TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Safe Payment Policy: eBay Bans Many 3rd Party Non PayPal Payment Processors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[quote author=amy link=topic=829.msg3602#msg3602 date=1129947638]
Quote:Anita:
I hope some of you smarter folks that are realllllly good with your words show up for that little party!

I'll bring the pop corn.

They prescreen all the questions.
[/quote]

Are you SERIOUS?
[quote author=Anita link=topic=829.msg3629#msg3629 date=1130006051]
[quote author=amy link=topic=829.msg3602#msg3602 date=1129947638]
Quote:Anita:
I hope some of you smarter folks that are realllllly good with your words show up for that little party!

I'll bring the pop corn.

They prescreen all the questions.
[/quote]

Are you SERIOUS?
[/quote]

She might have been thinking of the Town Hall meetings where only pre-screened approved questions are allowed to be asked.

The way the workshops usually work (if the workshop is on a topic where there has been any "rabble rousing" debate on the eBay boards): 
A. 10-minutes before the start of the workshop an eBay pink posts a message telling people what questions they aren't allowed to ask
B. During the workshop, anyone who asks the forbidden questions gets a pink slap and has their post deleted.

...so basically, the questions that can be asked are decided beforehand by eBay  and only questions that are in agreement with eBay policy/love the latest enhancement are allowed.

Just to add to my last post  Tongue , I'm sure the whole point of having a Workshop rather than a Brown Bag Lunch type event is so eBay can sell people on the idea of using PayPal for all transactions.
Yep
ebay should call it: ebay's Sellers Sweatshop / Workshop.
Happy001

And only the  Bootyshake kissers can post and play.
Quote:ebay's Sellers Sweatshop

The average hourly wage might be about the same for many people.  :blinkie: When you add up the hours spent listing, taking photos, shipping, etc. in many cases the "hourly rate" is very low.  FYI- As a general rule, in order to avoid crying,  I avoid trying to figure out how much I'm making an hour by selling online  Laughing7
I avoid trying to figure out how much I'm making an hour by selling online  too.  Laughing7

I have cried in my beer a few times.  :blinkie:
Quote:Sorry, but I can't imagine eBay paying big bucks for smart or otherwise attorneys.  I think eBay probably goes to the library and uses those do it yourself forms.

Not even that good, they probably scrawl their brilliant ideas on the back of the eBay logo toilet paper they use when they take a dump.  Happy001
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=829.msg3842#msg3842 date=1130448664]
Quote:Sorry, but I can't imagine eBay paying big bucks for smart or otherwise attorneys.  I think eBay probably goes to the library and uses those do it yourself forms.

Not even that good, they probably scrawl their brilliant ideas on the back of the eBay logo toilet paper they use when they take a dump.   Happy001
[/quote]

Ha ha ha!
It seems a lot of those folks who were forced to “Sign Up” for a buyer PP account just to pay for an ebay item
(When using ebays EOA e mail they received)… may  now be close to or at their $2000.00 peak spending limit and WILL NOT give up more info (to verify who they are after spending 2000.00???) just to use PP to pay for ebay items won in the future.

It seems to me that a BIG bubble my be about to occur. What will ppbay do then?

I know that on MANY occasions buyers of mine from ebay ARE NOT verified PP users and I even show those
(who don’t already know), how to avoid paying for the ebay item with PP without being verified.

It seems that MANY don’t want to tie a bank account to PP for what ever reason.

A very interesting and right on target post by dimesy1.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000115834&tstart=0&mod=1130509433161

I’m posting it here because we know what can happen “Over there” to post that may shed some light.

dimesy1 Oct-27-05 18:43 PDT 24 of 3:
========
I don't understand why there is so much animosity expressed against people who refuse to hand over their bank account numbers to paypal.

These are buyers, people. Potential customers. Maybe your potential customers.

But because of an anti-consumer paypal policy, they'll be skipping right over your paypal auctions looking for sellers with merchant accounts.

Every new customer of any ecommerce company should be ID verified before being allowed to use the service as a buyer or a seller. eBay and paypal could authenticate the identity of every new member during the sign-up process, without asking for a bank account number. Can you imagine the amount of eBay fraud that would prevent?

Alas. eBay is infamous for bending over backwards to avoid doing anything that might actually make it in any way responsible for the transactions that made it rich. It doesn't verify members at all, because it cough prefers its own proprietary anti-fraud system (a toolbar, user feedback, and My Messages).

Paypal uses the day late and dollar short method, and waits until someone has accrued $2000 in credit card transactions before "verifying" their identity. To paypal, "verification" consists of supplying a bank account number, which as noted above, is promptly installed as a default payment method.

The single most absurd thing about this entire absurd situation? eBay has been a customer of verisign for years, and has had access to its consumer authentication system since 2002. http://xml.coverpages.org/VerisignCAS.html

Maybe someday it will actually use it.

=========

I find this VERY interesting and very revealing at the same time.

I have posed this question a million times:

Why does ebay and PayPal NOT "verify" it's users at sign up?

And this one:

Why does ebay allow one person to have and use multiple ID's?

I [Image: clappinghands.gif]

The statement made by that poster.

Edited to say "how to pay for the ebay item with PP, without being verified" Sorry.  :-(
Quote:I have posed this question a million times:

Why does ebay and PayPal NOT "verify" it's users at sign up?

And this one:

Why does ebay allow one person to have and use multiple ID's?

CLICK HERE  ...part of that was built on the membership growth eBay reports.  Growing the value of Meg's option package will always win out over decreasing fraud.

Smileyitit

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5