TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Store Owners Get Screwed by Bill Cobb! Stores Fee Hike Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quote:The biggest impact will be on people who are already losing money. At least this will finally put them out of their misery and allow them to move on.

You may be right. But, what about those who want to stay? Would it be better to just hold onto the rage they are feeling?
Read it here because it will disappear there (stores board):

Quote:Store Fees being raised is PROOF eBay are GREEDY BASTARDS!  
webpagesales  (2732 )   View Listings | Report  Jul-19-06 16:19 PDT  
PURE AND SIMPLE EBAY ARE GREEDY BASTARDS NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS IT IS PURE GREED FROM EBAY  

Toothy9
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4456.msg18081#msg18081 date=1153351486]You may be right. But, what about those who want to stay? Would it be better to just hold onto the rage they are feeling?
[/quote]

Yep, swallow it whole.
Quote:You may be right. But, what about those who want to stay?

Bob's right..
I would add: Be prepared to take it anyway they want to give IT to you.

And Pay them handsomely for the pleasure.  Laughing7
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4456.msg18083#msg18083 date=1153351678]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4456.msg18081#msg18081 date=1153351486]You may be right. But, what about those who want to stay? Would it be better to just hold onto the rage they are feeling?
[/quote]

Yep, swallow it whole.
[/quote]

Or use the rage to fuel a desire and a plan to get away from Ebay and take back your life.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4456.msg18088#msg18088 date=1153353573]
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4456.msg18083#msg18083 date=1153351678]
[/quote]

Yep, swallow it whole.
[/quote]

Or use the rage to fuel a desire and a plan to get away from Ebay and take back your life.
[/quote]

If you're going to boycott eBay for a day you should use that day to develop a plan that will allow you to start permanently decreasing your reliance on eBay.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4456.msg18022#msg18022 date=1153342644]
Would this would be an appropriate thread to put the all
offending "ebay guy" DOING the sheep?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/x...10a8fe.gif
[/quote]

NO this is not the right place for that crap. You are so disgusting.
okay, I want to clarify a thing or two.

First, I am probably going to close my store. I could care less what ebay does or doesn't do on a personal level----I don't need them.

2nd, I agree, a boycott of one day is probably worthless.

Having considered everyone's stated opinions, I think it might be better to try to help steer them towards their own websites, or other selling venues(as Amy and Bargain have been trying to do for a long time).

I would like to  modify the Boycott thread to be about helping store sellers survive and move on. The problem is, I am pretty clueless myself. Would you all be willing to help if we turn it in to a different sort of thread? ONe that will help people to get away from their reliance on  ebay? I suspect TT will  be getting at least a few new members out of this (while I get another pink slap ;D) and they will be looking for help.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww XP, I just saw that sheep again. That thing makes me nauseous. YUCK! Tongue2
Quote:The biggest impact will be on people who are already losing money. At least this will finally put them out of their misery and allow them to move on.

The only only way I could turn a profit on eBay sales after August 22nd would be to let one of my employees go.  I won't do that.  Today I'm 50% Website, 30% Ebay, 20% Overstock.  That 30% is going way down soon.  Ebay will be under 10% by Christmas.  Smileytongueout
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10