TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Sellers! Voice! Concerns! About! eBay Express!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:the buyer is still the "winner" of the listing

pssst Adam: auction sites have winners, retail sites have buyers  Tongue

The ability to leave feedback on rejected unconfirmed addresses stinks  Tongue2 and so does the use of eBay's verrry limited combined shipping discounts feature:

Quote:You are correct that eBay Express will only be able to offer shipping discounts to buyers for sellers who have configured their combined shipping discounts through the eBay preferences

xppman Wrote:Gee that workshop should be REAL informational

Just like all eBay workshops  Laughing4
I agree with the quote From BusinessWeek:

Quote:In other words, it's an acknowledgment that eBay's just not reaching a significant swath of online buyers who don't want to deal with buying at auctions from individuals whose reputation is far from certain. Its success will depend almost entirely on how well it's executed, naturally--and I think it may require marketing that's fairly distinct from eBay, whose brand can't (and shouldn't) shake the wide-open, flea-market nature of the core marketplace....

Also Like BBH said "The inability to have buyers pay through my merchant account is the main reason I'm not planning on using it either."

I also like
Quote:Auctionbytes survey of 2 ebay users

Auctionbytesme is just another ebay Spin Mill. Well most of the time.
There boards are "seeded" as well and I can't believe they don't know it or see it.

=========

Half Shops are featuring mombocom and totalcampus.com?
OMFG

NARU'd from ebay. Boy that sure says a lot about ebay's "Safe Harbor and Trust and Safety depts. huh?

The quality of the sellers on Express isn't going to be anything to write home about, either.

Who is it, BBH (or anyone else), that's made an art for out of mutual feedback withdrawals??  I tried to find it and look. 

I'll bet some of thier "top sellers" with less than 98 FB will find a way to be their.
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2247.msg8205#msg8205 date=1138028294]
The quality of the sellers on Express isn't going to be anything to write home about, either.

Who is it, BBH (or anyone else), that's made an art for out of mutual feedback withdrawals??   I tried to find it and look.   [/quote]

AdamHersh  ...by the time I finish this post he'll probably have 2800 mutual withdrawals
That's it!

Didn't eBay just start the mutual withdrawal thing fairly recently?  How many is he racking up per day? 

It seems like . . . if eBay gave a shit . . . they'd impose some sort of maximum limit, i.e. you can't request a withdrawal on more than 1% of your feedback received in a given day/week/month.    Otherwise, as he proves, the feedback numbers are meaningless.

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2247.msg8214#msg8214 date=1138029834]
That's it!

Didn't eBay just start the mutual withdrawal thing fairly recently?  How many is he racking up per day? 

It seems like . . . if eBay gave a wombat poo poo . . . they'd impose some sort of maximum limit, i.e. you can't request a withdrawal on more than 1% of your feedback received in a given day/week/month.     Otherwise, as he proves, the feedback numbers are meaningless.

[/quote]

I looked in Auctionbytes... it was introduced February 2004.  eBay should do something to stop people from abusing the feature.
His feedback percentage would drop ~ 2.5% (if my math is correct) if those withdrawals counted.

So does eBay ever actually NARU sellers after a certain number if INR complaints? 
Quote:So does eBay ever actually NARU sellers after a certain number if INR complaints?

The magic number depends on your monthly eBay fees.  If you're a small seller the magic number is probably under 10...maybe even under 5 in some cases

eBay has NARU'd 4 sellers with FB ratings over 120,000 in the past year but it took 100s (and in the case of totalcampus 1000s) of INR complaints before eBay did anything.
It's a shame eBay doesn't give a shit about this.  It hurts all sellers.  (And ultimately eBay, even though they apparently can't figure this out.)

A quick scan of his feedback indicates that he sells to a large percentage of newbies.  (Not a huge shock. I certainly wouldn't buy from him!) 

I wonder how many leave eBay for good after getting screwed by him (and the others like him)? 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16