TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anyone know a good and cheap hit man?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:Your listing(s) contains the following information:

CHECK OUT OUR ROCK BOTTOM PRICES AT OUR WEBSITESITE
imbedded in image of wine rack: http://tlcwoodworks.com/tav2.jpg

ebay's mcdonalds reject employees need to lay off the crack pipe when they're on the job.  there is no listing violation.
I wonder if he is also harrassing your other competitors, or if you are the only one he feels threatened by. He apparently doesn't feel that he can compete with you so he is trying to put you out of business.

I wish i could offer something helpful.
[quote author=amy link=topic=411.msg2197#msg2197 date=1128008734]
ebay's mcdonalds reject employees need to lay off the crack pipe when they're on the job.  there is no listing violation.
[/quote]

I have a friend who used to work at eBay (notice the word "used to" - he quit because he got tired of being treated like garbage by eBay), anyway, he said that in most cases they will pull auctions immediately when there it a complaint and then either investigate it afterwards or they might pull it and not investigate it unless someone complains.  Basically pull now ask questions later....maybe.

Maybe it's time to start scrutinizing that seller's auctions and start reporting him for anything slightly suspicious, give them a taste of their own medicine.
Quote:he quit because he got tired of being treated like garbage by eBay),

From all accounts they treat their average employee worse than their (seller) customers.  Some revealing leaked eBay internal memos here: http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/index...earch=ebay&x=17&y=6

Quote:in most cases they will pull auctions immediately when there it a complaint and then either investigate it afterwards or they might pull it and not investigate it unless someone complains

eBay's system seems like an assembly line: employees are given a minute to approve/disapprove complaints before they're forced to move on to the next one

Well I know one thing for certain folks.
This is really pizzin me off on the principal of the whole thing.
But on the other hand I need to look at it as a blessing in disguise I guess.

My presents on ebay is really not much at all anymore.
My sales there are not my bread and butter, but I know that a good % of my new traffic
derives from that source.

I guess my real pizzdness (if that can be made into a word), is that I KNOW this  Smileykoolaid boy is doing this for one reason and one reason only.
To try and SNUFF OUT his competition.

Now he is copying a very popular design I’ve been selling for years.
He is KWSpaming (and now I am too I guess), he does the search manipulation thing, and he sucks Bill Cobb’s….
Well I wont go there. Rant Rant…  :Smile

In this latest round, I do really believe I have NOT violated any
polices and I plan on fighting it all the way.
If ebay does NOT respond to my e mails by this weekend, I will send
a certified letter to their legal dept.
cc Trust and Safety and a few others parties.
I will elaborate on the past injunctions / rulings and Ca. And Federal Codes that should raise an eyebrow or two. If they do not respond to that, or correct this situation.
I will file a suit and seek damages from both ebay and boinky boy.

I keep telling myself one thing.

What comes around goes around. And I’ll tell you all, I’ve seen this happen to ALL who have screwed with me and mine over my life and I never had to raise a finger or push it…  MUCH.

I have been instrumental in bringing many lawsuits in my 43 years and have yet to loose one.

I have considered a personal visit to this guy’s house but I know that I wont have to
because I know he will get his.  Violent1

Karma can be a bi!#ch ya know?

Besides that is NOT the right way to pursue this matter of blatant auction / business interference.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword. But if he keeps pushing me into a corner,
I will sharpen that pen / sword, and if ebay wants to play along with this game too.
They also will get a good poke.  Smileyfencing

"They also will get a good poke."

Just make sure you define verrrry clearly what you mean by "a good poke" or eBay may look forward to it! 
Quote:My presents on ebay is really not much at all anymore.
My sales there are not my bread and butter, but I know that a good % of my new traffic
derives from that source.

If I were you I would be listing more auctions!!! I would be soooooo pizzzzzzed off!!!!  If he has 20 current auctions I would be listing 100.  Let him complain all he wants, he'd go out of business eventually.

Angryfire
[quote author=Nat link=topic=411.msg2204#msg2204 date=1128015914]

Maybe it's time to start scrutinizing that seller's auctions and start reporting him for anything slightly suspicious, give them a taste of their own medicine.
[/quote]

That might be the only thing that will make him stop unfortunately.  The bad thing is that there are 1000s of other sellers just like him out there.
Anita
[Image: funny.gif]

You KILL ME…

Quote:If I were you I would be listing more auctions!!! I would be soooooo pizzzzzzed off!!!! If he has 20 current auctions I would be listing 100. Let him complain all he wants, he'd go out of business eventually.

Feebay would LOVE that diger7.

This idiot did just that in the last couple of weeks.
Listed sooo many items he was flooding the search with his carp and not many were buying.
He spent lots of money on items that DID NOT SELL me knowsThumbsup

ebay likes to play both sides me thinks. More revenue for them for just the above scenario / suggestion.

They want me to run more auctions too, and give feebay more $$$ in listing fees.
Otherwise they would have NARUED me by now. Laughing4

But OH NO… I’m not that stupid, because I already KNOW the “eyeballs” and more importantly, the BUYERS are NOT there like they used to be.

On the other hand. I’m just about out of there anyway so maybe I should run up a few hundred $$$ in fees and STIFF ebay and have them come to me for the $$$.  Thefinger

I may or may not e mail them back right away when they request the $$$. Or perhaps I should refer them to my FAQ’s or invite them to a Brown Bag Lunch to discuss the matter.  Tongue1

PS: They wont be able to steal it from my PayPal account either, because I don’t keep any $$$ there and REAL soon I’m dropping them too.

I’m so tired of jumping through feebay’s and PP’s  hoops anyway. But I got GOOD NEWS.
I saved a lot of money on my feebay listings that were pulled, because they credited my account for running those listings, most close to 7 days.  FREE. Jerk

They closed those auctions (wrongfully I might add), and I still managed to get many buyers on my site and paid 0 to ebay in fees.
Quote:The bad thing is that there are 1000s of other sellers just like him out there.

So true BBH. In my area there are not that many, and none have acted like this before.

I do think whoever is doing ebay's CS in these matters, either knows what hey are doing, or so clueless because they keep turning over help at ebay CS India.
I’m ready to get my settlement $$$ if they continue to allow this kind of carp.

We do have FREE TRADE laws in the US and many of ebay's policies are "skirting" the "spirit"of these laws. (To "coin" a phrase Dizzy likes to use)…

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7