TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yup.  It's just very nicely written.  Reminds me of minibeesknees dissertations.  I've always enjoyed those.....

What a train wreck.  Hey.  WHERE'S A NEW WAGGLEPOP??  Boy, another opportunity missed...  Sad

:o
Quote: I could have added one year and went to college. I could have spent that time with my family. I could have watched the sun come up and heard the birds sing. Will I regret the wasted time, when my ailing father passes. I had lost that time spent in rediculous land of dreams.

Beautifully written.

Quote:I only bare my guts to those that may avoid the trap if they believe what I write.

The reason why many of us stayed on the boards even after awakening from the ridiculous land of dreams.

Quote:And always, God bless to those wonderful friends that I have met here on Ebay.

This gal speaks from the heart. Ebay will miss people like her.

About the reversal, it's funny that I came out in support of this program on a thread on the Stores board. I thought, although greatly flawed, the expanded search was a step in the right direction. Actually had me contemplating (if only for a moment) a possible ray of hope for ebay as a viable marketplace oncce again. When I saw the reversal, I was truly shocked. And I thought that nothing ebay could possibly do would ever shock me again.  :o

Bottom line, they never wanted stores to be too successful, and this search was threatening to make stores successful. They want sellers just to break even with stores. A profitable store is a threat to their mainstream revenue.

~Bob
Quote:Bottom line, they never wanted stores to be too successful, and this search was threatening to make stores successful.

The new search killed their fixed price format which is why they were forced to run so many fixed-price only 10 cent sales in the US and Canada
:o  Looky here!  We have a new reply format!! -- mit a fun, new SMILEY!!

I never understood the Fixed Price format, anyway.  It's redundant to stores.

edit:  HEY!  The big eyes smiley didn't come up right!  >Sad
Change back to old search effective today:

Quote:***Updated: From Chris Tsakalakis – Update on Store Inventory Listings in Search Results*** 

April 06, 2006 | 02:05PM PST/PT

As mentioned in Chris Tsakalakis’ letter directly below, we are going to return search to the way it was in early February. The rollback of Store Inventory listings in search results will begin today for eBay.com, and will take several more days to complete. Going forward, we’ll be testing new ways to increase exposure for Store Inventory listings, while working to avoid the unintended consequences caused by our original attempt.

As before, Store Inventory listings will continue to appear when 30 or fewer Auction-Style or Fixed Price listings appear in a buyer’s search. Buyers who wish to broaden their search results with all Store Inventory listings will be able to do so by selecting a new box in the Search Options area on the search results page.

Full details about this change can be found in our FAQ.
They acted quickly.
They were losing money. 
It takes 6 months to change a line in the UID form letter but this they can *fix* in days.  Because they were losing money.
There'll be a glitch and auction items will be removed from search results.  Happy001
Hooooooooo............... :o  Now THAT would be a sight to see!  ;D
Removing store items from search won't have any affect on sellers if they use the magic all-powerful best offer feature which is guaranteed to double/triple your sales.  Angel1

*shuts up*
*crawls back into the corner*

Quote:It takes 6 months to change a line in the UID form letter but this they can *fix* in days.  Because they were losing money.

Money is the entire reason eBay Stores listings always have been, and always will be, second class citizens on the eBay site.  I have no idea why eBay didn't stop to think that many sellers would switch from auction/fixed price fromat to stores format if the stores format started getting more exposure, but the search reversal makes it clear they didn't think about it before integrating stores into the main search. 

The exposure the eBay Stores platform receives will be taking another hit soon from something called eBay Express...on the bright side, eBay Stores haven't been put in the dungeon with Half.com...yet.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9