TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MyWorld: eBay makes lame attempt to ripoff MySpace with new MyWorld section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
eBay has a set of rules for them and a set for others. 
Stolen from the SB:
Quote:is it just me, or does "My World" sound kind of cult-ish. I've already been accused of being a member of an Ebay cult. Is this just the second step? Can the Rapture be far behind?

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
I still can't believe they've openly said they're ripping off MySpace...
Hee hee hee. Now all they need is a YouTube clone and a Flickr clone.  Big Grin
How 'bout some buyers?  Smile

How 'bout causing a little itty bitty bit of excitement with just some peeps?  Big Grin
I'm still stewing over their use of the phrase "MySpace."

By the gods, I'm opening an auction site that's eBay-ish and I'm going to name it eeeBay. I'm also opening photo sites named Fleckr and Snapfosh, a bookstore named Amazin, and a bulletin board named Tulep Tuls.

Oh, and a dead-end auction clone site named WaggleZit.

Makes 'ya wonder just how many people ebay has fooled into thinking things like the review, guides, blogs, etc. etc. etc. are actually for the benefit of it's users?  When most of US really know the truth... that is, for MORE search engine placements... getting some people who normally wouldn't come to ebay, finding a "back door in".  I'm seeing many reviews in the top 10 SERPS on Google for several key word phrases. 

The whole company lacks even the most miniscule amount of class and taste. 

Puke :blinkie: Puke :blinkie: Puke :blinkie: Puke :blinkie:

I remember it being mentioned, many moons ago, that ebay never comes up with anything that's uniquely its own.  Everything they do is copied or stolen from what's popular *elsewhere*. 

These types of moves leave no doubt.
[quote author=stardust link=topic=5206.msg24058#msg24058 date=1158804362]
I remember it being mentioned, many moons ago, that ebay never comes up with anything that's uniquely its own.  Everything they do is copied or stolen from what's popular *elsewhere*. 

These types of moves leave no doubt.
[/quote]

No wonder they want to team up with Microsoft... they're cut from the same cloth!  Laughing7

(Hope my tech support rep at bcentral isn't evesdropping!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14