TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I double dog dare y'all to send Bill the ship picture.  Big Grin
OMg, can't stop laughing. Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
A lot of Fee Protest listings are being pulled for KWS!!  HA HA HA
THAT is the best eBay could come up with.  Boinktards. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4457.msg18582#msg18582 date=1153807435]
THAT is the best eBay could come up with.  Maroons. 
[/quote]

I would have used the word Boinktards instead of Maroons to describe them.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4457.msg18588#msg18588 date=1153809021]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4457.msg18582#msg18582 date=1153807435]
THAT is the best eBay could come up with.  Maroons. 
[/quote]

I would have used the word Boinktards instead of Maroons to describe them.  Smile
[/quote]

Done!   Smile
eBay has reportedly removed all fee hike protest auctions now.

Article from yesterday's Auctionbytes written before eBay began removing the auctions:

Quote:eBay sellers found a creative outlet to vent their frustration over Store fee increases that were announced last week. A search on eBay for the term "fee hike" yielded more than 100 auctions protesting the rate hike, many of them humorous.

One listing stated that the auction for "eBay's ear" is the seller's contribution to restore the magic store sellers seem to have taken from eBay, referring to eBay CEO Meg Whitman's comments to analysts on Wednesday that, "The marketplace has been overwhelmed with identical, often poorly-priced items that have diluted the magic of the eBay experience."

Other items with "fee hike" in the listing title included: a Fog Machine, for "blowing smoke…"; an eBay Stores Fee Hike Official Paddle" (because, "If you have an eBay store, you are UP SHEE-YUT CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE!"; a scarf to cry in; and even an "eBay Store Burial Plot." ...

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m07/i24/s01
CSS's eBay Stores board thread gets a link Smile

Quote:EBay customers are upset over San Jose, Calif.-based auction giant’s decision to stop charging users in China transaction fees...

The move did not go unnoticed by eBay sellers. A thread on company’s discussion forum has many “eBay store” owners complaining about paying for listings when the same services are free for eBay China....

The article also mentions that eBay Stores are coming under increasing competitive pressure from alternative marketplaces:

Quote:In reality the stores part of the business is under competitive pressure from other market places and ad-driven platforms such as Google Checkout...

full article: http://gigaom.com/2006/07/24/ebays-china-syndrome
eBay user complains about eBay's removal of Fee Hike protest auctions:

Quote:What really upsets me now is yesterdays TYRANNICAL abuse of power. For years we have all been crying to ebay about policing this sight. Our cries fall on deaf ears and they tell us to police ourselves it by reporting auctions that are breaking important rules. (specifically fee avoidance thru excessive shipping) Ebay could just as easily go through all the .01 buy it now auctions and act as they did yesterday but they don't. Yesterday over 200 auctions were pulled because they contained the words FEE HIKE. They called this key word spamming. The reality was that many of those auctions contained these word's legitimately and they accurately described the item being sold and in no way was "key word spamming" the real issue.

Yesterday's action is more in tune with a tyrant. This is something you'd expect of Saddam Hussein. Clearly this was an abuse of power. These auctions were cancelled because ebay didn't like them - not because they broke any real rules. Ebay flexed it's muscle and told the world they are the absolute power by doing so they revealed their tyrannical side. Aren't you glad our president doesn't do that? Newsweek writes a bad article on him, so he yanks their license and closes them down... Yesterday's actions were so anti-American and such a clear case of abuse of power. not sure I can live with that.

full post: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000325138&tstart=0
Too many comments to add so I'll just sit here and read the  :mgoodnews:

and eat my :popcorneaters:
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=4457.msg18577#msg18577 date=1153794132]
I double dog dare y'all to send Bill the ship picture.  Big Grin
[/quote]

Feel FREE to send IT.
[Image: ebaysinking.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31