TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:There are some people (Dorothy, Marty, Melrose, MagazineGuy/Auto) who would say "Thank you eBay" even if Meg peed on their heads.  Anyways...

Are these folks "Voices" members?
Maybe it is in the  Smileykoolaid
Some people like to be peed on.  It is the advanced eBay cheerleading club.
Some people like to be peed on.  It is the advanced eBay cheerleading club.

Sounds like the same folks that might be bidding a lot on that new military-issue body bag ....... oooooh, ick!
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=2632.msg9476#msg9476 date=1140024920]
This search returns 4,485 items.  90 pages of results!  You have to flip through 8 pages to see store items.  I won't do that, will you?

HAIRLESS
[/quote]

Stores come up on the first page on this search if you use quotes.  69 items listed.  Without quotes 278 items and stores on page 2

"peed on"  peed on  Angel1
The whole thing is really ridiculous but great for a few laughs  Wink

And don't forget to pass out more  Smileykoolaid  , some people are just hogging it all  lol

:popcorneaters:

Angel  Angel7
I wouldn't put it passed ebay to have a special fund "set up"
and are having some "mystery shoppers" buying from
a few to make it all look so good.

I know of another auction site who was doing that.

In my category there are now well over 15 pages of stuff.
Not bad as others, but the usual was about 4 or five.

I don't even bother with "hits" anymore.
Sales are all that concern me and ebay is not performing in that area.

PS I modified my last post:
Should have read "Maybe it is in the  Smileykoolaid

Hey Angel don't worry. I'm sure there will be plenty more  Smileykoolaid
in the months to come.

Happy001

Another PS here:
Looks like all or just about all the "voices" members or last years eBay
Live attendees have checked in.

Those who like changes post here only.......
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000082192&tstart=0&mod=1140097164941

Hey all don't forget about this little tool:

Want to see full sales reports from any eBay seller?
http://www.data.emmx.com/

If anyone cares to take the time to look up these higher sales figures.

Could be true or could be all  Smileykoolaid
eBay reverses its decision to include store listings in the main site search results.

FAQ Explaining the decision:

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/storei...ryfaq.html

The eBay Stores thread on the decision:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000112346&tstart=0

The Announcement:

Quote:***From Chris Tsakalakis � Update on Store Inventory Listings in Search Results***

March 28, 2006 | 01:01PM PST/PT

Chris Tsakalakis
Hi everyone. As you may know, we recently implemented an expansion of item search results to include all Store Inventory listings. Our intent was to provide more exposure for these listings while improving buyers' shopping experience by showing more listings in search results.

In the few weeks since we launched this new feature, it's become clear to us that it's had some unintended consequences. Many buyers have found that their searches are now producing too many results, and that search results overall are sometimes less relevant than they used to be. [DUH!!!] In addition, Auction-Style and Fixed Price listings are harder to find for buyers, so sellers of these items have unintentionally been put at a disadvantage.

We strive to deliver the best buying experience on the eBay marketplace. Therefore, we're going to discontinue this feature while we further test and refine it. Given the unintended consequences we�ve seen, we want to take more time to optimize this feature and ensure a healthy balance between Auction-Style, Fixed Price and Store Inventory listings on eBay. This is in the interests of both buyers and sellers.

We plan to make this change within the next couple of weeks � it will take several days to fully launch across the site. Essentially, we will make search the way it was in early February, with up to 30 Store Inventory listings appearing when there are 30 or fewer Auction-Style or Fixed Price listings in a buyer's search results. Buyers who wish to broaden their search results with all Store Inventory listings, will still be able to do so by selecting a box in the Search Options area on the search results page.

This change will affect eBay.com, eBay Motors and eBay.ca. More details on the change can be found in our FAQ.

I'll be joining Bill Cobb for our Community Town Hall tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time, and we�ll be happy to take any questions you may have about this decision (you can submit questions here). In addition, my team and I will be hosting a Brown Bag Lunch for Stores sellers on Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pacific time, and we'll be happy to answer questions and provide more details.

We think this is the right decision to maintain a healthy balance in the eBay marketplace. Thanks in advance for your understanding and flexibility.

Sincerely,

Chris Tsakalakis
I am so happy that I no longer need to deal with eBay's non-stop crap on a daily basis.  Laughing4
Puke

I can't believe they are changing it back.

OK, I can.  It's eBay.

But wouldn't you guys be . . . well, embarrased . . . to run your business the way eBay runs its? 

They've introduced three new features recently - expanded store searches, expanded categories, and the listing frame.  Two don't work and they are discontinuing the one that does. 

Smileykoolaid

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9