TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay: Actively Destroying Small US Businesses. Is Using Them Worth the Risk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You know, I'm in business to make money.

One would think eBay would have the same goal.

I'd run screaming in the other direction from moves that would cause ill will AND cost me money.       
Just as free is not a business model, neither is turning away folks, long time customers, who want to give you money. 

Quote:Just as free is not a business model, neither is turning away folks, long time customers, who want to give you money.

turning away and alienating customers  :Smile 

This quote from Rosalind (the Auction Guild) does a fairly good job of summing up eBay's current attitude towards its smaller sellers:

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...142.0.html

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2144.msg7564#msg7564 date=1137098682]
Andy, post 58 Wrote:I just called stores support and she told me she contacted T&S and they told her they could restore my listings. But they're not going to do it, because "they didn't do anything wrong". They only restore listings if they've made an error. Apparently wiping out someones entire inventory and destroying their business does not qualify to them as "making a mistake"...
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000068789&start=40
[/quote]

:blinkie:
Quote:ebaY's interest in the US market is
strictly on how they can market the US buyers to the sellers in other countries, so
those other countries can sell to the US.

I got that in one of my e mails this morning and never brought it up.
She is so on target. As Usual
After destroying the seller's business, eBay sent the seller an email sayimg it was sorry for the inconvenience it had caused  :Smile

Quote:I am sorry, but when items are ended in this way they are often removed
from the site. I understand that this is a huge frustration for you.
However, I am not able to bring them up through searches. They have all
been completely removed.

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and apologize for
the inconvenience it caused you.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000190175&tstart=0
To anyone who has a blog:

Please put a link to the thread below in your blog with the title 'eBay Stores'.  If you have friends or family members encourage them to do the same.  Let's push the link below up to the top search result people get when they search for eBay Stores. Smile

eBay Stores

example link (remove the spaces after the = sign and the last /).  Be sure to only link the exact words eBay Stores
Google bombing  n. : Setting up a large number of web pages or blogs with links that point to a specific web site page so that the page will appear near the top of a Google search when users enter the link text.  Smile

An example of a current google bomb is the word 'liar'.  The top Google search result is the biography page of UK Prime Minister Tony Blair at 10 Downing Street (the UK's equivalent of the White House).

BangHead BangHead BangHead
What kills me about this entire situation is that it isn't that eBay doesn't have his listings available, they just flat won't give them back to him!

What kind of frickin' customer service is that?

It's just stupid, which just makes it extra frustrating.

eBay acting like the LSOSB we know IT is to MAKE money is almost understable in an amoral sort of way. 

But it's acting like the LSOSB we know IT is to LOSE money.

If they don't think Andy is good for his bill in the future, they shouldn't have reinstated him.  But they did . . . so they must. 

Since they did reinstate him, why not make it EASY to relist his 800 items, racking up $24 in listing fees, instead of trying to punish him by making him recreate all his ads?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6