TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MyWorld: eBay makes lame attempt to ripoff MySpace with new MyWorld section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
That's about ME too maggie777
(no pun intended)  Laughing7

I still run a few low end items on feeBay (VERY few)...
and all I can do is hope any lookers are SMART enough to
look at the Me page and go to my site
were I charge them less than on feeBay
and they get some of the best CS on the net too.

Remember they had the band playing as the ship was lisping?

Lisping???
They're pushing this crap to piggyback on MySpace's success, hoping to create numbers and traffic that looks good in a glossy-covered report for the investors at the next quarterly meeting.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5206.msg24981#msg24981 date=1159372979]
They're pushing this crap to piggyback on MySpace's success, hoping to create numbers and traffic that looks good in a glossy-covered report for the investors at the next quarterly meeting.
[/quote]

Thumbsup
Discussion on the SB:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000229915&tstart=0&mod=1159384992527
Quote:you'll be able to see a member's My World page whenever you click on their User ID anywhere on the site. The page you see when you currently do so – the Member Profile page that mainly features their Feedback – will still be available when you click on someone's Feedback score

So with the introduction of MyWorld pages eBay has instantly created another 200 million pages that can be indexed by search engines.  :Smile

The official announcement:

Quote:***Introducing My World – A New Profile Page*** 

September 27, 2006 | 02:56PM PST/PT

Hi everyone, this is Sanjay Bhasin. I'm here to let you know about an updated profile page we'll be launching soon called My World. A My World page complements your About Me page and enables you to showcase your personality and interests by combining many of the features already available on eBay.

What you can do with My World
Think of My World as your place to show the rest of the eBay Community who you are on eBay. You can customize your page's look, layout and content through a variety of available features and modules:

* Feedback – Feedback will always be prominently displayed atop My World so that you can quickly see the transaction history of each member.
    * Listings - Display your current listings and customize how they appear on your page.
    * Photo or Icon - Show the world your face! Upload your own personal photo or choose from over 30 icons to represent you.
    * Bio - Provide a description of yourself, your interests, your selling policies or anything else you want to include. You can also create search tags that make it easy for other members to find you.
    * Reviews & Guides - Reviews & Guides are a great way to share your opinions and demonstrate your expertise. Showcase your Reviews & Guides on your My World page to gain new readership.
    * Blog - Whether you blog for fun or for business, you can attract readers by including your latest eBay Blog posts on My World.
    * Store - eBay Stores sellers will have their own Store module with customizable promotion boxes.

The Launch Plan
We’re going to launch My World pages in two phases:

Beginning this week, My World will be available to start customizing. To find your My World page, visit http://myworld.ebay.com and click the Get Started button. Each member will have their own URL at http://myworld.ebay.com/[yourUserID]. We encourage you to start experimenting – play with different designs and features to see what you like!

We've also created a brand-new My World discussion board for you to share ideas and designs with each other.

Next, in mid-October, you'll be able to see a member's My World page whenever you click on their User ID anywhere on the site. The page you see when you currently do so – the Member Profile page that mainly features their Feedback – will still be available when you click on someone's Feedback score.

We'll update you here on the Announcement Board when we’re close to this phase.

Join our online workshop
We're hosting an introductory workshop for My World on Thursday, October 5th at 2pm PT. Come learn how you can set yours up well in advance of mid-October.

To learn more about My World, see our My World homepage.

Sincerely,

Sanjay Bhasin
Product Management
Good point Amy. I wonder if the search companies will go for that. Perhaps they will simply decide not to index those pages.
Well, thank you, Sanjay! I'm so excited!

Here's the pic on MyWorld page:

[Image: e2_11.jpg]

Aren't I gorgeous, Sanjay??

Protest  Puke
Happy001

Okay, can I use your pic too, Cranky?
Yes, you may. The more the merrier.  Laughing7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14