TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Sellers! Voice! Concerns! About! eBay Express!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
What bullshit. Forcing PayPal only and offering no protection for sellers

1. no spp
2. same fire sale prices as ebay

Where's the incentive for sellers?

Quote:As it is, over 95% of current US sellers on eBay already choose to accept unconfirmed addresses, which hopefully helps show that the majority of sellers have decided that the business gain of accepting these payments has outweighed the risk.

AND

Quote:On eBay, the vast majority of transactions are made with buyers with confirmed addresses. That said, there will probably be some small number of buyers using unconfirmed addresses.

Icon_scratch

Well if 95% of sellers accept "unconfirmed addresses" and sell to buyers,
even if thier address is unconfirmed.

How is it that "vast majority" of transactions are made with buyers
with confirmed addresses?

More double SPEAK from the minions at feebay me thinks.

You know I what I find amusing?

The PP cheerleaders have been pushing the SPP
for over two years now
and in one fail swoop...
Bill and the new "eBay Express" team have null and void
all their efforts.

SPP BPP? You don't need any STINKING PPP.

PayPal will of course "work" with you to fight chargebacks.

Happy001
Quote:PayPal will of course "work" with you to fight chargebacks.

Yeah and my real name is Mother Theresa  Happy001
This does create new possibilities.

It will be a new way to search Ebay with only stores and fixed price items listed.

When the publicity hits could be big-time exposure for store listings. - How many fixed price listings are there? - not a lot. Are auctions with BIN to be listed? I read somewhere they are not included, but that is not confirmed. So mostly store listings will be what they are offering??? Sounds too good to be true.

Anybody notice that store listings will now show at the end of ALL searches? (at the end, yes, true)
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2247.msg7991#msg7991 date=1137693074]
Quote:Only with the potential to REALLY mess with the core workings *using that term loosely* of the dot com site.

I think it will result in fewer bids on many items and less traffic to eBay Stores.  The introduction of eBay Express and ProStores aren't exactly ringing endorsements by eBay of its eBay Stores platform.
[/quote]

Exactly.
Quote:Are auctions with BIN to be listed?

No, because they're still auctions despite the BIN price.  Only fixed-price format and store inventory items will be included.

Quote:2. same fire sale prices as ebay

The average selling prices on Express will be the same as on eBay.com since Express is just a duplication of eBay's fixed price format/eBay Stores listings.  If you sell in a category on eBay that is dominated by sellers dumping items at below wholesale prices you'll still be in the same situation on Express.  This will be a huge negative for many sellers.

Quote:PayPal only

A huge negative over regular eBay.com listings for both sellers with merchant accounts and for sellers who only accept checks/money orders and don't accept PayPal (and there are a lot of them)

Another question that has yet to be answered is how PayPal will treat multiple item purchases .  Say a buyer checks out and pays for a purchase with a shopping cart that includes 4 items: 1 from Seller A, 1 from Seller B, and 2 items from YOU.  Will PayPal  treat the 2 items from you as 1 transaction or will they be itemized separately and treated as 2 transactions on your PayPal account? If it is treated as 2 separate transactions you'll pay more in PayPal fees.
Ah, an eBay Pink post answered my question in one of her posts on eBay's SellerCentral board.  Sellers do in fact get hit with separate PayPal fees for each item and PayPal stands to make a windfall  *quick someone hand me the eBay sh!t smilie*

Quote:If buyers can pay for multiple items in one transaction, how will merchants get paid?

Merchants get paid individually for each item, even if there are multiple items in the shopping cart.

This example should explain how merchants will get paid on eBay Express. If a buyer uses their shopping cart for three items from three different merchants, the buyer will only enter their payment information once. Once the payment information is entered, three separate PayPal transactions will be immediately made (one for each merchant). If the buyer needed to refer back to her purchase, she would see three separate transactions on her PayPal or credit card account (one transaction associated with each item). This works the exact same way as when you buy items from different sellers on eBay who all take PayPal, and then make one PayPal payment to pay for all of them at once.
More "Pink" confirmation that each item is treated as a separate transaction (and subject to the minimum PayPal fee amounts for each transaction):

Quote:eBay Express charges a buyer’s PayPal account or credit card once for each item in their shopping cart. Sellers get a separate notice and payment for each item, even though a buyer may be buying five items from them at once.

This also means that if a buyer purchases 5 items from you and you ship them together in 1 box you will not be covered by PayPal's seller protection policy.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2247.msg8016#msg8016 date=1137715681]
This also means that if a buyer purchases 5 items from you and you ship them together in 1 box you will not be covered by PayPal's seller protection policy.
[/quote]

Heck you won't be covered anyway if you ship to an unconfirmed address.    Tongue2

But, an extra 30 cents an item for combined transactions.  That should add up to a nice chunk of change for mother eBay.

Not my change, because I am fairly certain I am going to have to sit out this whole little Express experiment . . . .
Another pink just contradicted the other 2 pink responses and said  payments will be per seller and not per item.  The question is which pink response is right.

Quote:Let me clarify how the payments work. It's more accurate to say that on eBay Express, one payment is processed per seller, with rare exceptions.

So in your example, if a buyer has 10 $6 items from a seller in their cart, totalling $60, the seller would see a single payment in PayPal for $60.

This is actually the same as the result you'd see if a buyer used multi-item checkout on eBay today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16