TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Express Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quote:New way to shop?

For existing ebay users it is a 'new way to shop'. It is 'exciting' for eBay employees and also for eBay sellers who haven't stopped to think about how Express is going to get traffic--i.e. if it is initially targeted to existing eBay users it will mean fewer not more visits to eBay Stores as buyers head to Express instead of Stores to buy.

eBay will be promoting Express heavily at eBay Live to existing eBay users--or should I say to the miniscule 10,000 out of 75 million active eBay users who attend the pep rally.  They're supposed to start mass market advertising in August but I don't think the average Amazon or Wal-Mart.com buyer will find anything innovative ('new') or 'exciting' when they visit Express.
I'm not impressed.  :Smile
Quote:Think Les Nessman from WKRP...  They probably say it in a nice booming voice when typing cutting and pasting their drivel, to make themselves feel big  laughing7

Come to think of it, he probably does work at eBay.  They sure do like dropping turkeys like Express out of the sky, don't they...
Quote:think about how Express is going to get traffic

EBAY IS EYEBALLBAY!!! All they have to do is put a link to Express on the front page of .com and Express will instantly have millions of buyers...it worked with their other fixed-price venue Half didn't it?

OK, maybe it doesn't work at all with Half.  We have the same SKU's (didn't my use of that abbreviation make me sound professional?  Smile ) on Half and in our eBay Store.  The eBay Store items are priced 5% HIGHER than the same items on Half.  It has been MONTHS since we had a sale on Half.

The link to eBay Stores on the .com site's main page has never exactly translated into millions of eyeballs for eBay Store owners either...in fact after 5 years the average eBay buyer still seems to be oblivious to the fact that eBay has stores...

OohKaay, since a link won't bring traffic, eBay could always do what Overstock has done in the past to get eyeballs to its auctions and automatically redirect a certain percentage of traffic from the .com site's main page to Express, but I doubt if they'll do that either.
My widgets are priced the SAME on eBay as on half and my eBay sales still outpace my half sales about 20:1.
Quote:FYI this Express listing is the first thing I clicked on...it has scrolling test moving every direction possible...grrr http://item.express.ebay.com/Collectible...xpressItem .  The typical non-eBay shopper would take one look at all of the text moving back and forth and head for...Amazon.

No, this shopper is skipping Amazon and going straight to the eye doctor.  Next time put a warning label on your links.  ;D
Wal-Mart.com has nothing to fear.
Amazon has nothing to fear.
I have nothing to fear.
The kid on the corner's lemonade stand has nothing to fear.

Click, click, click, click

Happy001
disappointing
AuctionByteMe article:

Quote:There is a bit of "cognitive dissonance" on eBay Express. While navigation feels like a fixed-price ecommerce marketplace, such as Amazon.com, the actual item descriptions remind you that you are on an eBay site. There is no consistent formatting or Terms of Sale. And since eBay Express pulls from eBay.com listings, you will see messages that might be somewhat confusing, including notes that the seller accepts money orders and other payments that are not accepted on eBay Express. (Shoppers on eBay Express must use either a credit card or PayPal.)
Quote:eBay is hoping to make its pie bigger: rather than move eBay.com shoppers to eBay Express, it is hoping it will attract new buyers who want to purchase new items right away in a fraud-free environment. But on eBay Express, shoppers are still buying from individual sellers, not eBay itself. With Amazon's reputation for excellent customer service and ironclad consumer protection, it's uncertain whether shoppers will want to take a risk on eBay Express unless prices are significantly cheaper and the customer service experience is an improvement over that on eBay.com.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m04/i24/s01
There are just too many ebays these days. It's like navigating through a minefield for both buyers and sellers. What a friggin mess!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10