TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Do Self-promoting posts by designers on eBay boards discourage website creation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Phillip, according to a reliable source and your own posts before they were self-deleted today, you are apparently still obsessed with me.

I am so flattered, really. But, I have to ask............do you not have any kind of a life in the real world? Is this it?

Maybe some plastic surgery............you know, to add to " Little Richard".  Laughing4

JEWELRY COLLECTIBLES:

You are in no way qualified to charge the $ you do for your unqualified advice.

ANd, ZERO sales in 30 days does NOT bode well for your shills.

Quote:And who wants to get their business plan from someone whose own business plan seems to strongly consist of spamming?

Not to mention that she has had ZERO sales in her own store in the past 30 days. :Smile
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4674.msg24287#msg24287 date=1158956064]
I am beginning to see why so many of the stores boardies think it is perfectly OK to shamelessly promote yourself.

(1) They wish that they had the nerve themselves since many can't get a sale without posting to the boards. If selling to each other is ALL that you've got, you need a new plan.

(2) They appreciate the self-promotion by some designers and so-called SEO experts because they are too friggin' lazy to do the work themselves and are looking for a magic bullet to do it for them. So you see some of them saying "hey! I would pay for that service."

IMO, there is nothing wrong with getting yourself out there via message boards to be seen but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Pretending to be helpful for the sole purpose of drumming up business is crossing the line.

And who wants to get their business plan from someone whose own business plan seems to strongly consist of spamming?
[/quote]

Ditto there.

I just read that umm Spam ladies "Basic Elements of a Business Plan"

She's got some good points but the whole thing is all there to SELF PROMOTE.
Besides if anyone should be reading that it should be Meg and Bill.

Now what do you think they would say?
Oh wait she probably works for them huh?

See I haven't followed the SB like you guys have but when I see BS
like this it makes me want to  Puke

Her whole premise is to get to this REAL point below
and her last two "statements tells it all IMO

Quote:If you choose to hire (hint hint) someone to do this for you,
ask as many questions as you need to until you are comfortable.

They should provide you with clear, detailed answers, demonstrating genuine expertise and experience, as well as answer you in a timely manner and in a courteous fashion. They should always provide answers in writing (email) as well as provide you with client testimonials that you can contact independently should you feel it necessary. Go with your gut instinct, not with trendy, quick answers. They should provide you with excellent customer service before you hire them. (me)

MY bussiness plan NEVER included giving ebay or anyone, more money for less
control of my biz.  :Smile

Hey can I go in there and talk about the joys of wood and umm maybe someone will
see how helpful I am and buy from me?
Quote:spin-does-not-equal-truth  (13 )  View Listings | Report  Sep-22-06 13:25 PDT  39 of 39
Bargainbloodhound, THANK YOU!

you know, it always amazes me how rarely he and Amy get thanked on that board.

People are really delusional----not to mention poor judges of character.  Iamwithstupid

Quote:you know, it always amazes me how rarely he and Amy get thanked on that board.

People are really delusional----not to mention poor judges of character.

They rarely thank me either...more like ignore or insult me.  Laughing7

And I have NEVER helped anyone with the sole purpose of promoting my business or my products, unlike the self-promoters mentioned in this thread.

Don't these stupid people ever notice that these self-proclaimed experts ONLY show up on the board to start a thread which will get them noticed? Where is their "help" on a daily basis??

Puke
Quote:They rarely thank me either...more like ignore or insult me.

Same here when I was there. And I defended everyone, pretty much. Oh well.

Quote:Don't these stupid people ever notice that these self-proclaimed experts ONLY show up on the board to start a thread which will get them noticed? Where is their "help" on a daily basis??

You already answered yourself. Laughing4
You know as I said I'm no big SB board guy
but will admit I have lurked there quite often over the years.

What I'm noticing is that a lot of different people with pretty decent FB are posting now as if they came out of the woodwork.

Most posters there NOW, I've never seen there before.
If most are like me. I NEVER went to the boards because I never knew they existed.
I guess I was too busy doing my thing to even notice or explore what the "Community"
link was all about.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think we are seeing so many new posters because THEY ARE having problems and slow to no sales and are there for a few different reasons.

a) To try and find out what's going on (why are my sales tanking)
b) There to vent because of their slow or no sales are hurting them.
c) To try and drum up biz for themselves (and get noticed by someone) because of slow or no sales.

Busted? HE is delusional. Happy001

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000356579&tstart=0&mod=1158959054881
Quote:c) To try and drum up biz for themselves (and get noticed by someone) because of slow or no sales.

Yep! I saw one there today who has been hiding out in the SRG of late. When I saw her post, I said to myself, "Business is slow for her and out from under her rock she slithers."  Big Grin

No wonder they don't want to leave Ebay. Without the boards, they would have no business at all. That doesn't say much for their faith in themselves, does it?  Tongue3
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4674.msg24297#msg24297 date=1158959478]
Busted? HE is delusional. Happy001

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000356579&tstart=0&mod=1158959054881
[/quote]

Aw, c'mon. It makes him feel special.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24