TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Store Owners Get Screwed by Bill Cobb! Stores Fee Hike Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4456.msg18042#msg18042 date=1153345149]
It will be interesting to see how many media sellers remain/keep stores open on the dot com after the fee hike. 
[/quote]

We definitely won't be reopening ours.

Sudden thought: it seems odd that the No-PayPal Allowed Half.com listings will show on the main site.  I wonder if eBay will introduce PayPal as a payment option on the Half site...or even worse, eventually switch Half to a PayPal only cart like Express.
As expected, some sellers on the stores board are already trying to figure out how to grin & bare it. I can't even sympathize with those folks. I would like to slap them though.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4456.msg18045#msg18045 date=1153346165]
As expected, some sellers on the stores board are already trying to figure out how to grin & bare it. I can't even sympathize with those folks. I would like to slap them though.
[/quote]

Don't forget the ones who want to boycott ebay for a day. That'll show 'em!
Quote:Don't forget the ones who want to boycott ebay for a day. That'll show 'em!

Laughing4
All the increased stores fees are going to be used to *buy back* the low-priced stock right now.  Gee. 
I guess it doesn't matter that much as I am in the process of migrating away from my eBay store anyway (as soon as they introduced Express it was clear to me that their store strategy was changing--why they did the SIF in search I don't know  Icon_scratch), but I'm wondering if I should use eBay differently to drive customers to my site based on this increase.

I wonder if auction counts will sky rocket?? I was actually thinking about running some as ads. (I'm such a baby though I hate having to ship my advertisements when they sell low).

I've been putting all new stuff on my site. I'm just wondering if I should pare down inventory in my eBay store just on principle and keep only the items that might come up in the less than 30 deal. Or maybe I'll do nothing  Icon_geek and continue working on my site.

I never was on any boards with hard core high volume /high shipping eBay auction sellers until recently. They seem to distain stores so I guess they will be happy-unless the auction counts soar due to desperate store sellers.  :popcorneaters: Kim
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=4456.msg18067#msg18067 date=1153349511]I wonder if auction counts will sky rocket?? [/quote]

No way. Stores flourished because auctions got way too expensive, and stores gave people a way to "stay connected" to ebay while providing a place to store their crap. The mass migration this time will be out the door (IMO).
xpp and bob,'

At least we are attempting to do something rather than laughing when so many will be severely impacted financially. Nono

So there. Wink
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4456.msg18073#msg18073 date=1153350533]
xpp and bob,'

At least we are attempting to do something rather than laughing when so many will be severely impacted financially. Nono

So there. Wink
[/quote]

The biggest impact will be on people who are already losing money. At least this will finally put them out of their misery and allow them to move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10