TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Marty is still clinging to one pom pom.  He hasn't lost them both yet.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2632.msg12510#msg12510 date=1145248350]
Marty is still clinging to one pom pom.  He hasn't lost them both yet.
[/quote]

Since he's been quoting Medved's stats, maybe he'll lose the other PomPom now.  It appears Medved just dumped all of its sell-through statistics from 2/8-4/16...the time during which store items were included in the main search  :Smile 

Quote:Note: EBAY counts from 2/08/2006 to 4/16/2006 were incorrect, due to a mixup after EBay has changed the way they display pages. We're pretty sure that the numbers that are being collected now accurately reflect the total number of auctions on the EBay web site.

MY Note:  I think Medved's sell-through stats for the past couple of years have been inaccurate...i.e. inflated.
Quote:MY Note:  I think Medved's sell-through stats for the past couple of years have been inaccurate...i.e. inflated.

Me too. Money can BE a VERY STRONG influence on anyone.

Funny in how about six months after the PP wars were winding down
the "numbers" just started to rise on Medved's when every one was STILL
saying sales where STILL low.

Even now the numbers just don't add up
and I think Medved's is being very gracious as to the reporting of at least SELL THROUGH.

Using the posting boards by many who just come in and tell IT
and my own observations as a gauge of course.
Quote:MY Note:  I think Medved's sell-through stats for the past couple of years have been inaccurate...i.e. inflated.

Highly inflated! Anyone who believes in those numbers probably also believes in the Easter bunny.  Bunny They're a total fabrication. I guess those numbers are based on something, but I can't imagine what.
Medved:
auction sell-thru 45%
BIN sell-thru 28%

:Smile
:lol14n: :lies2n: :lol16n: 
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=2632.msg12559#msg12559 date=1145329233]
Medved:
auction sell-thru 45%
BIN sell-thru 28%

:Smile [/quote]

I believe it ---
45% of the auctions that have bids SELL!

I may even be up to 50%!

28% of the buy it now items repeated at least five times SELL!

Yessirree.

(You have to read the fine print.)
Hairless Chris stickied a post to the eBay Stores board:

Quote:Hi everyone,

I wanted to take some time to respond to recent comments submitted by the eBay Stores Community and provide an update on Store Inventory in search.

First, I wanted to again thank everyone who has posted feedback to the petition thread and other Stores board threads, emailed comments to storesteam@ebay.com, and called the Stores Customer Support line. The Stores team and I have personally exchanged notes with many members on this board and appreciate the candid feedback on the recent changes to Store Inventory exposure in search and other eBay Stores matters. I also want to sincerely apologize that every time we make a change like this, it forces you to adjust your business plans. Our intention has never been to cause additional work for you.

I have stressed before and will underscore it again here that we are very thankful to have such an active and passionate Community who cares enough to take the time from their busy day to send us comments. Although we may not respond to every thread or post, please know that we are actively reading and documenting your comments.

We understand the frustration felt by those members who have seen a decline in sales since the change. For many members, the initial sales boost and the subsequent dip that accompanied the launch and removal of Store Inventory in search has been compounded by seasonal sales cycles. We understand that some of you are very upset by these factors that may be contributing to slower product sales. Please know that we are committed to growing your business and are actively looking at options to do just that.

This brings me to the next topic I’d like to discuss – providing additional exposure for Store Inventory in search beyond the current state today. As you know, we are currently working on finalizing the plan for testing other alternatives that provide additional visibility for Store Inventory in search. Although we are not yet able to release exact dates, we expect that we will begin testing a few different implementations with a small percentage of buyers over the next month or two. We will then compare the results from each test to the experience buyers have today when using the current search.

The testing will likely take a few months, and the implementation of the new search would happen thereafter. We apologize that we can't be more specific, but we are hoping that the new search will take effect before the holiday season. When we have more information to share, we will post to the eBay Stores discussion board.

In the meantime, I invite you to continue to submit your feedback via this board, the Stores team email (storesteam@ebay.com) or Customer Support. I also hope you will join the monthly eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch hosted on Wednesday, May 31 at 12:00 noon PST.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000146857&tstart=0

:poopbanaana:
Quote: ... but we are hoping that the new search will take effect before the holiday season.
Signs053 Boo
[quote author=stardust link=topic=2632.msg14929#msg14929 date=1148531309]
:poopbanaana:
Quote: ... but we are hoping that the new search will take effect before the holiday season.
Signs053 Boo
[/quote]

Yup, roll out new carp before the holidays.  Morons!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9