TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
They have a FAQ explaining the decision:

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/storei...ryfaq.html

questions below--visit the FAQ to see the answers Tongue

Quote:Update on Store Inventory Listings in Search Results

As noted in the March 28th Announcement Board post, in the next few weeks we will change the expansion of Store Inventory listings in search results to revert back to the way search worked in early February. Please read the below FAQs to learn more about this change.

* Why is eBay making this change?
    * As a seller, I've seen an increase in my sales. How could this change have negatively impacted the buying experience?
    * As a buyer, I like including Store Inventory in my search results. Why are you removing this option?
    * Why did eBay wait several weeks since the February rollout to make this change?
    * On what date can we expect this change to happen?
    * How can we learn more about this change?
    * What sites and countries will be impacted by this change?
    * What pages will be affected by this change?
    * How can buyers include Store Inventory listings in their main search results?
    * What is the cutoff for automatically showing Store Inventory listings in search results?
    * How will this change impact the listing results count that is highlighted at the top of the search page?
    * Will any changes occur when a buyer searches within my eBay Store or on my Seller's Other Items page?
    * Will this change bring back the "See Additional Buy It Now items from eBay Store sellers" link and the "Additional Items Found in eBay Stores" section at the bottom of the search results page?
    * Will this change impact how eBay Stores surface in the "Shop eBay Stores" box on the search results page?
    * Will my listing upgrades show up in Store Inventory results?
    * Will this change have any impact to the inclusion of Store Inventory items in eBay Express?
    * What is the plan for reintroducing Store Inventory into eBay's main search and browse results?
:popcorneaters:

Looks like the "show" has started early.
I wasn't expecting another forum blow out over
there until at least next week.

If it's any consolation.
I think the stores items will be included when the New
and Improved eBay Express rolls out. Right?

Sorry Stores sellers.
This does bite...
But what did you expect?

It's ebay.  :Smile
I forgot to mention that Storesteam called bargainbloodhound regarding this change a few hours ago and left a message.  Laughing7
Why did eBay wait several weeks since the February rollout to make this change?
As soon as we rolled this feature out, we started tracking various buyer, seller, and site metrics to evaluate the impact from this change. It took a few weeks for buyers and sellers to become familiar with the change. After reviewing a few weeks of results, we have concluded that we need to revert back to the way search worked in early February.

Translated to read:

It took us a few weeks to realize that our auction listings were tanking and we couldn't get store sellers to keep on listing auctions and fixed price listings when their store items were being included in the search results.    As much as we like the higher FVF from store sales, we LOVE all those listing fees from auctions and FPLs. 
Quote:Translated to read:

It took us a few weeks to realize that our auction listings were tanking and we couldn't get store sellers to keep on listing auctions and fixed price listings when their store items were being included in the search results.    As much as we like the higher FVF from store sales, we LOVE all those listing fees from auctions and FPLs.

Signs064
700,000 sellers earn a living on Ebay.  There are only 200,000 stores.  I'm in the majority of sellers who don't have a store and were hurt by store listings in search.  I like this announcement.  :-[ 
I'm just speechless.  I was getting ready to reopen the high-end gallery after the first of april.  whadda bunch of carp.

BangHead
[quote author=amy link=topic=2632.msg11551#msg11551 date=1143590017]
I forgot to mention that Storesteam called bargainbloodhound regarding this change a few hours ago and left a message.  Laughing7
[/quote]

Yes they did.  I didn't bother calling them back because the message didn't mention anything about them paying me a consulting fee for my time.  :twistedevil:

Ditto what Amy said (which I'm sure she stole from one of my posts).  I think it was probably 50/50 people (storeowners) who were helped vs. people who were either hurt by the new search, or the search had no effect on.

We fell into the 'neutral' camp because auctions are glutted in our categories and no buyers were going to search through 5 trillion pages of search results to find the store items at the end of the list.

I'm sure that both sellers without stores and many buyers will be happy  about today's announcement.

Today's announcement sucks for sellers who were helped by the "new search" but,,,>>> *insert plug here for using this as a reason for spending more time on web site development and less time on eBay Stores development so that in the future eBay's unannounced changes won't have quite as big an impact (yes, I know that won't immediately make up for the drop in sales many sellers will suffer today, but it will leave sellers better prepared in the future when eBay drops the next bombshell)*<<<

Quote:Today's announcement sucks for sellers who were helped by the "new search" but,,,>>> *insert plug here for using this as a reason for spending more time on web site development and less time on eBay Stores development so that in the future eBay's unannounced changes won't have quite as big an impact (yes, I know that won't immediately make up for the drop in sales many sellers will suffer today, but it will leave sellers better prepared in the future when eBay drops the next bombshell)*<<<

Careful there BBH that would be considered "negative" if you posted that "over there".

After all the carp so many have been
though over the years, how so many still just don't get it and STILL
put all their faith (eggs) in a company that at each turn has demonstrated 
total disregard for the people who make them those impressive
figures they report quarter after quarter.

IT BOGGLES THE MIND

You can't be advising sellers
of not only the benefits of diversification, but how it is so
crucial for thier
long term survival in the online world of selling.

It is like  BangHead

The  Smileykoolaid is STRONG and has lasting effects on many.

Still I can't help but feel a little sorry for those who this effects negatively.

Quote:the benefits of diversification, but how it is so crucial for thier long term survival in the online world of selling.

Very true, and diversification applies to more than just relying on eBay. It also applies to not relying on just one supplier for your products, etc.  (note: diversification doesn't mean going from drinking only from eBay's Kool-Aid pitcher to adding  drinking from the Ray "Poppers" kool-aid jug and the Jason "Ziggies" kool-aid jug to your list of online activities),

Quote:Careful there BBH that would be considered "negative" if you posted that "over there".

Then I guess my next comment would be considered negative too.  Smile

eBay Stores boar Wrote:This is it in a nutshell for me. How many times in one year should people have to change their business model???? Pick something and stick to it, Ebay!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...allowing another company's business plan to dictate the course your business (plan/model) takes is the perfect recipe for a very short-lived business...which is basically what XPP already said.  Laughing7

Quote: I can't help but feel a little sorry for those who this effects negatively.

I feel sorry for everyone affected by this, and I've said this before too: EBAY SUCKS!!!!!!  ...and eBay will still suck tomorrow (and so will every other venue both big and small because they're all in business for themselves not you), so the best thing to do is work on ways to decrease your reliance on eBay.

----------
Change of topic: now Marty (Clact) is over there pleading for higher fees  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9