TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Do Self-promoting posts by designers on eBay boards discourage website creation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
I could resist no longer...I posted on Miriam's ( solaswebdesign )thread  Angel1
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4674.msg20092#msg20092 date=1155076133]
I could resist no longer...I posted on Miriam's ( solaswebdesign )thread   Angel1
[/quote]

Smileyfencing

Any bets on who has the sharper sword?  Happy001
Quote:bargainbloodhoundcollectibles  (5046 ) View Listings | Report  Aug-08-06 15:03 PDT  39 of 39
But, fortunately, you can use that article to see if it's hitting or missing the mark in terms of SEO issues.

You could also ask some of the selleers who are doing very well with sales (and with getting their pages indexed in search engines) at the very same sites that Miriam is recommending aginst people using. I know 2 people who were shooting star gold powersellers on eBay who are now 100% website based and using "template" sites--their website sales exceed what they were making on eBay and they do rank well in search engines.

It is possible to start and run a successful website withou wasting money on the services of overpriced self-promoting designers and so-called "seo experts".

Just like eBay is trying to sell you a product and so doesn't tell you the whole truth, the self-promoting designers and seo experts are also trying to sell a product (their services) don't tell you the whole truth about what it takes to run a successful website and have your site rank well in Google searches.

See Ya At eBay Live 2007!!!

Quote:Any bets on who has the sharper sword?  happy001

Bbh  01 
SWD  00

Happy001
Quote:Bbh  01 
SWD  00

Ms. Sanctimonious doesn't stand a chance.  Whip2
This is my Favorite part. Happy001

Quote:It is possible to start and run a successful website withou wasting money on the services of overpriced self-promoting designers and so-called "seo experts".
YAY BBH  Transport012 I was thrilled to see it! That "template review" (that Cranky pointed out actually made someone cry) is far more damaging than the Shoppal one in which she admited it might be possible to make some money with it--but she's want to talk to the sellers in 3 years. (Maybe she should talk to Magnet Valley who does 1/2 million a year on Shoppal now).

If it wasn't for BBH, XPP, Cobaltlady (on OTWA), Mike (Solid Color Ties) and many others I might have believed her. Unfortunately the ones left hanging on at eBay probably will believe her.

She also slammed the cheesy look of some Shoppal stores. They funny thing is I know of several big sellers who's have very successful sites and they are not fancy at all. In fact I think Miriam's sites show a marked lack of experience in the actually selling of a produt. Too many words. I'm amazed at how many people don't read (I just answered a question from a buyer wanting to know how big a plate was--that said 8" first thing in the description).

Anyway THANKS BBH!!!! Kim
I grow so tired of messing with all the rock gut board trolls over there.

Don't you guys ever?
:Smile
WTF is this??? The SEO whiz can't navigate eBay??

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000195748&tstart=0&mod=1155081258381

P.S. Don't tell XPP what she is asking about... Could be dangerous  Dazed012
Quote:They funny thing is I know of several big sellers who's have very successful sites and they are not fancy at all.

I know of one very successful ecommerce venue (it's one of the 10 busiest websites in the US) that looks like 1996 revisited.  Hint...it's a classifieds site and the name starts with Cr... Smile

I've also seen a few shooting stars on eBay (including TT's 2 resident shooting stars Maggie and Sneaky) who either don't (didn't in the case of ex-eBayer maggie) use templates in their eBay listings or use very minimal basic templates.

Fancy design work is nice, but in the end it won't do much to improve your sales if you don't know how to sell or have the products people want.

The people like Miriam who are trying to tell people that you have to spend a mini-fortune (to many eBay sellers $400 is a huge amount of money) to build a successful website are full of shit and are discouraging many people from setting up websites. Successful websites can be built with very minimal expense using free open source programs, and the existence of services like ShopPal has made it so even the verrrry computer challenged can build a web store with ease.

[this post will be copied to SB thread also Smile ]
Quote:ShopPal has made it so even the verrrry computer challenged can build a web store with ease

Yeah, my DH even made one. His pictures are still sideways on several of the listings, but he's getting there LOL! Kim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24