TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Do Self-promoting posts by designers on eBay boards discourage website creation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
XPP - my hero  Love4 I do appreciate your concern for the little guy. It's great!

Yes, her posts are still flying high--and if they aren't she'll bump them.

Thanks Belle. Thanks BBH for posting this so I could vent. I see you learned your polling technique from ebay  Happy001 Kim
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4674.msg19964#msg19964 date=1154977250]
Umm is the thread still up over there?  >Sad
[/quote]

Yep. And I am not normally a report button pusher but in this case I made an exception. If I got slapped for saying shoppal then so should she, especially when it is right in the damned title.  Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire

Edited to add: She really set me off when she made someone cry!  Tongue2
Cranky- Good job. Kim
Anyone care to give a hint as to who you are talking about or what post?
Got it.  Thanks!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4674.msg19977#msg19977 date=1154988926]
Got it.  Thanks!
[/quote]

You're welcome. Smile
OHHH this is a tough one for me to answer :blinkie:

So what I will contribute, I in the past few weeks I have installed for FREE several websites for people.  I use to charge just to do the install, but I have that as a free otpion on my website.

And I will continue to offer free instalation of Cre-loaded to anyone that asks
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=4674.msg19993#msg19993 date=1154996140]
OHHH this is a tough one for me to answer :blinkie:

So what I will contribute, I in the past few weeks I have installed for FREE several websites for people.  I use to charge just to do the install, but I have that as a free otpion on my website.

And I will continue to offer free instalation of Cre-loaded to anyone that asks
[/quote]

Kirk,
Do you think that the OP of the thread we are discussing would install ANYTHING for free???

Personally, I don't. I have also seen you make logos and so forth without charging.And, you don't (to my knowledge) discourage people from trying to do it themselves.

The posts of this person take it to a whole other level, IMO.
I have talked on the phone with the OP. When they first started out on eBay, I pointed out a few things they were doing in their store that was against eBay rules.  They are actually nice people, it is a husband and wife team.
Quote:They are actually nice people, it is a husband and wife team.

Maybe in real life she IS nice but I personally think she has done some unexcusable damage on the stores board.

People are feeling upset and wanting to take back control of their lives and businesses after Ebay has already made them feel like shit and she didn't help. Her intent may have been to help but it didn't work out that way. She just discouraged some already beaten down folks and, when it was pointed out to her, she did nothing to fix it except to trash those who pointed it out. (And suck up to those who took her side.)

Just another one of the passive-aggressive personalities on that board.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24