TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay: Actively Destroying Small US Businesses. Is Using Them Worth the Risk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If so many (NOT everyone) weren't looking for a "get rich quick" scheme, eBay would have went under a looong time ago.  It is that mentality that keeps 'em going.
Quote:In times like these, where many of us are holding on by fragile threads of financial security, those responsible at eBay Corporate deserve their fair share of the blame, and yes, restitution for the thousands of sellers who have lost everything. Justice will Prevail and I have no doubt of this. In time eBay will Curse the Day, that they Didn't Aspire to Great Customer Service, where Their Own Sellers are concerned.
The inanimate corporation may founder or meet its demise, but the CEO's responsible will walk away with their multi-millions, unscathed. Ebay's sellers and investors will be the horrific losers.  Therein lies the rub.  BangHead

Nice to hear from you, Sundance...
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2144.msg7900#msg7900 date=1137603127]
If so many (NOT everyone) weren't looking for a "get rich quick" scheme, eBay would have went under a looong time ago.  It is that mentality that keeps 'em going.

[/quote]

IMO, that's the biggest problem (from all sorts of points of view) with eBay's current model.  Unlike Amazon, where they don't make money unless the sellers make money, eBay can thrive as long as they continue to groom a ready stock of newbies to come in and open a store and rack up a whole bunch of listing, store and upgrade fees. 

And where do these people get this idea?  I don't watch TV - are there really late night infomercials saying that you can get out of debt fast/quit your day job/retire early if you just open an eBay store? 
Hi Sundance. I've thought about you so many times these past months and wondered how you were doing. Good to see you posting again.
Hi Sundance!  Wave
I don't watch TV - are there really late night infomercials saying that you can get out of debt fast/quit your day job/retire early if you just open an eBay store?

Yes, there are infomercials and a bazillion books available.  Not to mention all the posting IDs that sell $30,000 a month.  ;D
Also, think about how many posts you see on the Stores Board asking ... "I would like to open a store, but I don't know what to sell."  Huh?
Yea like anybody in their right mind is going to tell them what to sell
so they have one more cut throat competitor to deal with.

Laughing7
It is putting the cart before the horse. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2144.msg8000#msg8000 date=1137700057]
I don't watch TV - are there really late night infomercials saying that you can get out of debt fast/quit your day job/retire early if you just open an eBay store?

Also, think about how many posts you see on the Stores Board asking ... "I would like to open a store, but I don't know what to sell."  Huh?
[/quote]

I know.  I see these questions all the time.    It is very hard for me to not say "What's wrong with you?"
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2144.msg8054#msg8054 date=1137768218]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2144.msg8000#msg8000 date=1137700057]

[/quote]

I know.  I see these questions all the time.    It is very hard for me to not say "What's wrong with you?"
[/quote]

How much will my sales increase if I open a Featured Store?  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6