TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Express Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote author=amy link=topic=3470.msg12974#msg12974 date=1145924760]
Express even has the classic 1 cent buy it now recipe listings.  Always a crowd pleaser with people looking to buy some feedback.  Smile

http://search.express.ebay.com/merchant/jungledsales
[/quote]

I haven't seen that many penny recipe/feedback auctions in one place since BidBay was in its prime  :Smile

Quote:I haven't seen that many penny recipe/feedback auctions in one place since BidBay was in its prime  :Smile

That is a new one to me ---
Can you really buy 1 cent no shipping recipes and run up your feedback without "consequences"??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Then again, I am not so sorry I missed the EE opening. They likely are going to come out soon with a bunch of new requirements to make the listings uniform and not-so-confusing, this way I don't have to revise two times and I can see what I am getting into.

If express users dump a lot of negs on people then the stink will be very high and likely will get attention (only a sip --- I have had only one sip).

They really do have an incentive to fix this and I think, if they are listening (OK three sips, but they were small ones) that the problems are easily seen on the boards over there.

Anyway the publicity does not start until August, doubt much will happen sales wise until then.

My two issues that are not getting much attention yet:
"Most relevant searches" seems to mean the biggest sellers anywhere nearby, even if the keyword searched is not even in the title or listing.

"Click to Buy" needs to be on the bottom of the page, not just on the top.

The good news is that only about 10% of my competetion from stores is in EE.
Press:

Quote:eBay Express, announced in January, is now online in a preliminary format. During this preview period, which will last several weeks, eBay will gather feedback from buyers and sellers and make adjustments, eBay says.

With eBay Express, the company wants to cater to buyers who aren't big fans of eBay's marketplace, where shopping can be riskier, more complicated, and more time-consuming than on a regular online store such as Amazon.com.

If the site meets expectations, it will reward eBay's biggest and best merchants, which increasingly have competing selling platforms at their disposal and which have clashed with eBay over fee increases....

full article: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125526,00.asp

Quote:The new store will feature a subset of items from merchants who already hawk new products at fixed prices on eBay. But unlike the regular eBay setup, purchased items from multiple sellers on eBay Express can all be placed into a single shopping cart, mirroring the checkout systems used by more conventional Internet shopping sites.

"We wanted to build a shopping experience toward convenience-oriented buyers who wanted to buy new items and make the purchases really quickly," said Jamie Iannone, eBay's senior director of product marketing....

full article: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryne...418245.htm

Quote:Amazon has far more analytical features for consumers shopping for the best trade off between price and performance, plus it has user reviews. Visitors to eBay Express can search based on price or for items that best match the search terms.

Deutsche Bank analyst Jeetil Patel, in a note to investors, called eBay Express a "step in the right direction" by broadening eBay's appeal in the market for "new goods" versus its historic focus on "used" or close-out sales inventory.

But he said the need for eBay to pay search providers such as Google Inc., Yahoo Inc. or Microsoft Corp. to promote the service could put pressure on eBay's ability to expand the service cost-effectively.

full article: http://www.informationweek.com/news/show...=186700569&subSection=All+Stories
[quote author=amy link=topic=3470.msg12974#msg12974 date=1145924760]
Express even has the classic 1 cent buy it now recipe listings.  Always a crowd pleaser with people looking to buy some feedback.  Smile

http://search.express.ebay.com/merchant/jungledsales
[/quote]

I don't get it.  The seller has over 400 fb and 100% positive.  Why does she want to buy more?

Quote:I don't get it.   The seller has over 400 fb and 100% positive.   Why does she want to buy more?

Ebay is filled with feedback pimps 'n hoes.
Quote:Ebay is filled with feedback pimps 'n hoes.

and bid shilling rings, unverified BIN bandits, single users with hundreds of IDs to
work all the rampant fraud, bid shilling rings and self bid ups and promotion
on both sides of the sale.

etc etc etc...

I'm starting to wonder if SOME of the staunchest ebay
supporters are some of these frauds.

You know the ones who say that ID verification or limiting one person
to say only having one buying ID and one selling ID would hurt ebay?

Could it be it would hurt their criminal activities if ebay cleaned it all up?
Quote:unverified BIN bandits

Express will full of those.  And, of course, will be negging sellers right and left to kick them off express.  Talk about cutthroat competitor nastiness!!
Bill Cobb said it'll be safe and I believe him. Smileykoolaid
Posters are already slugging it out on the New EE boards.

Wait till things really get going and all the cutthroat competitor nastiness
really gets fired up.

Wait till LieWorld has an overload of pizzed PP customers who got scammed
with non confirmed addresses.

It's relatively calm now but me thinks soon the whole sea will once again swell up and swallow another 3 4 or 8 million unhappy ebayers and PP heads on both sides of the fence.
I didn't notice any complaints on the EE board  Smileykoolaid Everyone is very happy.  Smileykoolaid

Get Your Fabulous FAKES Fast & Non-Antiques on eBay Express!
NONE of my store items are in Ebay Express!
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON......AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Express is part of the big plan to make sellers anonymous
ANOTHER EBAY BLUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
make up your mind
My Items say No longer Available??????
Try A Little Marketing, Next Time
eBAY EXPRESS CUSTOMER SERICE WAIT TIME 1/2 HR IS NUTS!!
eBay eXess ALREADY CHARGING FEES
Easier for buyers??? Crap What a mess...

and last but not least:

Ebay Express Stinks!!  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10