TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay! Sellers! Voice! Concerns! About! eBay Express!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:It's a shame eBay doesn't give a wombat poo poo about this.  It hurts all sellers.

Yep, it definitely hurts all sellers.  That's the reason I pick on certain sellers with 1000s of negatives.  Smile
It appears that our buddy Adam didn't actually have in stock all the items he was listing at auction in November and December and just recently shipped out those OOS orders. 

I guess his month payments to Mother Meg are high enough to cover that *oops* too.    Tongue2
Quote:It appears that our buddy Adam didn't actually have in stock all the items he was listing at auction

Reminds me of more than a few Half and Amazon sellers who list their distributor's entire product list without bothering to check if the wholesaler has/will have the items in stock.

I like the retaliatory negs he leaves his buyers, "We resolve all issues - Buyer well informed still left neg! POOR!"

Funny, but most of the negs left FOR him mention no response to e-mails.
Quote:Funny, but most of the negs left FOR him mention no response to e-mails.

My favorite reply by one of his buyers was "it took him 4 weeks to mail the package but only 5 minutes to leave a retaliatory negative"
Quote:**eBay Express Brown Bag Lunch Event on Thursday, January 26th*** 

January 23, 2006 | 04:22PM PST/PT

Hi everyone...This is Chung Cheong and Adam Nash, and we’re part of the eBay Express team. As Bill Cobb mentioned in his announcement last week, eBay Express is a new specialty site that will deliver a new shopping experience for buyers, as well as more exposure for many sellers – at no additional cost. In reading your posts and emails, we know many of you are excited about eBay Express. We also know that you have a lot of good questions.

We’d like to share more details about eBay Express and help answer many of your questions. We’re inviting everyone to a Brown Bag Lunch event on the Seller Central discussion board on Thursday, January 26th from Noon to 1pm PT. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Chung Cheong and Adam Nash
eBay Express team
Small sellers (anyone who doesn't have a few hundred mall stores Smile ) may want to think about the next paragraph.  The implication is that eBay Express will be a non-competitor if it is dominated by eBay's traditional individual sellers.

Quote:Ebay's strong brand equity could be a competitive threat, depending on whether it continues to sell goods from individuals, which would not be a significant threat to online retailers, or allows traditional distributors, retailers, and outlet sources to participate as sellers, says Leslie Ament, director of customer intelligence research at Aberdeen Group. "Price sensitivity for commodity products drive the majority of online consumers' purchasing decisions. All things being equal...price, brand, shipping timeframe/costs, return policy, or warranty--the Ebay brand may win out. Online retailers would do well to improve intangibles such as customer service, convenience, [and] building a strong relationship with their individual customers to increase loyalty."

full article: http://www.destinationcrm.com/articles/d...cleID=5783
[quote author=mandy link=topic=2247.msg8271#msg8271 date=1138099259]
Small sellers (anyone who doesn't have a few hundred mall stores Smile ) may want to think about the next paragraph.  The implication is that eBay Express will be a non-competitor if it is dominated by eBay's traditional individual sellers.[/quote]

I'd probably agree,  and I think eventually eBay will make a move to make eBay Express more like Overstock Auction's Trusted Merchant program or uBid--i.e. the eligibility requirements will be tightened to "registered as a business" and "personal registrations" will be excluded.
Quote:the eligibility requirements will be tightened to "registered as a business" and "personal registrations" will be excluded.

That makes sense.  There must be a reason for the register as business enhancement!
I was in San Jose over a year and a half ago as part of the Voices program. This was discussed then as their shopping cart. I argued back then that it was a bad idea, and I wasn't the only one. It will result in mass confusion and glitches. You can be sure of it. The thought of grouping payments from single purchasers to distribute to various sellers is lunacy. Buyers will be negging the wrong sellers. And buyers who don't read (the vast majority of buyers) won't know who to complain to about each and every possible (probable) glitch and/or infraction. And it will further dismantle the walls between ebay sellers. Ebay wants total control, which will give even less autonomy to sellers than they have now.

By the way, I dropped out of Voices over a year ago because we really didn't have much of a voice. Many members dropped out, although it isn't true that all the remaining members are cheerleaders. There is somewhat of a cross representation, for what it's worth. But the point is that Voices members really don’t have any more of a voice than anyone else.

Back to the main point.. Express is the dumbest idea to come down the pike in a very long time. It should be fun to watch from the sidelines.  Happy1

~Bob
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16