TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MyWorld: eBay makes lame attempt to ripoff MySpace with new MyWorld section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
XPP, I have been to a few. They aren't all bad but the ones like Janelle's and this upcoming one where Ebay is PUSHING something all suck. Hell, I got slapped during the one they did on the stupid red stores door for saying it looked like whorehouse door.  Angel1

The few good ones are usually member suggested ones designed to actually help other members. When Ebay has no agenda, they can be good. A friend of mine did a workshop with two others. They all help out on the HTML board and the About Me board and put together a workshop on basics of a good template, etc. It was all their effort and Ebay had no reason to butt in so it was good.

Other than that type, they are all just more Ebay BS.
Back to the previous point - it used to amuse me to no end when the ads on allnurses.com would say "Biggest Selection of Nurses For Sale",  :blinkie: with an eBay url.  What idjits. Sign10

"My World is a new tool that allows members to showcase their personalities, interact with others, and display their listings, interests and more!"

Isn't that what the eBay forums are for?   ;D
Maybe they have come to their senses Anita.

I've notice a lot less LieWorld types around lately.
(Maybe some already got laid off)
Perhaps eBay has decided to finally close those boards.
Moving the peeps to blogs, My World and Reviews and other useless stuff
and hard to find stuff. (OK maybe they feel the FREE SEO from that garbage
will help EBAY)

After all the boards have become a soap box for discontent and
if I was an investor and spent any time scanning
those boards... I'd be one worried puppy about my shares.

So what can eBay do to hide the discontent?

I'm still convinced that this My World BS WILL replace the ME page
to snuff out our OFF eBay to our website links.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=5206.msg25555#msg25555 date=1159625531]

"My World is a new tool that allows members to showcase their personalities, interact with others, and display their listings, interests and more!"

Isn't that what the eBay forums are for?   ;D
[/quote]

Yes, but you missed the word NEW in there! And MORE! Aren't you paying attention?

Bob,
Tongue
Nobody on the stores board ever answered my question of how eBay can get away with calling My World "My Space-y
but BidBay, PaintBay and a ton of others can't use the word" bay" in their names.

Maybe I'll start a new thread.
thentavius anyone could put it to the legal test if they wanted to,
but I suspect the word "bay" is not that popular anymore
with would be start ups.

It would be an interesting name though and I could think of a few.

mebay  :blinkie:

What are they going to do?
Oh wait they probably already took that dot com name.  Lol

How about a subdomaine thentavius.com/mebay/
and dub it a place were peeps can sell their overstock or discontinued items or even rare
hand made one of a kind arts and crafts.

Or how about tulipbay, mybay or ttbay?

It would be fun to play with them just to see what their
legal would TRY and come up with.
Me being a poor man but good w the legal system. I would quickly replay to any threats of a law suit with big bold letters  saying BRING IT.
PS anyone with even two brain cells can see that feebay has become
nothing but a bunch of desperate copy cat thieves and I for one don't play well with thieves.  >Sad
[quote author=xppman link=topic=5206.msg25563#msg25563 date=1159633729]

How about a subdomaine thentavius.com/mebay/ [/quote]

See the articles linked to in this Smurfs  Icon_brilsmurf thread.  http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...246.0.html  ICANN's UDRP doesn't apply to subdomains/hostnames (e.g. mebay.thentavius.com) or directory names (e.g. thentavius.com/mebay) so both of these examples are legal. However, using mebay or ttbay in a domain name (e.g. ttbay.com) is another story and will probably earn you a trip to a WIPO hearing if the name is used on an ecommerce site.

xpp Wrote:What are they going to do?
Or how about tulipbay, mybay or ttbay?

It would be fun to play with them just to see what their
legal would TRY and come up with.

You can see exactly what their legal HAS come up with in 450 cases here:
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...207.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14