TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Today's Reasons Why Marketworks SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:choice between ProStores and Marketworks

I think Marketworks checkout is easier for buyers than Storesense/ProStores...when its working.

We've had a big problem (with Overstock sales) with buyers not being able to checkout and pay after auctions because Marketworks hasn't finalized the sales data and doesn't recognize that the buyer won the auction.  We had a couple of Overstock sales last month that didn't finalize until 4 days after the auction ended.  We ended up just sending the buyers PayPal invoices.

I dont use Marketworks but I have a question...

If it is constantly messing up (and thats all I ever read about), then why use it?  I mean it just seems like more headaches then its worth.  Why put up with all the crap?  I dont get it  ???

Angel  Angel1
[quote author=Angel link=topic=201.msg877#msg877 date=1124616032]

If it is constantly messing up (and thats all I ever read about), then why use it?  I mean it just seems like more headaches then its worth.  Why put up with all the crap?  I dont get it  ???
[/quote]

One big reason: No listing fees on Overstock until September 30th for items listed through Marketworks.
  [quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=201.msg880#msg880 date=1124621720]

[/quote]

One big reason: No listing fees on Overstock until September 30th for items listed through Marketworks.
[/quote]

BBH,
At lease you are getting free listings for using a crappy system.  eBay is crap and they just raise their fees!  lol
Angel - it used to be much better than it is now.  I kept thinking they would fix their issues, and stayed with them longer than I should have.  I cancelled my account a little over a month ago.  They haven't had their act together since they added overstock as a listing option.  They were having some problems before that, but pretty much fell apart reliability-wise after that.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=201.msg880#msg880 date=1124621720]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BBH I understand listings are free but if they fail to list or checkout is nothing but a problem then what exactly are you saving?  ???

Jen thanks for the explanation.  From everything i've read and keep reading , I dont blame you for cancelling your account.  Dealing with all that would just pi** me off to no end  Wink

Angel  Angel1

[quote author=Angel link=topic=201.msg900#msg900 date=1124706644]
BBH I understand listings are free but if they fail to list or checkout is nothing but a problem then what exactly are you saving?  ???[/quote]

Some list  Smile and since we're running 1-day auctions we're saving about $2400 monthly in Overstock listing fees by using MW.  Once the free listing promo runs out we'll be cutting way back on our use of Overstock because the sell-through rate really isn't high enough to justify the listing fees.
According to a post by a MW employee on the MW eBay groups, Marketworks is going to finally (it took them 5 years) open up their own message boards.  They were apparently going to open them on the 18th but have delayed them due to all of the problems they've been experiencing.  :Smile

favorite quote:

Quote:What I'm looking for here is an opinion - would you rather I make them available now or should I wait until the current issues are resolved?

umm yeah, the whole point of having technical support forums is to provide support when issues are unresolved.  Tongue

oh, for anyone trying to list to eBay an announcement--day 2 of problems with the eBay API:

Quote:Due to a known issue with eBay's API, we're currently experiencing the following issues:

- launches are backed up 2-3 hours
- auction finalizations are backed up about 2 hours
- Auction Updates in Monitor page are backed up 2-3 hours

We currently don't have an estimated time when the issue will be resolved
This forum? Toothy9

http://forums.marketworks.com/index.php

MW really sucks.  I launched some stuff over a week ago to O that had a one time relaunch assigned to them - they are still relaunching, even again today. BangHead
Uh, bargain . . . according to the color coding, they're listing you as a moderator over there?  Sign10  Tongue3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7