TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Store Owners Get Screwed by Bill Cobb! Stores Fee Hike Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quote:If you're going to boycott eBay for a day you should use that day to develop a plan that will allow you to start permanently decreasing your reliance on eBay.

Exactly! I have been all over the stores board trying to get this point across. Sadly, in many cases it is not being heard. Some of them just don't seem to even WANT to get it. It's like an addiction.  :o
I got an email from Darlene offering to chat via telephone about this.  I told her I didn't see the point ... we can chat all we'd like but that won't change the numbers.    and the numbers don't work for me with the new fees. 
A couple of thoughts on this:

1) Whatever you do, do not accept Paypal at your website. get a merchant account, look into Google checkout, whatever but do not feed the monster.

2) If you list on eBay and have a merchant account, do not offer Paypal as a payment option.

3) I am tempted to run some low-price fixed price auctions with their 20 cent listing fee special and put a flyer into the box explaining that we will cease trading on eBay in September due to the price increases and reminding them that ALL of our items are listed at our web site (and usually at a lower cost).

Bob
Quote:3) I am tempted to run some low-price fixed price auctions with their 20 cent listing fee special and put a flyer into the box explaining that we will cease trading on eBay in September due to the price increases and reminding them that ALL of our items are listed at our web site (and usually at a lower cost).

I probably wouldn't mention the fee increase because most buyers won't care.  Sad

I would put a flyer or coupon in the box though offering them a discount of xx% off their next purchase from your website.  That's one of the things we did to migrate customers off eBay in 2003/4 and it works very well.  Smile
Ebay boards quote.

Quote:I just got off the phone with an ebay poweseller rep. after going thru my speech on how this will bankrupt us she admitted that ebay anticipated this reaction, that ebay realized a certain percentage of sellers would leave ebay, and that in the long run the equilation of auctions & store items would benifit ebay!

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000181965&tstart=0
I was wondering how this would affect some of the mega sellers like Jayandmarie.
But, I checked their listings and they don't run store format listings.    So, in 2006, eBay lowered their listing fees yet again down to 20 cents AND effectively killed off Stores for other CD sellers, eliminating much of their competition.    At least somebody is happy with the fee increase.
I grabbed this post by an irate storeowner off the stores board because I didn't think it would be there the next time I looked Smile

Quote:OK ebay- pink slap, b.itch slap, nail-me-from-behind-and-slap THIS.
I'm done with you assholes screwing us- the ones who made you soooo freaking rich.
Take your internet reselling monopoly to freaking China(where your customer service is)and stay there until the day comes when we take arms and re-educate or tick-tick your asses back to reality.
Suspend me- expel me- BLOW ME!
I've given way too much money to you assholes to care anymore. I will gladly throw away 1200+ transactions and 100% positive feedback just to tell you how much you suck.
The great sucking sound wasn't from Mexico because of NAFTA- it was from ebay sucking us dry...and the suck just increased.
Thanks ebay- you've sucked me dry- go suck China.
Suck on ebay!!!

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000182193&tstart=0
[quote author=amy link=topic=4456.msg18125#msg18125 date=1153366880]
I grabbed this post by an irate storeowner off the stores board because I didn't think it would be there the next time I looked Smile

I'm done with you assholes screwing us- the ones who made you soooo freaking rich.
Take your internet reselling monopoly to freaking China(where your customer service is)and stay there until the day comes when we take arms and re-educate or tick-tick your asses back to reality.
I've given way too much money to you assholes to care anymore. I will gladly throw away 1200+ transactions and 100% positive feedback just to tell you how much you suck.
The great sucking sound wasn't from Mexico because of NAFTA- it was from ebay sucking us dry...and the suck just increased.
Suck on ebay!!!

[/quote]

GOOD ONE!!
Boinktardette Nalani/Carole speaks:

Quote:As Bill referenced in his post this afternoon, we did test a variety of alternatives for mingling Store Inventory listings with core listings on eBay.com. The results of those tests showed that we should stick with limiting the exposure of Store Inventory listings. I understand that this may not have been the result that you hoped for, but I can assure you that the testing did occur.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000321563&tstart=0
[quote author=amy link=topic=4456.msg18125#msg18125 date=1153366880]

Suck on ebay!!!

[/quote]at last count, that poster has received 11 pinkslaps today - lol!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10