TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Biggest OAI Boinktard Auction Site Owner of All Time Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Paging MrPiddles! Paging MrPiddles!

I bought you something for dinner!

Quote: Error!
Could not locate remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.hibidder.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

48 hours and counting.

Yeah, I saw that. Pinged with no response. Checked server status at JaguarPC. One server was having issues but ping received response.

For about 8 mos the index page had an error message 'Remember Me Mod License Key Incorrect' which disappeared 3 - 4 mos ago.

Rich prolly stopped paying for that dedicated server.

One person noticed.  :lol16n:

I guess  cheap a$$holes alternative auction site owners loose interest when their dreams of easy money evaporate because their  customers stop  helping  spam with marketing and managing members.

Quote:I guess  cheap a$$holes alternative auction site owners loose interest when their dreams of easy money evaporate because their  customers stop  helping  spam with marketing and managing members.

HiBidder, Wagglepop, and to a lesser extent Lowbid, supporters were the eBay boards spam champions following eBay's surprise Summer 2006 fee hike.  HiBidder and Wagglepop stopped growing when eBay began cracking down on their spamming in September 2006.

HiBidder trivia: we received almost as many lawsuit threats from HiBidder mods and cheerleaders as we did from the Poppers during 2006/7.  Confusedtolensmiley:
[quote author=mandy link=topic=17545.msg74934#msg74934 date=1250996340]
Quote:I guess  cheap a$$holes alternative auction site owners loose interest when their dreams of easy money evaporate because their  customers stop  helping  spam with marketing and managing members.

HiBidder, Wagglepop, and to a lesser extent Lowbid, supporters were the eBay boards spam champions following eBay's surprise Summer 2006 fee hike.  HiBidder and Wagglepop stopped growing when eBay began cracking down on their spamming in September 2006.

HiBidder trivia: we received almost as many lawsuit threats from HiBidder mods and cheerleaders as we did from the Poppers during 2006/7.  Confusedtolensmiley:
[/quote]

Lawsuit threats? Members making threats on behalf of venues. Then they expect people to take them seriously about anything else they have to say and wonder why some think they're rediculous.

BTW, I checked HiBidder's owners business status w/ the State of Idaho. Rich had HB hooked up w/ his Wholesale Autos of Idaho (Boise) business.

His 2009 Annual Report was due in July. There's a notation that the second notice has been sent by the state.

I also checked the Idaho Statesman for an obituary and found none.

Looks like his customers ceased to provide entertainment...
Wow, you are quite the detective.
Quote:  Lawsuit threats? Members making threats on behalf of venues. Then they expect people to take them seriously about anything else they have to say and wonder why some think they're rediculous.

The lawsuit threats were for libel and business interference.

The HiBidder people had a hard time comprehending that truthful unfavorable negative comments aren't libel --especially when their own words/quotes backup the negative comments.  If someone publicly brags about/admits spamming the eBay boards and reporting posts made by competing auction site cheerleaders it isn't libel when TT members call them a spammer and accuse them of trying to get other sellers banned from the eBay boards.

We also had a couple of emailed libel suit threats from eBay Stores designers who couldn't comprehend that when someone voices an opinion it isn't libel: e.g. - someone posts "designer X is talentless and her templates are overpriced...".

Former auction site owner Jamie also threatened us with a libel suit via an emailed C&D and demanded we remove posts because someone linked to his Amazon and eBay seller profiles and said he peed on his cat.  It wasn't libel because he had publicly bragged about peeing on his cat in retaliation for the cat peeing on his bed.
Why isn't Jamie included in the poll?
Quote: BTW, I checked HiBidder's owners business status w/ the State of Idaho. Rich had HB hooked up w/ his Wholesale Autos of Idaho (Boise) business.

His 2009 Annual Report was due in July. There's a notation that the second notice has been sent by the state.

His auto site autosbywholesale.com which was hosted on the same server as HB is gone too.  The last Google cache snapshot is 8/18
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:aHzm...lesale.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera

His other auction site, Revv-It-Up Nascar Auctions (revv-it-up.com), is also gone.  The site had both a Zen Cart store and a PHP Pro bid powered auction.
zen cart google cache 8/17: http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:Rp8B...-it-up.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera
phpProBid google cache: http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:N8EU...m/auctions&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=opera
Mo's master the fisherman must be glad HB is gone.  HB bought mods from the competition! :blinkie:

Quote: by Rich Esbensen Date Added: Thursday 08 May, 2008

D3MO is the best developer I have ever seen. His mods are fully supported and easy to install! My members love his work!

HiBidder.com
http://www.mods4u.com/product_reviews_in...ucts_id=39&reviews_id=32

Quote:  I checked HiBidder's owners business status w/ the State of Idaho. Rich had HB hooked up w/ his Wholesale Autos of Idaho (Boise) business.

After 2 disgruntled HB contest winners pinged Wholesale's BBB rating Rich decided to invest in separate BBB memberships for HiBidder and Revv-It-Up.  The BBB moved the complaints from Wholesale's report to HB's.  He didn't want the site he called a hobby (HB) damaging his business (wholesale autos) reputation.

The BBB now lists Wholesale, HB, and Revv-it-up as non-accredited.

Quote: This business's BBBOnLine participation has lapsed for one of the following reasons:

Non-payment of the annual BBBOnLine license fee or BBB Accreditation dues;

Failure by the business to maintain its BBB Accreditation, or abide by the program standards or dispute resolution requirements of the BBBOnLine program

HiBidder's BBB seal https://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/cks....1211113943.

Quote: Why isn't Jamie included in the poll?

I was afraid that if I pissed him off he'd pee on me.  Confusedheep5:  Happy001
cliff notes version of Rho, Regi, and Sneaky's last posts:

Richie's empire suffered a great fall, HB is bye bye forever. 7 or 11 is probably next on Richie's to do list

(note: when I say 7 or 11 I don't mean the 7-11 store)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13