TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Today's Reasons Why Marketworks SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote author=amy link=topic=201.msg4632#msg4632 date=1131730023]
Protest

Marketworks announcing that they are down again Wrote:The site is inaccessible at the mement. We are having a failure between the network connection and our storage.

We do not have an ETA at this time. I will post an update when the site is available once again.

We also haven't been able to list anything on Yahoo for the past day--all of our launches and relaunches are failing  Thefinger

ummm...

20 hours for Overstock sales to finalize
Unnscheduled maintenance periods Wednesday morning and this morning
Our launches to Overstock and Yahoo were delayed over 6 hours the day eBay had its 10 cent listing special
Extreme site slowness all week
There was another outage Wednesday around noon

I could keep going on listing all of the rest of the problems this week because I listed less than half of them

They can't keep the site running and yet they were trying to get Andale's customers to come over  Happy001

[/quote]

Every time I read this thread I just here and  Icon_scratch

Wink

Angel  Angel7
the reason we stay at Marketworks.  this Overstock promo started in May.  Smile

Quote:Free Insertions for Marketworks Merchants
Up to 1,000 Active Listings
5% Closing Fee Applies
Standard reserve and upgrade fees apply

OFFER EXTENDED: Through February 17, 2006.
You still get the (extended) Overstock promo even after you leave MarketWorks.  Smile
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=201.msg4652#msg4652 date=1131762262]
You still get the (extended) Overstock promo even after you leave MarketWorks.  Smile

[/quote]

I didn't know that.  :-[
I don't think they exactly advertise it, but you do.  :-)

I called Overstock and asked after I left MW and was told NO.

But I got the email a month or so ago announcing that the special was being extended. 

Called back, talked to someone who had a clue and said that once you are *in* their system as under the MW special, you stay.   

And, the proof being in the pudding, I haven't listed a whole bunch of stuff since then, but it has all been free and I haven't been a paying MW customer since August or September.

Beth
die, boinktards, die!   Blob8

I feel better after saying that  Smile

today's problems:

1. winning bidder notifications have been going out 1-2 days late all month.  this morning one went out for an eBay item that was paid for on Thursday and shipped yesterday.  Angryfire

2.  we just had over 400 launches to Overstock fail--marketworks should have a fix "next week" according to a post on their forum.  the work around is to not list shipping prices when listing  Angryfire 

This thread will probably never die  Lol :blinkie: :blinkie:
Psst...MarketWorks lurkers...forward this one to tech support:

Quote:Quote:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

/_private/aw_yahoo.asp, line 524

Error occurs when using bulk:lister yahoo from inventory pages. Yahoo launches have been down about 21 hours now and no announcement. Check your "support" forums, other people are having the same problem.  I have 0 items listed on Yahoo now...I should have 400  Smile
You guys still using that carp?
I guess I'm still old school.
I was using MarketWorks when I had quit selling back in the fall.  I've been getting things together so that I can start selling again after I have the baby.  Anyways, MW had suspended my account months ago since I didn't pay my bill.  Angel12  I figured I had better pay it and learn how to use the new ordering system so I would be all ready to go when I'm ready to sell again.  Turns out they have been charging me for the entire time that my account was suspended.  I've emailed and called customer service at least a dozen times - no one will call me - they just send me an email and tell me that they will not credit my account for the time it was suspended.  I read through the user agreement and see where they have the right to suspend my account, delete my images, etc. (which they did, and rightfully so since I didn't pay).  I didn't realize I get to pay them for the privilege of having an unusable, suspended account.

So now I need to decide if I want to pay them the total amount, write it off, and be done with it OR cancel the credit card that they have on file, send them a check for the amount I owe for services they actually provided plus the late fees, and tell them to $#%& off.

I always loved "the concept" of MW, it just never worked quite like they said it should.  Have things gotten any better over the last several months?  Is there any other comparable service in the same price range?  I'd love to tell them to $#%& off, but I haven't been able to find anything that lists to eBay, Overstock, Yahoo, a storefront, and has a checkout system.
Quote:Have things gotten any better over the last several months?

The downtime and server slowness problems have improved since the beginning of the year.  There's still a problem with Overstock WBN's not going out until you run 'update all auctions' from the monitor screen, and then there's Yahoo... Listing to Yahoo (when it works) has improved 100%  since Yahoo added an API but when something goes wrong the problem can last for days..

Quote:Is there any other comparable service in the same price range?  I haven't been able to find anything that lists to eBay, Overstock, Yahoo, a storefront, and has a checkout system.

The only ones that do everything are Channel Advisor Merchant/Enterprise and Infopia. Infopia starts at $600 monthly and CA isn't much better.  So the answer is NOOOOOOOOOO!

Vendio doesn't list to Overstock, and unless they fixed the problem they don't have the capability to include a gallery image for Yahoo listings.

Channel Advisor Pro lists to all 3 but: A. their features are crap compared to MarketWorks B. same gallery picture problem as Vendio when listing to Yahoo C. no store and D. their $29.95 pricing plan is deceptive because they count all closed listings (including unsold) so you could easily get stuck with a $100+ bill if you went over the plan limit.

Zoovy- great stores (which are actually web sites) BUT they don't do Yahoo, a ridiculous $399 setup fee, and I've heard a few horror stories about their billing department.

AuctionWizard2000 does all 3 but no storefront and most importantly no checkout.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7