TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Favorite Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quote:Go Back    The Ross Show Forums
Reload this Page vBulletin Message

User Name Remember Me?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search

Show Threads  Show Posts
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
vBulletin Message

No board, No problems

We're fine. Really. No problems
Quote:This is what I've learned:

Microsoft must die. Linux, PHP, & MySQL rule. OS X is still OK (in my opinion), but I'm amazed at the power of the open-source Red Hat Fedora Core 6. Disappointed in Ruby on Rails. Don't think it's ripe yet, AND it's overhyped.

mr. o

We told him that 2 years ago :imptongue:

He's finaly seen the light but he has a ways to go:

1.PostgreSQL kicks MySQL's ass (and unlike MySQL it's not owned by a for profit corporation)
2. PHP is nice for web interfaces for low end sites but 90% of PHP "programmers" are incompetent and PHP isn't the best choice for backend operations, or even many enterprise level/heavily trafficked sites. mod_perl beats PHP for many tasks, and so does C
3. We've used RedHat based distros for our own sites for 9 years (currently Fedora Core 4 and CentOS 4.4) but only because we're familiar with it.  Debian is a more stable Linux for web servers (and the non-Linux FreeBSD is even more stable) and Trustix is more secure.  If you want power on a desktop or workstation Gentoo beats Fedora by a mile.

The Bard Wrote:
ph Wrote:Ratting out your conspirators, eh?

exactly.

you ain't gona boinking pin it on me Mike!!

Know that!

&

Know it deep!

:blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie:

Happy001
From "Sex in the City":

Quote:Carrie: How about I read you a little bit of my favorite poetry?
Aleksandr: Please.
Carrie: [Reads from Vogue] "Cocktails at Tiffanys calls for classic charm. Oscar de la Renta sleeveless silk full skirted dress with black patent leather bow belt." Now that is pure poetry.

Laughing7
Happy001

blimbo Wrote:Thing is Jerry is enjoying his coronation party right now. He was every bit as fallible as all humans. But he had an in. He believed in Christ. eg: Everyone in the world may except homosexuality, but gawd dosen't. What got Jerry in trouble was re-iterating what the bible says. It was not politically correct. But Jerry refused to bow to popular opinion. gawd said if you follow me, the world will hate you. Look at the Ross show thread about Falwell to see what I mean. It was JERRY's cross to bear. And although he made his share of human mistakes (nothing compared to King David, or Paul), he believed that Christ was the son of gawd, and died for his sins, so Jerry's last breath on earth was his first breath in heaven. Christ already paid for Jerry's sins, because he loved Jerry. Jerry went to heaven sin free. What I wish for people like Julsey is, we will be judged according to the way we judge others.

:blinkie: Happy001  Toothy2

Other interesting quotes here.

blimbo Wrote:Everyone in the world may except ,

And on the eighth day he said LET THERE BE MORONS and with a snap of his fingers the first boinktard was created.
Quote:And on the eighth day he said LET THERE BE MORONS and with a snap of his fingers the first boinktard was created.

And the boinktard was named "Icy". Happy001 Happy001
Biddies re illegal aliens:

SD Wrote:Two things here:  (1) We will eventually pay the price for being so concerned about terrorist and illegals' rights and not our own safety.  (2) Our neighbors to the south are in the process of retaking California to Texas.  And they won't have to fire a shot.  And that is not a chicken-little statement.  It is known to be a goal of the powers-that-be south of the border.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

PS//I really should nominate this quote for DOTM, but I don't want to give them a link. Tongue3

Edit:
Clueless morons. Puke
reply #13, here.

Quote:Since we're making confessions, I always thought "xpp" man sounded like a former male who had some surgery.

Happy001
Quote:Go ahead make my day.

-Clint Eastwood

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25