TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Store Owners Get Screwed by Bill Cobb! Stores Fee Hike Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4456.msg18022#msg18022 date=1153342644]
Would this would be an appropriate thread to put the all
offending "ebay guy" DOING the sheep?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/x...10a8fe.gif
[/quote]

Damn there goes my income stream. XPP is giving the photo away for free.  I bought a vacation home in the Bahamas with my share of the money I earned from charging people for copies of that photo.  I was hoping to buy a second home on the Riviera. Guess not.
And the line about the current store listing fee not covering the actual costs of hosting the listing. .. that's total BS isn't it?  I mean, on my itty bitty hosting account, I could cover store listings for 2 cents a month.
Half.com Listings Added to eBay.com Search Results
I recognize that sellers in the Books, Movies, Music and Video Games categories will have unique challenges with the changes we're making. As many of our media sellers have requested, starting in late August we'll again provide visibility for Half.com listings in core search results, by bringing back the Half.com listings merchandising feature we used previously (click here for an example). We're also exploring additional ways to promote Half.com listings in search results on both eBay.com and eBay Express.

Well, at least they realize that they've totally priced eBay stores out of the market for media sellers. 
This is huge. FVF aside (because nobody's selling anyway) the listing fees up to $25 are a 250% jump and above that are a 500% jump. YEOW! Pompoms anyone?
Quote:We've tested several alternatives and these tests showed the ideal approach is how we're doing it today – that is, when a buyer's search returns 30 or less core listings, we display up to 30 Store Inventory listings. This is what we'll stick with going forward.

However, starting in about a month, we'll also include an unlimited number of Store Inventory listings after all matching core listings, when the buyer clicks the Buy It Now listings tab at the top of every search results page. When the buyer hasn't selected this option, eBay.com will display Store Inventory listings along with core listings as described above.

Sooo a huge fee increase basically little hardly any increase in exposure for store listings because most buyers won't bother clicking the buy it now tab.

How nice.  I got a voice mail from Darlene letting me know about the fee hike.
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4456.msg18035#msg18035 date=1153344201]
Half.com Listings Added to eBay.com Search Results
I recognize that sellers in the Books, Movies, Music and Video Games categories will have unique challenges with the changes we're making. As many of our media sellers have requested, starting in late August we'll again provide visibility for Half.com listings in core search results, by bringing back the Half.com listings merchandising feature we used previously (click here for an example). We're also exploring additional ways to promote Half.com listings in search results on both eBay.com and eBay Express.

Well, at least they realize that they've totally priced eBay stores out of the market for media sellers. 
[/quote]

I've been listening to the conference call and just looked at the actual fee hikes now. Eeek.

No boinking way can media sellers afford to pay those increased fees.

There's an overview page of the listing visibility changes here:

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/announcement2....html#half
Bill Cobb sez:
Quote:Core listings (auction-style, auction-style with Buy It Now, and Fixed Price) deliver the signature eBay buying experience. For sellers, they're the fastest way to sell inventory on the Internet – the only place where items typically sell within about two weeks.

Yeah, in your dreams.
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4456.msg18038#msg18038 date=1153344756]
How nice.  I got a voice mail from Darlene letting me know about the fee hike.
[/quote]

I got the same voice mail from Darlene and I don't even have a store.  Happy001
And I was feeling so special. 

It will be interesting to see how many media sellers remain/keep stores open on the dot com after the fee hike. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10