TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Today's Reasons Why Marketworks SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hey BBH - did you get approved to post on the forum yet?  I'm still waiting. :Smile
Awww, they fixed the color coding thing.  It really had me giggling.
[quote author=ginger link=topic=201.msg968#msg968 date=1124897740]
Hey BBH - did you get approved to post on the forum yet?  I'm still waiting. :Smile
[/quote]

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry017:  It took them almost 2 months to approve me for the Overstock MW group.

[quote author=Jen link=topic=201.msg927#msg927 date=1124775120]
Uh, bargain . . . according to the color coding, they're listing you as a moderator over there?   Sign10  Tongue3

[/quote]

:twistedevil:
Well its been down for the past 45 minutes, is that a good enough reason why it s*cks?  :Smile Smileyyellowbang Big Grin
Time to revive this thread!  Protest

The good news: The inventory pages load times on Marketworks have been unbearably slow for the 5 days.

The bad news:  Unbelievably slow loading pages are better than no pages.  Marketworks has been down for the past couple of hours.  No announcement on their forums.
According to the announcement Marketworks issued they were only down 20 minutes.  :Smile The real down time was several hours...hmmm, it might be time for them to spend some of that $7.5 million investment on replacing the obviously broken office clocks in MW headquarters.  :twistedevil:
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=201.msg2983#msg2983 date=1129177208]
According to the announcement Marketworks issued they were only down 20 minutes.  :Smile The real down time was several hours...hmmm, it might be time for them to spend some of that $7.5 million investment on replacing the obviously broken office clocks in MW headquarters.  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

They changed their story from 20 minutes to reality  Icon_tongue

Quote:Yesterday's (Oct-12) outages can be attributed to a series of events (all times in Eastern Standard Time):

We began work yesterday to resolve issues that we have been seeing with the load balancers lately (rolling logouts) by upgrading the hardware (the vendor was doing the upgrade on site with us). In doing so, we had to take one of the load balancers offline (the inactive load-balancer)

- 1:45/1:50 - 2:00pm Due to an as yet undetermined and unprecedented reason (the vendor cannot explain why this happened), the site came down as we attempted to take the first load balancer offline. The outage lasted approximately 10 minutes

- 2:30 - 2:45pm Bringing the new hardware back online caused a conflict with the active load balancer causing the 2nd outage. The 2nd outage lasted approximately 10 ¿ 15 minutes

- 3:30pm DB threw an error indicating that it was out of memory due to excessive user counts and the Database stopped responding and took itself offline.

- 3:30 - 5:15pm During this time period that the DB was down we were trying to identify the underlying cause and attempted to bring the DB back online- unsuccessfully several times. At approximately 5pm we discovered that the web-servers were not accessing the internet i.e. could not hit the DB

- 5:15 - 5:45pm To resolve the issue we had to re-boot the DB and clear the routing tables in the router (essentially when the load balancer went offline the routing table was affected and network traffic was not routed correctly)

At 5:45pm the site was fully restored and functioning. At 6:30pm we brought the normal functions of the site back online ¿ including the applications (launchers, finalizers, and notifiers). During the outages, no data was impacted. Launches and notifications were backed up and LaunchBots scheduled to go out during the outage did not go out.

The system was running normally and without delay by 7:30pm.
I'm tryng to find an auction management system to use (Angel sent me to this thread over here).

I was hoping to try Marketworks, but now I'm not so sure. Can anyone out there recommend anything at all? I've tried SpareDollar and AuctionSage, and have had issues with both. About the only requirement I have that can't be changed is my need to be able to schedule listing times for free.

Any ideas? Or does Marketworks work most of the time?
Protest

Marketworks announcing that they are down again Wrote:The site is inaccessible at the mement. We are having a failure between the network connection and our storage.

We do not have an ETA at this time. I will post an update when the site is available once again.

We also haven't been able to list anything on Yahoo for the past day--all of our launches and relaunches are failing  Thefinger

ummm...

20 hours for Overstock sales to finalize
Unnscheduled maintenance periods Wednesday morning and this morning
Our launches to Overstock and Yahoo were delayed over 6 hours the day eBay had its 10 cent listing special
Extreme site slowness all week
There was another outage Wednesday around noon

I could keep going on listing all of the rest of the problems this week because I listed less than half of them

They can't keep the site running and yet they were trying to get Andale's customers to come over  Happy001
amy Wrote:We also haven't been able to list anything on Yahoo for the past day--all of our launches and relaunches are failing 

This one is actually due to extreme stupidity on the part of Yahoo.

Quote:Yahoo's API requires Marketworks to login to a server with the Seller's username and password before launching auctions, running auction updates, or getting finalization information. However, the SSL certificate on the Yahoo server used to login and get cookies has expired, so all of our code is throwing SSL-related errors (thus causing Launch Failures, which you are notified of via a Launch Failure e-mail).

We have alerted Yahoo to the problem, and they have indicated that the issue will be fixed "over the weekend".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7