TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Express Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
From an outsider's viewpoint it was OK until I hit the item details page. If I hadn't read about the site here, I would have assumed that the payment infornation on the details page applied to that item.
;D
I don't think I'm the only web shopper who likes uniformity from page-to-page within an online store.

You aren't the only one that likes uniformity.  However, I thought it had to do with my age.  I get used to something and don't care for change. 

This is the first item I looked at... LOVE the .com watermark.  lol
http://item.express.ebay.com/Computers-N...xpressItem
It is soooooo eBay!!

"We were unable to run the search you entered. Please try again in a few minutes."
Then of course there is the shopping cart that you can add items too and not check out right away, and then later check out to see that item has sold and is no longer available.  Well that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
Almost every item I have looked at shows a live BidPay link for payment.  My guess is that sellers who do not participate in or lurk on any ebay boards are completely clueless and out of touch with what should and shouldn't be.

And I agree 100% with the varied template shlock.  I guess ebay ptb's wanted instant millions of listings, so they opted to include the seller's current ones.  Such a laughable mess!  Big Grin
I am getting search errors too!  I don't necessarily like the way it looks.  My items are not there because I still don't "qualify"!

Damn cookies!  I didn't sign in but my name shows in the shopping cart page. 
Quote:And I agree 100% with the varied template shlock.

Ditto since eBay said it is trying to reach buyers who normally don't shop eBay.  The templates make it seem more like eBay regurgitated than a "retail shopping experience", and 99% of new buyers are going to be confused when they read sellers' .com TOS in listings on Express--any guesses on what the abandoned shopping cart rate will be?

Quote:No mention of stores anywhere

The Half-ization of Stores has begun.  Laughing7  At one time there was a link on the feedback page on the .com site to a seller's listings on Half--eBay took that away.  It'll be interesting to see if stores get the Half treatment if Express does well.

Quote:I have sold over 100 books on Amazon and have one feedback left.

That's above average for Amazon.  Laughing7 I predict the percentage of buyers who give Feedback on Express will be similar to Overstock which has a large number of new buyers who are unfamiliar with feedback systems--under 20%.  IF (big if) Express does attract regular web shoppers I think they'll be as harsh when giving feedback as Amazon and Overstock buyers are--neutrals that say,  "good item, fast delivery".

Quote:t is soooooo eBay!!

"We were unable to run the search you entered. Please try again in a few minutes."

Eureka!  You are a master detective..  You've discovered the sole important factor that makes Express an improvement over eBay!  That message is MUCH more helpful for the buyer than "Page not responding"
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=3470.msg12867#msg12867 date=1145729970]
Quote:t is soooooo eBay!!

Eureka!  You are a master detective..  You've discovered the sole important factor that makes Express an improvement over eBay!  That message is MUCH more helpful for the buyer than "Page not responding"

[/quote]

Happy001
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10