safety, Matt Halprin, Vice President of Global Marketplace Policy Management, and Sarah Brubacher, Senior Manager of eBay Marketplace Policy, to learn more about this policy change, how it will have a positive impact on the eBay marketplace, and to get answers to your questions about the policy.
Like I said: ANTI TRUST
I hope some of you smarter folks that are realllllly good with your words show up for that little party!

I'll bring the pop corn.
Quote:Anita:
I hope some of you smarter folks that are realllllly good with your words show up for that little party!

I'll bring the pop corn.

They prescreen all the questions.
And you can't take hand guns or explosive devices in the room either.

Bummer Sign18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5