TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Express Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The "official"  eBay Express thread is on the Seller Central board not the Stores board

Quote:cmc@ebay.com View Listings  | Report  Apr-22-06 11:36 PDT  130 of 130
Hi everyone,

This is Chung Meng Cheong, from the eBay Express business team. I see you've discovered the preview Smile Lots of great discussion and questions.

The team has been busy rolling out the site, but we like to spend some time later today answering your questions.

I will be at the Preview feedback thread in Seller Central at 3pm PST today, for at least an hour. Hope to see some of you there.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000267737&tstart=0&mod=1145729409778

thanks,
Chung
Here is another thing about it.

They want you to Register?

Quote:By clicking "Register" you agree to eBay Express's privacy policy and terms of use. You also agree to be contacted for marketing purposes, but you can change your notification preferences in your account.

WTF. I thought they were trying to make it easier for buyers.

These morons.
When will they realize people don't WANT TO Register just to buy
something on the net? After all I thought that was the whole idea.
To make it easy for non ebayers to buy. 

Seems to me another way for them to boost registration numbers
and sell information to third parties.

I'm so glad I have a website where people can just buy away and not play little games.
Google Wrote:Quality Guidelines - Specific recommendations:

* Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
    * Don't employ cloaking or sneaky redirects.
    * Don't send automated queries to Google.
    * Don't load pages with irrelevant words.
    * Don't create pages that install viruses, trojans, or other badware.
    * Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
    * Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.

Is Google going to blacklist eBay from its search index for violating its duplicate content policy?  Happy001
Quote:Is Google going to blacklist eBay from its search index for violating its duplicate content policy?  happy001

Well, isn't that kind of what happened already, when the .com stores disappeared from the face of Google for a while?
Quote:when the .com stores disappeared from the face of Google for a while?

I only remember when they disappeared from the face of Ebay.
My stuff still isn't showing up.

I'd opt out, but there hardly seems a point.
Quote:I only remember when they disappeared from the face of Ebay.

Well, it's not good to link to blacklisted material on your site you know  Laughing7
Quote:Is Google going to blacklist eBay from its search index for violating its duplicate content policy?

They should.  One of the main reasons eBay is doing it (opening Express) is to SPAM increase its visibility in the search engines.  If I put 2 stores with duplicate content on the same domain I'm sure i'd be banned. Smile

--------

Why do they all say "This is Boinkface" instead of "I'm Boinkface"???  Tongue

Quote:anash@ebay.com View Listings  | Report   Apr-22-06 15:00 PDT  137 of 261
Hi everyone,

This is Adam Nash & Chung Meng Cheong from the eBay Express team. We're here today for an hour to help answer any questions you might have about eBay Express.

We'll be here for about an hour today (until 4pm PST).

So let's get started! Please feel free to post questions here to the board. We'll answer as many of them as possible.
Quote:anash@ebay.com View Listings  | Report   Apr-22-06 15:03 PDT  146 of 261
Re: Post #133

Hi xxxx,

We began rolling out the eBay Express Preview yesterday to the entire community. Depending on your internet service provider, you may or may not be able to see the site over the weekend.

Please feel free to forward to family & friends!
Quote:cmc@ebay.com View Listings  | Report   Apr-22-06 15:11 PDT  157 of 261
Re: post #115

Hi xxx,

Oh, good point. I was posting in a few other places to tell them about this thread and forgot to take it out of this one.

I'm kinda cute though, even for a guy Smile

I learned a lot from those first 3 pink responses!  :Smile

Both Pinks seemed to be repeating the same canned crap they said in January...especially when any question came up about PayPal's SPP     Sleepy1

Quote:Why do they all say "This is Boinkface" instead of "I'm Boinkface"

Think Les Nessman from WKRP...  They probably say it in a nice booming voice when typing cutting and pasting their drivel, to make themselves feel big  Laughing7
Quote:An exciting new way to shop.
Get it brand new.
Drop it in your cart.
One quick checkout.

Exciting? New way to shop? Hardly a new way or exciting.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10