TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quote:Chris T

I doubt if  Chris T is feeling shafted at all--as Vice President of Advanced Solutions he's also in charge of ProStores, Seller Tools, Trading Platforms, including the Reseller marketplace and the eBay Developers Program...and eBay Express.
Hmmmmm, not that it's a biggie, but I wonder why my IP number is showing.....
Bell...I responded once, don't see it so I prolly messed it up.  In any event...I've been with LunarPages Hosting for years, reason?  Private email will get it.

I am NOT interested in fiddling with agora, oscommerce, etc., which is what alot of these Hosts offer, claiming they are "user friendly," which I disagree with, after messing with them for many, many hours.

IPowerWeb is cool, their sitebuilder is limited.  One (must) have, imho, Dreamweaver or, ack! FrontPage, to get their site to be up to snuff.

Hence, for me, the level of aggravation of building a site will be minimized, for me, by going to Yahoo Stores.  This is mainly because that, for a real example, I have tees.  At IPowerWeb, using sitebuilder, the only way to have various sizes, prices and colors was either to get a "hack," for the PP Cart, which is readily available, upload to Host, yadda.  Or, use one of those so-called user friendly carts.

My patience barometer strongly indicates to go with Yahoo Stores at this juncture, although I am gonna call PrestoStore and get a fix on them, first.

BTW...NONE of this is meant to denigrate TT, in any way.
[quote author=sliique link=topic=4457.msg18368#msg18368 date=1153593780]
Hmmmmm, not that it's a biggie, but I wonder why my IP number is showing.....
[/quote]

You're the only one who can see it . You can see your own IP when you're logged in but not other people's IPs (administrators are the only one's who are able to see other people's IPs).
Thx, Lady!
Quote:My patience barometer strongly indicates to go with Yahoo Stores at this juncture, although I am gonna call PrestoStore and get a fix on them, first.

Yahoo Stores charges a percentage fee on each sale.  The backend  of their cart is good but the store templates they provide aren't the best.

Some others you might want to look at that would be easier than Yahoo Stores and don't charge a fee on sales are ShopPal stores (low priced), higher priced-->3DCart, Volusion, MonsterCommerce, and Make-a-Store.

Quote:their sitebuilder is limited

Most sitebuilders are limited.  They're really not suitable for ecommerce sites.  They're good if you're a doctor/lawyer/insurance agent etc. who wants an informational site to give your business a web presence.
Vital, Chris T. is on an extended "vacation", according to a post by the pinks. Odd---have never known of a key player to be on vacation when something like this comes down. Of course, with the exception of George W. Big Grin

Slique, I know little about building a site but I do know that I want total control over my business and that is really the only way to get it if you are conducting business online. I do have FP and Photoshop, so I will try to do the design work myself. If I feel too overwhelmed, I'll hire a designer.I am forcing myself to learn HTML, CSS --not exactly enjoying it, but I do like to feel competent.

Btw, do you do custom tees?If you do, what is your minimum order?

Hey Amy---how about some TT tees?!!!!

Did you guys see the thing I posted (from the Ross show) on this thread?

Online Auction Industry / eBay / Re: eBay meets Q2 Earnings Estimates, raises Store fees, buys back stock
Bell:  I hear ya.  Regarding FrontPage...shoot an email, I'll elaborate for ya.

Yep, custom tees, coasters, checkbook covers, mousepads.  Can do one off, if necessary.  Price(s) depend on image(s) used, whether they need any rework, etc.

Here's one I do.  http://cgi.ebay.com/Painted-Bunting-Bird...dZViewItem

Presently, am gonna try a different process for tees.  This coming week, in fact.  Somebody take the time to do a eBay Sux type image, I'll do a free one for you.  Image is limited to 8" X 10" for this new trial process (lazer).  Inkjet, I can do 13" X 17."  BOTH processes require that the tee, regardless of genre (i.e., there are more ladylike cuts), be light colored.  Like Ecru, natural and so on.

Take a look at Dreamweaver, do NOT buy it, tho.  It's far more userfriendly, imho, than FP.
[quote author=sliique link=topic=4457.msg18375#msg18375 date=1153597370]
Take a look at Dreamweaver, do NOT buy it, tho.  It's far more userfriendly, imho, than FP.
[/quote]

Hmm.. I kinda like FP better. I tried DreamWeaver and I had a hard time with it. FP has probably saved me thousands of dollars over the long haul, all things considered. I know that each camp has its followers. And then there are the hardcore programmers who hate them both.
Yep to that, land....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31