TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Sellers! Voice! Concerns! About! eBay Express!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Oh I'd like it too.
If the ebay brand was no where to be seen.

Lets face it.
The eyeballs are not on ebay like they used to be for obvious reasons.
I still contend that even more people now than ever before
simply perceive ebay as a fraud / scammers haven and avoid the site
for online purchases.

So what will Express bring to the market to change that already tarnished public perception?

I also think 99 cent auctions will still be there
and the categories will still be over saturated.

I also think the confusion will even be higher
amongst any buyers when they "check out" with 8 widgets from
8 different sellers totaling $32.95 and their shipping is $67.50.  :blinkie:

How many will be abandoning these shopping carts is yet to be seen.

Then there is that little thing of non registered buyers able to leave you a neg
should you decide to "decline" their PP payment because they are unconfirmed
and one would not rather take the risk of giving the product away.

I guess time will tell, but at this point I do still see it as a train wreck waiting to happen.

I think I said it before somewhere but I'll say it again.

Wife is surfing the net to buy some products.
Comes across eBay Express and says:
"hey honey it's not ebay it's ebay express so IT's got to be all good".

I just don't see this project converting those consumers who
don't shop ebay anymore or never did with a name change and some
so called "ebay proclaimed" streamlined check out feature.

I do see scammers lining up to rip off sellers and I see many sellers
using the fixed price format (that they may have not used before)
that COST them more in up front fees to list just to try it out.

At the end of the day I see ebay still being able to pull out record profits
while their sellers (as they refer to use), are further exposed to more fraud
and risk just to play the game.
Gawsh Xppman - I agree with most of your post... One (or both) of us must have gotten into the          Smileykoolaid    "Tastes great"

[quote author=xppman link=topic=2247.msg11343#msg11343 date=1143215015]
Oh I'd like it too.
If the ebay brand was no where to be seen.
[/quote]A really good point. Rather than ride on the Ebay name, have it be a different site - with Ebay's advertising clout but not the baggage. Those who already use eBay will know it is the same company, but those who have been burned will be more likely to give it a chance. The bit about it being aimed at selling more to existing Ebay customers sounds like internal power struggles to me.
Quote:Lets face it.
The eyeballs are not on ebay like they used to be for obvious reasons.
I still contend that even more people now than ever before
simply perceive ebay as a fraud / scammers haven and avoid the site
for online purchases.
Every person I speak to about eBay is either
A). a seller themselves, or
b). has a horror story about a friend or themselves being ripped off for big money by sellers that do not ship.
Quote:I also think 99 cent auctions will still be there
there won't be auctions, but people can list an unlimited number of duplicate store lots, so likely...
Quote:the categories will still be over saturated.

I also think the confusion will even be higher
amongst any buyers when they "check out" with 8 widgets from
8 different sellers totaling $32.95 and their shipping is $67.50.  :blinkie:
Trying to use ebay checkout with more than one item from the same seller bought some time apart - if it is possible it is beyond my ability. I am impressed that my customers manage somehow. I just got two screens SCREAMING at me that I have to raise my bid - even though the auction was over and I had won it.    Icon_scratch
Quote:How many will be abandoning these shopping carts is yet to be seen.
Someone tried to get them to give us this information during the brown bag - no  go. May have been Katiana - I know she tried to get them identify which sales are express - also no go.
Quote:Then there is that little thing of non registered buyers able to leave you a neg
should you decide to "decline" their PP payment because they are unconfirmed
and one would not rather take the risk of giving the product away.
I do not know what to think of this one. It does seem that express is no more vunerable to chargebacks than an ordinary merchant account, feedback aside. Do crooks leave neg feedback? I doubt it. Do honest people feel rejected and neg you? Probably.
Quote:I guess time will tell, but at this point I do still see it as a train wreck waiting to happen.
What occurs to me as I write this is that the main enemy of express could well be eBay itself --- the same internal jealosy that keeps stores as second-class players may doom express to the shadows, rather than being a major competitor to Overstock, which eBay certainly could create if it had a mind to.
Quote:I think I said it before somewhere but I'll say it again...
But there is no need to quote it again.    Wave
We will all just have to wait and see what pans out on all this.

At this point it don't really matter much to me.
I just want to be there for the entertainment value.
Happy001

So far over the years. Many of us have been dead on or real close
as we analyze the moves of this company called ebay.

Sorry to report but just about EVERY move they have made since
around 2003 have negatively impacted MY sales on their site.

BUT

On the positive side...
All these moves that ebay has and continues to make have
positively impacted my off ebay sales at my website making me more
money and showed me how to learn and "adjust" as needed
to continue to maintain control my business and be viable.

I guess WE should say.

Thank You ebay... We don't say that enough.  Thumbsup

my next  Smileykoolaid cocktail needs a doulbe shot of vodka please.
Quote:***eBay Express Update: Checkout Redirect, Canadian Sellers and an Opt-Out*** 

March 24, 2006 | 12:02PM PST/PT

Hi, this is Chung Cheong from the eBay Express team. We’re getting closer to launching eBay Express! As you've probably heard by now, eBay Express will be a new specialty site that delivers a more conventional shopping experience for buyers. Most of the items on eBay Express will be new items at fixed prices.

Since Bill Cobb first announced that eBay Express would be coming this spring (read A Message from Bill Cobb posted in January), the eBay Express team has been gathering input from members. I'd like to update you on a few points that answer some of the top questions we've received.

Support for Sellers Using Checkout Redirect
If you currently use Checkout Redirect through eBay's API, you need to also use the new Checkout Integration API to have your listings be eligible for eBay Express (assuming you meet the other seller and item eligibility criteria). Buyers who purchase your items through eBay Express will go through the standard checkout process on eBay Express, instead of your custom process. Of course, if they buy from you on eBay.com, they'll be redirected to your custom checkout process as usual.

For more details, check out this post on our Developers Program blog. If you use a third-party service for your checkout process, please contact them to make sure they'll support this feature when it launches in early April.

Limited Canadian Support on eBay Express
Many Canadian sellers have asked whether they will be able to sell items through eBay Express at launch. You will, under certain conditions. If your item is physically located in and shipped from the United States, and your listing is on eBay.com, it will be eligible (again assuming you meet the other seller and item eligibility criteria).

Opt-Out Preference for eBay Express
eBay Express is designed so that sellers whose items qualify will automatically get this additional exposure by default. For sellers who would rather not receive this exposure, we've added an Opt-Out preference in My eBay. Go to your Selling Preferences within My eBay to remove your listings from eBay Express. If you opt out after eBay Express launches, your listings will disappear within a few hours. Also, you can always choose to opt in again later. (Please note that it may take up to 2 weeks for your items to appear in eBay Express after you have opted back in.)

To learn more about the categories that will be supported on eBay Express at launch, please refer to our earlier announcement. Also, as you prepare your listings for inclusion, make sure to check out our seller checklist here and review our updated FAQs.
GLITCH ALERT!

We opted out of eBay Express on our smaller ID (which has a FB rating of 191) BUT there was no need to opt out on the main ID because apparently having a FB over 5000, 99.9% positive, a verified PayPal business account, and selling only store inventory/fixed price since 2004 doesn't qualify for eBay Express:
Quote:You are not qualified to sell on eBay Express at this time.

The first eBay Express glitch and it's not even open yet.  :Smile  Laughing4
It really is amazing how they can continue to find people who can use so many words to say so little.

The one thing that was cleared up in the brown (barf) bag is that buy-it-now is not to be included. Yet the "updated" FAQ still says:

"With the introduction of eBay Express, all Buy It Now listings will still be shown on eBay.com— however a portion of Buy It Now and Stores Inventory Format Listings will also be shown on eBay Express."

They mean "fixed price", but, well .....
All i can say is:
Hide and watch  choo choo.
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=2247.msg11365#msg11365 date=1143252314]
The one thing that was cleared up in the brown (barf) bag is that buy-it-now is not to be included. Yet the "updated" FAQ still says:

"With the introduction of eBay Express, all Buy It Now listings will still be shown on eBay.com— however a portion of Buy It Now and Stores Inventory Format Listings will also be shown on eBay Express."

They mean "fixed price", but, well .....
[/quote]

That is outside my area of expertise and isn't a Stores issue but I would be happy to forward your concerns to the FAQ Experience Team.  :twistedevil:
[quote author=amy link=topic=2247.msg11391#msg11391 date=1143323209]
That is outside my area of expertise and isn't a Stores issue but I would be happy to forward your concerns to the FAQ Experience Team.  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

They have to practice that.    Downtown
I don't qualify to sell on eBay Express either!

Quote:You are not qualified to sell on eBay Express at this time.

But..... my other id, which I haven't used for several months does qualify!

Quote:Include my items on eBay Express
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16