TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MyWorld: eBay makes lame attempt to ripoff MySpace with new MyWorld section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
LSOSB's  >Sad
[quote author=amy link=topic=5206.msg24447#msg24447 date=1159046056]
Quote:I remember it being mentioned, many moons ago, that ebay never comes up with anything that's uniquely its own.  Everything they do is copied or stolen from what's popular *elsewhere*.

Unsolicited Idea Submissions

Important Note:

If a member sends us an unsolicited suggestion, idea, proposal or other material (collectively, the “Submission”), eBay will consider the Submission to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. eBay shall have no obligations concerning the Submission, contractual or otherwise (including but not limited to an obligation to keep the Submission confidential), and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. eBay shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the member...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unso...ideas.html
[/quote]

Send us your ideas, good or otherwise, and we'll take them, use them and screw them up. Oh, and we also won't be compensating you for them with either money or notereity.
...if you are an Ebay member, whether you want one or not.
Protest

MyWorld is now live.

Quote:>>>Hello all,

eBay is excited to launch a new Community feature for our members. This new member page - called "My World" - will be launching today. With this new page, you will have the ability to gather and showcase information and content which is already on the site, on a single page. This page will also be customizable, so you can decide what content is displayed, as well as where it is displayed on the page. The only exception to this is the Feedback module. The Feedback module will always display atop of the members My World page.

In addition to the Feedback module, members will have the ability to opt-in to displaying other areas like:

· My Blog - Display a link to your blog, and some of your most recent posts

· My Store - Direct link to your Store, with promotional boxes as well

· My Bio - Input anything that you wish to describe yourself

· My Photo - Add a photo or icon

· My Listings - Display listings that you have

· My Reviews & Guides - A link to showcase what you have contributed

Beginning today, members will be able to access and customize their page via the My World hub page, http://myworld.ebay.com and click the Get started button or by typing the url http://myworld.ebay.com/userID, with the userID being your username.

In Mid-October all members will have a My World default page which will be accessible via clicking on any members ID. This will replace the current action which displays the Member Profile page. That page will still be accessible when you click on a member's feedback # and star icon.

All of the information that will be displayed on the My World default page is information that is readily available on the site to begin with - a members feedback score, most recent comments left.just like your member profile page.

Go to myworld.ebay.com/your-user-id and there is your page.  Angryfire

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000229554&tstart=0&mod=1159233127715
[quote author=amy link=topic=5206.msg24740#msg24740 date=1159234427]
Here's mine
[/quote]

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[quote author=amy link=topic=5206.msg24740#msg24740 date=1159234427]
Here's mine
[/quote]

They must not like you, Amy.

*I* have one already...their stupid-looking default.  Tongue2
they look like "me" pages. Big frickin deal. Gee, I think I'll run right over there and fix mine all up.  Big Grin

They have a man's silhouette on mine. :Smile
Quote:they look like "me" pages.

Actually, these are much worse. Me pages can be customized so that they look decent. This crap seems to be standard you're-stuck-with-it crap.

I just dislike the idea that we are forced to have this profile page. Mine will stay exactly like it is, male silhouette and all.  Tongue3

Hmmmm. On second thought, maybe I have a pic I could use.  :twistedevil:

Edited to add: Yep! Found a pic.  :twistedevil: :twistedevil: :twistedevil:

More from the thread referenced above:
Quote:Well.... the obvious question has not been asked....

What lucky Ebayer will be the FIRST to have their "World"
nuked due to content unbecoming?

Wait till they see my favorite book.  Happy001
*I* have one already...their stupid-looking default.  Tongue2
Me, too.  It's orange.  Tongue

Perhaps they are going to drop the AboutMe page.  If that should really be the case, what creative methods will there be on the MyWorld space to advertise and link to one's own personal website?

I know, I know. I'm jumping the gun here, but that's MY thought...that the ME page will be history fairly quickly.  Any other thoughts from anyone else?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14