TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Today's Reasons Why Marketworks SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The usual.  Smile

An Overstock buyer had to wait 18 boinking hours for a Winning Bidder Notice/Auction Finalization .  Angryfire Violent1 BangHead

I always feel so much better after I post to this thread.  Toothy10
Maybe I'll go do some reading on O-Auctions Checkout and see how many other TM's are using it..  Smile
I still can't click launch to yahoo . . . and when I bulk list, half the time they fail or show up as non-MW items . . . and I can't convert them.

But, on a positive note, customer service is better than it was previously when I tried them.  (I don't always get fixes, but at least I get answers.) 
Mystery solved.  It's Overstock's fault.  :Smile

marketworks Wrote:Why do Overstock Auctions ALWAYS take 24+ hrs to finalize?

If the customer buys an item prior to the natural end date we have no way to know about that, as there is no Overstock notification system for purchases. The only way we can recognize that such items are ended are if the buyer comes to our site to pay or if we detect the sale in an auction update. Using the Instant Clickout button should help this problem, as when a buyer comes to our site via that link we check to see if it's ended and finalize the item for checkout. Note that they would have to click the Instant Clickout button for both items, however, as if they buy 2 items and use Instant Clickout for one of them we would have no way to know that they bought the other item.

then a followup:

marketworks Wrote:Why do Overstock Auctions ALWAYS take 24+ hrs to finalize?

Overstock does support something similar to Checkout Redirect, but we never sorted out some related issues about it with Overstock and haven't allocated resources to implement it. At this point I can't say if, or when, we might support that functionality, so I recommend using the Instant Clickout button for Overstock

Sounds like a Marketworks problem not an Overstock problem to me Smile
"If the customer buys an item prior to the natural end date we have no way to know about that, as there is no Overstock notification system for purchases."

:o
Quote:"If the customer buys an item prior to the natural end date we have no way to know about that, as there is no Overstock notification system for purchases." 

I don't have that problem with my listing service. 2funny
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=201.msg28525#msg28525 date=1161460776]
Quote:"If the customer buys an item prior to the natural end date we have no way to know about that, as there is no Overstock notification system for purchases." 

I don't have that problem with my listing service. 2funny
[/quote]

Tongue2

If I win the lottery I'll switch to Infopia (which is unlikely since I've only bought 1 lottery ticket in my entire life) Yellowtonguerazz

back to MW/O...If MW supposedly has no way of knowing about O make it mine purchases I'd like to know why the MIM buys are pulled in when you do a manual "update auctions" from the MW monitor screen Smile

I no longer have any problems with Marketworks.  We closed our account today. Smile
[quote author=amy link=topic=201.msg37067#msg37067 date=1166242741]
I no longer have any problems with Marketworks.  We closed our account today. Smile
[/quote]

Congrats! Occasion18
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7