TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Sellers! Voice! Concerns! About! eBay Express!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote author=stardust link=topic=2247.msg12976#msg12976 date=1145930228]
Quote:I'm very proud of all the thought and effort that have gone into delivering what we hope will delight and inspire you.

*cough*  *gag*

Da man has been smokin sumthin funny!...

Puke
[/quote]

Wrong!  Bill Cobb has just limited his recent reading to the eBay Live! board where many of the people would be delighted and inspired even if a real live eBay pink pooped on their head..double delighted if the pink autographed the poop and threw in a free eBay logo piece of toilet paper.  Happy001

Bill Slobb Wrote:eBay staff have been testing and purchasing through eBay Express for several weeks. I've used it to buy a variety of things myself,

...and none of you idiots stopped to think that buyers might be confused when they see sellers with checks and money orders in their TOS, or that the shipping gouging on Express makes it less desirable to buyers than even the lowly Half.com, or that buyers don't want to click 50 times to find an item, or any of the other problems?
Quote:***eBay Express Brown Bag Lunch Event on Friday, May 5th*** 

May 03, 2006 | 03:44PM PST/PT

Hi everyone...this is Chung Cheong and Adam Nash back with an invitation from the eBay Express Team. As Bill Cobb announced recently, eBay Express is now available as a Preview site. For those who aren't already familiar with it, eBay Express is a specialty site that will deliver a new shopping experience for buyers, as well as more exposure for many sellers. In reading your posts and emails, we know many of you are excited about eBay Express and have a lot of questions.

We’d like to help answer many of your questions, and give you more information about eBay Express. We’re inviting everyone to a Brown Bag Lunch event on the eBay Express board on Friday, May 5th from Noon to 1pm PT. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Will popcorn and Kool-Aid be served?

I haven't read the boards that much... but what little I have, I certainly don't get the impression that the "excitement" about Express is positive.
Lots of KoolAid will be available.  Actually, I think it may be mandatory or they'll make your store links go to someone elses store.
The only thing that I'd use one of their brown bags for is to puke in. Puke
So, last week file exhange so that I could get my items to show up in express.  My listings had two greivous sins - I had caps in my paypal address and a custom item location saying "Valdosta, GA" - confusing, eh?  I do the file exhange to change my email address to all lower case and to put my zip code in to the location box thingee.  About 350 of 900 listings actually made it over to express after this effort. 

Unfortunately, eBay apparently hiccupped during this effort, because every freakin' one of my listings was chaged to PayPal only. 

And did I mention I haven't sold ONE FREAKIN' THING on Express?
Quote:And did I mention I haven't sold ONE FREAKIN' THING on Express?

No surprise there.

Yahoo #1 in traffic>links on home page to auctions and classifieds produce no traffic
Amazon>ditto the link on home page producing no traffic for auctions and zshops
eBay>ditto the above for Half and eBay Stores--and now for Express

eBay's traffic is to the auction site.  Why did so many store owners think buyers would go to Express when many still don't know Half or Stores exist?

Well, sucker that I am, and because it bothers me that every freakin' listing I has says I accept MO but now most of them don't actually allow that as an option on checkout, I tried doing file exhange again (uh, it seems the initial MO switcharoo was a coding issue during the file exhange).

But now I keep on getting an unspecified error message.

I should never have even bothered with Express.  I KNEW better.    Dumb Chick.

Does AOB use file exchange to upload to Half?  Fillz uses it.  The only problem we had with File Exchange was signing up--it was another eBay service we "weren't qualified for" ;D

Oh, I guess we do have problems. Smile I just looked on Fillz.  They're having trouble with File Exchange too.

Quote:Dear Sellers,

We identified several instances where Half.com inventory is not displayed properly on Half. This includes the following symptoms:

- The count of active items is off (as much as by 100%)
- Items show as active, but when clicked a message appears that the item is actually ended.
- Items seem duplicated (but again, the item is actually ended).
- Delays of 2+ days in updates
- Inventory snapshots and listing reports showing the above symptoms

If you are experiencing these issues, please let Half.com support know about it. Also, please let us know at xxx so that we can keep track of how many sellers are affected.
Heh . . . I don't know what AOB uses to upload to half.    :Smile

I just list the stuff and pay them a pittance to figure out the details. Smile

AOB is the happiest part of my on line experience.  Great product.  Great staff.  Great customer support.  Great price - I'm almost embarrassed each month when it comes time to pay them.  :-*

Anyway, maybe the problems I'm having are just general file exhange problems now.  I'd ask live help, but since their answers are pretty much always freakin' useless, I'll save myself the trouble and skip that step.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16