TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:They've introduced three new features recently - expanded store searches, expanded categories, and the listing frame.   Two don't work and they are discontinuing the one that does. 

The expanded store search helped about 50% of store sellers and hurt, or was neutral for, the other half.  The lack of gallery pictures and the huge number of listings in many searches was a negative for buyers.
fucking weenie sucking piece of shit boinktards.  (I had to edit that, the C word isn't filtered  ;D)

My store traffic has been much better since the change, and my sales have turned from expensive fixed price to cheap store inventory (was always 80-90% FP, now it's almost ALL store items - which is OK for me even with the FVF, since my stuff tends to sit a while)

(I had to edit that, the C word isn't filtered)
I hated it as a buyer.  (I HATE getting 800 results to a search.)  As a seller,  I was in the neutral category. 

But at least it sorta kinda worked the way it was supposed to work.  The idea may have been flawed, but eBay was able to implement it. 

Of course, you'd kinda sorta think they'd give a bit more thought to the IDEAS before they started making major system wide changes on the site. 
I was surprised because I don't think I've ever seen ebay do something like that!  But maybe I am wrong.  
Not to mention that it seems to have educated people about stores - I had a real nice multiple sale yesterday.  I can count the number of times up until now, that I've had buyers buy multiples, just using my ten fingers, since few of my buyers 'get' the store idea.

Think about it.

They made this global system wide change to the search function.  Now, a month or two later, they're making another global system wide to the search function to change it BACK to the way it was.

So all they've accomplished along the way is to piss off sellers like dnc_ont.

Smileykoolaid
And now buyers that are USED to it (store items showing), they are going to do regular searches and think they're seeing everything available, and not even BOTHER going to look in Stores.
That's true. 

The BBL should be interesting this week. 
[quote author=diger7 link=topic=2632.msg11542#msg11542 date=1143588149]
I was surprised because I don't think I've ever seen ebay do something like that!  But maybe I am wrong.  
[/quote]

You're wrong:  October--"Free is not a business model"--December--"Free is a business model"  Icon_biggrin

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2632.msg11546#msg11546 date=1143588592]
That's true. 

The BBL should be interesting this week. 
[/quote]

That is, as long as they don't change the date again and nobody notices  :Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9